ADVERTISEMENT

Johnell Davis

If that rumor is true, then we just need to go through the motions of pursuing every guy Arkansas is interested in to drive the price up. See how that works?

That’s why I find this rumor hard to believe. Would be a very dumb thing for Arkansas to put out there.
Yeah that would be a really easy thing for Kentucky to exploit. I don’t buy it either.

Should have gone after Tyrin Lawrence from Vandy. He is better than most of these guards in the portal. Looks like Ga. might get him.

Don’t think we’ll take DJ unless something goes wrong with the others. Boogie, Richmond, DAVIS, Knox are the play.

Love that you make it sound like it's up to you guys haha.

A sophomore DJ Wagner would be WAY better than a freshman Boogie, Richmond and Knox. Knox is not very good- UK fans have been saying that for months and were upset when he committed.

Sounds like the chatter points to the DJ/Cal relationship going south, just like it did with Rob Dillingham. You guys will learn.

I would love for that to be true. Kinda cracks me up that I post on here daily and if I ever see anything on social media that appears interesting, I share it with a link. The one time I post a rumor without a link, I get crucified. LOL.
because the dude just had a thread about how hes wrong a lot then just acts like the prediction never happened.

The rumor wasn’t him committing soon, the rumor was Kentucky doesn’t want to get into a bidding war with Arkansas because they know Arkansas will double whatever Kentucky does
Get into all kinds of bidding wars with them drive up the price to crazy and dip.

Then Cal can have the most expensive team ever bought and still flop.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23

A sophomore DJ Wagner would be WAY better than a freshman Boogie, Richmond and Knox. Knox is not very good- UK fans have been saying that for months and were upset when he committed.

Sounds like the chatter points to the DJ/Cal relationship going south, just like it did with Rob Dillingham. You guys will learn.
Ok, I’m just telling you what it is, but whatever man I’m not gonna argue about it.

Cool man, keep telling yourself that you guys chose not to land DJ Wagner.
How do you know we’re not? I’m simply saying I think Boogie, Davis, Knox, Richmond are higher priorities and Wagner may be outside looking in. I’m not Cal, these kids don’t report to me, I’m just telling you what the information suggests. If we don’t get Davis, I’m sure they’ll take Wagner, if they get Davis and don’t get Boogie…they’ll take Wagner. They may take them all and let it sort itself out, but those four Davis, Knox, Boogie, Richmond are the core group the staff is focused on. Take it or don’t, but that’s what it is.

They can have DJ. There are better guards out there.

How do you know we’re not? I’m simply saying I think Boogie, Davis, Knox, Richmond are higher priorities and Wagner may be outside looking in. I’m not Cal, these kids don’t report to me, I’m just telling you what the information suggests. If we don’t get Davis, I’m sure they’ll take Wagner, if they get Davis and don’t get Boogie…they’ll take Wagner. They may take them all and let it sort itself out, but those four Davis, Knox, Boogie, Richmond are the core group the staff is focused on. Take it or don’t, but that’s what it is.
Looks like a bunch of non shooters minus Davis

That would be a major loss losing Davis. Especially to Arkansas. Should have been smarter hiring recruiters on staff…
We have one (Hart) who I think will bring the heat as a recruiter. If we get the assistant from Baylor, I think we potentially have the best 1-2 recruiting punch in the country.

The rumor wasn’t him committing soon, the rumor was Kentucky doesn’t want to get into a bidding war with Arkansas because they know Arkansas will double whatever Kentucky does
Then why not offer him a great sum and let them double that, hopefully using up what they have?

Because we aren't gonna give him 1.5 to 2 million and get stuck. All the talk about Arkansas going to double our offer for players is complete bullshit.
My fault Catfan---saw the thread at bottom of the page and see it's a Matt Jones thing.

Trilly Donovan is National and the UK media now has Off the Mark Krebs.

Reactions: Catfan2226
Why should we overpay..make a respectable offer and if the player says no then move on.
To many options in the portal to settle on one overhyped player. Davis isn't the next Jordan.
How many great options do you see out there that have interest in UK?

Then why not offer him a great sum and let them double that, hopefully using up what they have?
Because it’s made up BS. No one is blindly doubling offers to guys. Trilly and Matt Jones can sell y’all and conspiracy theory no matter how ridiculous. If Arkansas was paying all this money Jayden Quaintance would have committed their and not eliminates them.

My fault Catfan---saw the thread at bottom of the page and see it's a Matt Jones thing.

Trilly Donovan is National and the UK media now has Off the Mark Krebs.
No problem Ralph
He's working hard to fill the roster and contacting players right and left. We just need to let it play out. We don't know who may enter the portal before May 1 that may be better fit than Davis in what Pope is looking for. Plenty of quality already in the portal and amongst players he has contacted. We don't have to put all our eggs in one basket on one player is all I'm saying.
Let's let it play out and see how the roster develops.

Yeah no need for us to overpay players.Everyone wants to come here to play for the front of the jersey....

1. there are guys who can go into the portal for the next like 9 days
2. there are people who can grad transfer at any time.
3. there are recruits who can back out of NLI's
4. there are guys who can reclassify
5. If Pope felt this was as dire as you seem to, he'd be dropping more bags at Davis' feet.

Kenny Rogers Gambling GIF

Reactions: J-Ryan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT