ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Jones spitting incident

No. It needs to be taken care eof an addressed. Maybe a punishment like run laps. It's poor character and if he will do that infont of people then it says alot. For people thinking it's not a big deal, that's wrong. People want it not to be a big deal. But they would call any other player on another team dirty if they did it. Bashing the messenger is interesting. Is it weir dfor me to think spitting at fans is bad? I guess so.

It's not a big deal at all but the behavior is unacceptable. CMS will take care of it the right way. Laps, stairs or a 1st Q all seem reasonable to me. Also there is a good chance this is something we never hear of again and will be handled behind close doors.

Reactions: kydan64
It appears he spit his gum towards the crowd which had zero chance of reaching the crowd. No matter what was said to him, the young man needs to keep his composure and it was a dumb thing to do. I'm sure Stoops will give some type of punishment like running suicides early in the morning. But a playing time suspension? For that? Please.

I was right there when J. Jones spit AT the crowd on Saturday. However, I also went dove hunting this weekend and shot AT a lot of birds. He didn't spit on any fan, and he had to have known there was no way he had that range.

Granted he should not have done it in the first place, but he didn't spit on anyone. He did a lot of foolish things but he didn't spit on someone.

Funnily enough the saliva in question was closer to KY players and fans than anything else.

I don't see it as a big deal, no telling what was said to him. BUT, I do think Stoops needs to address it in some way not for the actual spitting, but losing his composure, but not suspension worthy. No good can come from his losing his composure, do that on the field and there will likely be several suspensions. Spitting on someone is pretty disrespectful to me.

I was right there when J. Jones spit AT the crowd on Saturday. However, I also went dove hunting this weekend and shot AT a lot of birds. He didn't spit on any fan, and he had to have known there was no way he had that range.

Granted he should not have done it in the first place, but he didn't spit on anyone. He did a lot of foolish things but he didn't spit on someone.

Funnily enough the saliva in question was closer to KY players and fans than anything else.

Yup

Non-issue

I don't see it as a big deal, no telling what was said to him. BUT, I do think Stoops needs to address it in some way not for the actual spitting, but losing his composure, but not suspension worthy. No good can come from his losing his composure, do that on the field and there will likely be several suspensions. Spitting on someone is pretty disrespectful to me.

Again I would like to know the other side.

Maybe he just got tired of his gum.......sure glad he didn't swallow it! He didn't spit ON anyone, so let it freakin go.

Since you were that close, you had to see what started this. What was said or done by the crowd?

As I said before, this really doesn't come down to one incident, or even three. But several, this was a thing between J.Jones and the fans from the kickoff forward.

He spit. Warn him to knock it off.

If he does, good.

If he doesn't, suspend him for a half.

I might be crazy, but there's a huge difference between some pansy pop singer from Canada spitting into a crowd of adoring fans vs. a football player spitting towards hecklers with no intent to actually hit.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Irish Cat, by me saying it was the whole game I am telling you that I do not know everything that was said, that would have been exhausting. It wasn't anything that you wouldn't hear in any other opposing student section or from any other fan base.

I said it in another post, and I will say it here, from my perspective J. Jones was the instigator. The fans fed off of him not the other way around.

Irish Cat, by me saying it was the whole game I am telling you that I do not know everything that was said, that would have been exhausting. It wasn't anything that you wouldn't hear in any other opposing student section or from any other fan base.

I said it in another post, and I will say it here, from my perspective J. Jones was the instigator. The fans fed off of him not the other way around.
Ok. You think he was the instigator. Even if he was, you have no idea what the fans said back to him? They could have easily raised venom by their responses.

Reactions: brianpoe
I'm not really surprised that people are defending him. It is a totally classless move

Very classless. I think most just want it covered up and forgotten which is why they are upest with the post. Don't see how anyone can deny how dirty it was and that he needs a good punishment by running some laps at the least. It's good to have emotion but this is over the line.

I find your definition of "spitting AT" very disingenuous. When I shoot my rifle, am I shooting it at someone that's in the same path but 250 miles away?

Actually that's a terrible comparison, it's more like someone shooting a gun at you 10 feet away, but you shouldn't be upset because, hey they missed. If you don't care that someone spits in your direction, then that's your opinion but the average human being has more pride than that. The average human being doesn't spit at people.

I expect Coach Stoops to take care of this internally. And, I think, as others have said it is very important to know the whole story - which we don't.

However, Jones represents himself, his family, and an awful lot of people when he puts on that jersey. Not to mention that he is expected to be a team leader because of his skill on the field, and younger players will look to him for behavior to follow. That may or may not be fair, but it's true.

This isn't a big deal, but I suspect it will be a good teaching point for the coaching staff and a learning experience for Mr. Jones - who is just a kid, after all.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
If you think this is a big deal then you are a clown.

It may not be headline material but it needs to be addressed. Some people have differing ideas on what is classless. But mark me down as one who considers this classless.

Last edited:
Could be worse... a UofL player literally spit in Pat White's (WVU) face on the field several years back. I think there is video and confirmation from Pat White.

It's dirty. Why do things have to be headline news to be on a message board? They don't. If Lamar Jackson came into the stadium and spat towards our fans I am sure we would have a post about that. Actually I know for a fact we would. And he would be called classless. I am just not a hypocrite or one sided.

In today's climate everyone is looking for something to be fake mad about. This Jordan Jones thing happens to be your cause and I don't quite get it. I generally think that when people have fake outrage about something it is typically are really stupid cause but your fake outrage cause is even dumber than most.

Reactions: yoshukai and csrupp
I hope they never get to hear him or any other players on the field. or see what goes on in a pile. Talking about your mother, your sister, your dog. twisting fingers, legs, arms, choking, punching, ....... He is a loose canon, but then again, most LBs are. That should be an extra set of UP Downs or a progressive 100 yard run.

You can really tell who loves drama on this board. It's always the same people. This is nothing but of course some of you are trying to make it something.

World we live in...we all need to be disgusted and outraged about something. Glad some in here have found your focus.

This is a very minor thing that the coaching staff needs to talk with some of our guys about and handle internally and quietly. Glad some of you have come to this public message board and made such a big deal out of it since most of the local sports media get intel from these boards. Be a nice little distraction going forward.

Actually that's a terrible comparison, it's more like someone shooting a gun at you 10 feet away, but you shouldn't be upset because, hey they missed. If you don't care that someone spits in your direction, then that's your opinion but the average human being has more pride than that. The average human being doesn't spit at people.

No it's actually a great comparison. I'm guessing you weren't at the game. If someone spits 25 yards from me, I don't give a dang. Especially if it's a wad of gum.

I'm in Birmingham and just hocked a loogie north, you might want to go cry about it.

He spit out his gum in the general direction of the stands that were 25-30 yards away. How can anyone possibly be outraged by this? How does any sane person even develop the theory that it was intended to hit the fans and then move forward with outrage as if that theory is now fact? What a stupid time to be alive.

Nothing to see here,move along. The dogs are yapping,but the caravan moves on! Sheesh,all the drama!

Reactions: csrupp
I'm sure Coach Stoops or Hood grabbed him by the arm today and took 5 minutes to tell Jordan don't over react to the opposing crowd. Understand? Jones shook his head yes and said I get it .. sorry won't happen again. Situation solved lesson learned. Teenager. We were all there at one time. Live and let live

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT