ADVERTISEMENT

For those interested, MJ doing a Twitter space 8pm

Maybe he has something good. Could be worth a listen. Never understood the reason people get in threads to bash Matt and what he says. Don’t like it, stop listening?
I don't listen. He's a cornball mooch that has insulted enough Kentuckians and is so wrapped up in clickbait/ad revenue that I was done with him 10 years ago.

Creating drama when there is none. Ratings who’re. He and everyone closely connected to UK knows Cal is coming back. The idea that there is this showdown meeting is absurd. Dont be manipulated.

I don’t have a problem with Matt. I disagree with him politically like most on this board but he seems like a nice guy
I don't care about peoples' politics. Not sure how you even find out about someone's political views anyway. I don't care if you're a lunatic lefty or righty - I'd have a beer with any of you (just don't talk politics because I can't stand it).

No Thanks. Come back to us, Matt, when you've CONCRETE INFORMATION. Not interested in feeding your site.
I don’t think he owns the site anymore and twitter spaces disappear when they end, so it’s not like he’s even creating permanent content here. Why are you so mad?

Reactions: entropy13
Just reading between the lines of various tweets shared today vs those from a couple days ago, it reads like Cal is back with an alleged change or two. Imagine they’ll spin it as having a stronger NIL in the works, along with some staff shuffling, maybe some other meaningless “tweaks” and think it’ll gloss the situation over.

Just reading between the lines of various tweets shared today vs those from a couple days ago, it reads like Cal is back with an alleged change or two. Imagine they’ll spin it as having a stronger NIL in the works, along with some staff shuffling, maybe some other meaningless “tweaks” and think it’ll gloss the situation over.
NIL doesn't improve coaching. Cal has had the pick of the country in talent and still has flopped the last 5 years.

Besides, the NIL situation just feeds into Cal's only focus - making kids rich. He still will not have one care about winning games as long as his kids "show out" and keep their NIL money flowing. He will continue starting and playing players to get them exposure for better NIL deals over kids who are better at the game and fit the idea of a winning TEAM concept.

I don’t think he owns the site anymore and twitter spaces disappear when they end, so it’s not like he’s even creating permanent content here. Why are you so mad?
If you read "mad" from my post, you need to spend more time here. Why are you never in the game threads, but show up when Cal might get fired? Trying to protect him?

He tweeted today that he was having one whether there was new info or not. No need to bash he's running a business.
No need to advertise his business here. He's on Google. And he's saying that because he DOESN'T have any information.

Reactions: The Snoke
This will be so f&&king stupid if they bring Cal back….. It’s just not good for business…. If Mitch is this stupid he needs to be gone too!!!!

He could offer a million bucks to a random listener and I wouldn’t listen. He’s just going to whine and complain and give teasers that are nothing of substance because he hasn’t been told anything.

Cal will be the head coach until the income drops ie donors dry up and seats at Rupp sit empty. Apathy kills programs. With what we have coming in so far next year and with expected departures, there is little chance of winning the SEC or making a deep run in the SEC or NCAA tournaments.

Obvious questions will be where scoring comes from without Mitchell, Reed, Dilly, DJ, Edwards and Reeves . In fact it is likely that all of our three point production leaves and 90% of our scoring . Without killing it in the portal we may be looking at a losing season in 2024/25 .

I don’t have a problem with Matt. I disagree with him politically like most on this board but he seems like a nice guy
I don't have too many issues with him either. He's a little cocky sometimes, but overall a nice dude. Hangs out with KSR fans, is a very competent businessman.

As far as the Twitter space, it's like a Teams call or Zoom Call, just no video. Anyone can listen that follows his account. Last time I listened into one (been awhile) there were no ads in the call.

I don't care about peoples' politics. Not sure how you even find out about someone's political views anyway. I don't care if you're a lunatic lefty or righty - I'd have a beer with any of you (just don't talk politics because I can't stand it).
This is where I am but with Matt, unfortunately, it’s not really possible to not know about his politics. Albeit that is generally not as bad lately and it’s also always been generally more of a thing in the offseason.

I really like Matt. I just figure he’s got a screw loose both with politics and with keeping it out of his show. But we all have a screw or two loose. I gravitate towards the people who are okay other than that, or if they’re not at least they have a good attitude about it.

• Love
Reactions: Ugoff
As far as the Twitter space, it's like a Teams call or Zoom Call, just no video. Anyone can listen that follows his account. Last time I listened into one (been awhile) there were no ads in the call.
This. I can't listen because I think Elon changed the rules and now to listen to Spaces you've gotta have an account. Regardless, folks here seem so grouchy and ready to attack anybody. On Spaces, it's just an opened conversation where you can have different hosts/co-hosts and listeners can have a turn at the mic and ask questions. Not sure why some here are rambling off complaints about ads. It's not a sponsored event lol.

IMO I think Mitch just waiting for the storm blow over. I feel pretty certain calipari coming back another year with even less offensive fire power we had this year. Matt jones seems flip flopping now. He has went from there’s need to be separation to “I will cheer for them to win every game if calipari comes back”. Either stick with your guns or don’t say anything at all.

Decision will be made tomorrow night, we’ll know something on Tuesday.

UK has been surprised at how much desire there is for a change amongst donors, ticket holders, “the important people”.

Believes it’s slightly more likely than not that Cal is gone but would not be surprised at all if Cal returns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT