ADVERTISEMENT

Jones Twitter Space call shortly

The other issue is UConn has their parade on Saturday, he wouldn't make a decision until then at the earliest. And then would probably enter a jostling period betwen UConn and UK. Could take a couple of weeks.
If they determined they could get him I’d be good with that. Like your above post I want to take him just because of how smug those people are.

Reactions: Morgundy
No to a guy who has been college for the last decade and has success but let bring an nba guy who left college becuse he hated recruiting. Also NIL would make his hate for recruiting even stronger
It will be interesting to hear your comments after the Duke game next season.

We’re going to base the new tenure on one game? And we wonder why people haven’t jumped at the job.

Whoever this is going to be we’ve got to give them some time.
The person I was talking to said he didn't want BD because he would take too much time to make UK again but thinks Drew makes them good next season.

Reactions: gojvc
75% Drew; 15-20% Hurley; the rest for Other is his expectation on next coach.
I wholeheartedly agreed with the guy on the cast whose dad started Wildcat Liquors. Mitch seems to be in too big of a hurry to validate his list. Drew was at the top. A wise CEO would interview all three candidates and then determine the best fit when the job is as big as being the UK head coach. Waiting a week is worth it.

So, as a person of faith myself, I’m going to pray tonight that Coach Drew and his family discern what is best for them in prayer. Maybe that will include not rushing into a decision and also praying for UK and all our fans that the best coach be chosen for who we are too. And if that is Coach Drew, I’m on board. But if it’s not, and Hurley or Donovan are discerned to be a better fit for the program, I trust Coach Drew and his family will discern that too and even communicate it to Mitch.

Perhaps Coach Drew can model something for Mitch Barnhart regarding the spirit of patience and humility for a job as UK’s head coach being bigger not only than the coach, but than the AD too. UK needs it badly.

The person I was talking to said he didn't want BD because he would take too much time to make UK again but thinks Drew makes them good next season.
I said competitive I didn’t say good, competitive means they can put together good stretches. You want a coach who hasn’t coached college in 10 years and hated recruiting. Also one game early In the year doesn’t define the year. I get it you don’t like Drew, but you are complety writing him off before he has a chance to get settled here

Nobody knows anything. He could come in a slay or he could choke. That’s true of any coach anywhere.

Hurley struggled at UConn for a couple of years before he got rolling. He was 15-8 and 23-10 his first two years there.

Don't we play Dook, IU. Louisville and UNC (ACC challenge) next year? Lose half and this fanbase will go nucking futs.

Oh and of course Ark.
If we don’t give a new coach time and immediately go bunkers, well, we deserve the karma that will befall us. Hell we gave BCG two years. Drew has to at least get that much time.

Nobody knows anything. He could come in a slay or he could choke. That’s true of any coach anywhere.

Hurley struggled at UConn for a couple of years before he got rolling. He was 15-8 and 23-10 his first two years there.
But after all we have suffered lately from Cal how will fans take it if we have 2 poor seasons?

Reactions: bookerfan66
Weirdly I’m not blown away by Hurley, he has already won 2 championships. How many coaches just keep winning unlimited titles. The guy isn’t John Wooden or Rupp. Eventually people are gonna figure out his system and how big of a jerk he is to his players and it will all balance out. He caught lighting in a bottle for sure but has not done much up until lately. I don’t know why I feel that way but I’d rather beat the guy then have him coach my team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT