ADVERTISEMENT

Jones Twitter Space call shortly

No, he’s just going to reiterate what everybody already knows. We’re in the process of offering Drew, his family was in Lexington today, and we should know for sure tomorrow blah, blah, blah. Which is perfectly fine, but people just need to relax and stop hitting refresh. So much click bait.

It's sounding like this is done. Jones is speaking on the search process in past tense. Update: No, not done yet. Said expect Drew announcement tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Drew will decide by tomorrow. The plane stuff may have freaked the Drew family out a little bit

Rowland said something interesting, he said oats was the first call but bama’s AD didn’t want to renegotiate the buyout, so that ended the discussion. Oats himself never said no
That seems like an odd request to me. What incentive would Byrne have to restructure a contract just to make it easier for us to take his coach? Keeping him from being hired by another school is kind of the whole point of a buyout clause like that.

He's now not saying it's not done. Said if Drew said no, Hurley will be offered $11-$12M per year. Said Miller and Beard are a few other names if we have to get to that point.
Why aren’t they offering Hurley 11-13 million a year right now? I mean seriously Mitch. I won’t be mad at getting Drew but I’ll be pissed that he’s passing on Hurley to try for him first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT