ADVERTISEMENT

To every SEC/NCAA official

FanofUK

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 7, 2006
We apologize for the excessive treatment directed towards John Higgins, which, although not personally from me, was clearly overboard. Such actions, while intended to demonstrate our deep commitment to our program, were regrettable. Since that incident, we have consistently found ourselves on the receiving end of unfair officiating in many of our games. While perhaps we may have deserved such treatment in past years, it is unfair to penalize the current players, who are innocent in this regard.

Having John Calipari as our coach seems to exacerbate our situation further, adding insult to injury. Once again, we express our remorse, as many among us would welcome his departure. Therefore, we earnestly request a fair officiating during this postseason. We are not even seeking preferential treatment akin to what Duke or UT might receive; all we ask for is fairness.

These young athletes are good-natured and enjoy each other's company. All we desire is a fair chance for them to compete.

- UK fans (Enhanced with AI)

Last edited:
I wonder if someone could pull data from the last 6 or 7 years after the John Higgins incident to the previous 6 to 7 years.

Totals fouls for and against. It has to be worse or maybe it is placebo and I have blue tinted glasses.

We apologize for the excessive treatment directed towards John Higgins, which, although not personally from me, was clearly overboard. Such actions, while intended to demonstrate our deep commitment to our program, were regrettable. Since that incident, we have consistently found ourselves on the receiving end of unfair officiating in many of our games. While perhaps we may have deserved such treatment in past years, it is unfair to penalize the current players, who are innocent in this regard.

Having John Calipari as our coach seems to exacerbate our situation further, adding insult to injury. Once again, we express our remorse, as many among us would welcome his departure. Therefore, we earnestly request a fair officiating during this postseason. We are not even seeking preferential treatment akin to what Duke or UT might receive; all we ask for is fairness.

These young athletes are good-natured and enjoy each other's company. All we desire is a fair chance for them to compete.

I'd say his calls were what was regrettable.

We were getting a terrible whistle before blasting Higgins. Higgins was blasted because of his obvious bias and consistently horrible calls against us. It was all directed by Emmert. He is gone but apparently not forgotten by the officials. We receive the worst whistle in college ball. Bar None.

The worst thing about Higgins is that he falsely stated that he had received death threats from UK fans obviously in order to gain a PR advantage . The FBI investigated and only came up with several mealy mouth calls which did not approach a death threat . One was “ I hope u get cancer “ another “ I hope you fall off the next roof you work on”
no prosecutor even considered the calls an offense of any type.
IOWs he is the Jussie Smullot (cs? ) of college referees . BUT THE PRESS NEVER CALLED HIM OUT ON HIS FALSE ALLEGATIONS.

How about remember that no one is paying to see you so don’t make it about you like shows and Adams, call the fouls that happen…..on BOTH ends & not anticipate fouls as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT