ADVERTISEMENT

Karter Knox to Arkansas

G-PIP

Senior
Mar 14, 2014
Per ESPN. YES!!! This means Calipari won't be able to pursue the better SF options in the portal, right? One less competitor. Does this and Billy Richmond eliminate Ark from pursuing Johnell Davis?

Reactions: chroix and catben
Per ESPN. YES!!! This means Calipari won't be able to pursue the better SF options in the portal, right? One less competitor. Does this and Billy Richmond eliminate Ark from pursuing Johnell Davis?
it is not going to matter
Cal will keep recruiting players that he thinks will help

“It kind of makes sense. He got my big brother to the league; he can make me go to the league.” Yessiree, that is a Cal recruit.

He said that? This was my biggest fear with Karter.. his brother was a lazy NBA player who clearly just wanted to bypass college and BE a NBA basketball player, not PLAY basketball.

Didn't really want him when he committed, and glad hes not our problem. He's the perfect example of a guy who is going to struggle all year, have one good game, and then bolt for the draft to go 29th, winning hi team next to nothing.

He said that? This was my biggest fear with Karter.. his brother was a lazy NBA player who clearly just wanted to bypass college and BE a NBA basketball player, not PLAY basketball.

Didn't really want him when he committed, and glad hes not our problem. He's the perfect example of a guy who is going to struggle all year, have one good game, and then bolt for the draft to go 29th, winning hi team next to nothing.
And this is the biggest obstacle Pope has at UK. This stupid "get me to the NBA" nonsense. I mean, get your own ass to the NBA, but win something while you're in college.

This one makes the most sense of all the ex-Cats. Knox had Arkansas on his list when Musselman was the Coach. He was going to go to UofL if Payne kept his job and he was heading to the G-League in all likelihood until he was informed Team Ignite wouldn't exist. So he commits to Cal and gets to play for Cal and Payne at a school he liked prior to all of the moving parts.

I wasn't super excited about his committment. The only thing he talks about is "the league."
Even in his statement today. When asked about why he chose Arkansas, he said because Cal was the guy talking all about “how to make him a pro.” Nothing about team goals, nothing about Arkansas itself.

I’ve had quite enough of that mentality after Cal’s 15 years here. Let Hog fans deal with it now.

Let's get a call back out to Billy Richmond, who couldn't have been thrilled that Cal sort of recruited over him (something else I didn't like when we went after Knox).

Tell Richmond he can play in a better offense, still go toa premier school UK, and he can still leave in a year if he wants.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Good. They deserve each other.

CAL BE LIKE

ask the storybots hug GIF by StoryBots

So y’all didn’t want Knox but welcome some bench guy from BYU and/or a kid from Illinois who couldn’t get more than 10 mins a game, with praise? The spin is getting above and beyond even normal sunshine pumping/homer spin. Not flaming, it’s just kind of weird to watch, respectfully.
Hey, I need your help. I'm trying to figure out your username.

Are the first two words Jack Axx?

So y’all didn’t want Knox but welcome some bench guy from BYU and/or a kid from Illinois who couldn’t get more than 10 mins a game, with praise? The spin is getting above and beyond even normal sunshine pumping/homer spin. Not flaming, it’s just kind of weird to watch, respectfully.
It’s more Knox’s attitude and work ethic, or lack thereof. He’s only in college because he has to wait a year to go pro
Granted that last would describe most OADs…
But he has no loyalty to anyone but himself

Respectfully

He is going to need some shooters from the portal : BJ Freeman, and another freshman.

Age and experience. No more wondering what you are getting. Please Pope, no more one year freshmen when there are experienced men in the portal.

No offense to Karter, I'm sure he's a nice kid. But, man, he was the commit I think I had least looked forward to seeing since Cal got here. After being burned out on the revolving door, I swear EVERY single interview I saw with him he mentioned Cal making him a pro. Was just a total non-starter for me.

Good luck and all that but sure am glad I don't have to watch him on our team next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT