ADVERTISEMENT

Johnell Davis

Caleb Brunson is not a trusted source….. That FAU insider who’s a kid said last night Kentucky has the edge. I believe the kid over Brunson
I would love for that to be true. Kinda cracks me up that I post on here daily and if I ever see anything on social media that appears interesting, I share it with a link. The one time I post a rumor without a link, I get crucified. LOL.

Sure, I'll go ask my dad to screenshot the tweet he told me about this morning. Smh. I never said it was fact, just twitter talk.
Hey bud thanks for your 3rd hand repeating of a social media posting 24 hours old that was already discussed on this board thousand times on Monday

This is the only guy I've seen say this, but there are a lot of questions about his credibility.

Auburn fan stirring the pot? Has a picture of Bruce Pearl highlighting his X page, lol.

What's nuts is seeing people form firm positions on things based of something they read on social media.

Charlie Strong was right - Social Media has ruined society.

Last edited:
If Twitter rumors were to be believed, he was going to the highest bidder. If that was true, sounds like Arkansas isn't going to be outbid for anyone.

Will be interesting to see how that plays with fland and dj. Sure seems like room for only two.

If that rumor is true, then we just need to go through the motions of pursuing every guy Arkansas is interested in to drive the price up. See how that works?

That’s why I find this rumor hard to believe. Would be a very dumb thing for Arkansas to put out there.

I am sure Arky has plenty of NIL money, but it is silly to think that their recruiting tactics will simply be to outbid everyone on anyone they like.

Reactions: westerncat
I don't know of any Arkansas fans who actually believe that Jerry Jones rumor . Personally would love it to be true but it is highly unlikely .

Of course it's not true lol. I can't believe how many here are falling for it. I appreciate an Arkasnas fans coming over and verifying what I've been saying. Agents are driving this stuff first and foremost to set the market. The less of a brand a program has the more they're going to to have to end up paying because of it.

Kentucky might not want to pay a certain amount, but this program has mega wealth that actually cares about basketball. Nobody will outbid UK unless we're okay with them doing so. Sure, there will be some that we will. Pope has already made clear the Kentucky brand is part of the recruitment and if a player doesn't understand that, he can go elsewhere. Kentucky is not going to get crazy here because we don't have to. A program like Arkasnas will have to, and agents understand that. That's what is driving this.

@piglet mignon I am not underselling Arkansas, they have a really good basketball tradition, but it is nowhere near the same league as a program like UK. It's night and day. This speaks more toward the power of the UK brand, not calling it average - the nature of the Arkansas brand. When a program has way more power than a program like Arkansas, it speaks highly of that brand. I'm limited in my response ability so I had to edit the post. If you notice, Calipari didn't have to worry about Arkasnas at Kentucky, but at Arkasnas he must consider the UK brand.

Last edited:
Of course it's not true lol. I can't believe how many here are falling for it. I appreciate an Arkasnas fans coming over and verifying what I've been saying. Agents are driving this stuff first and foremost to set the market. The less of a brand a program has the more they're going to to have to end up paying because of it.

Kentucky might not want to pay a certain amount, but this program has mega wealth that actually cares about basketball. Nobody will outbid UK unless we're okay with them doing so. Sure, there will be some that we will. Pope has already made clear the Kentucky brand is part of the recruitment and if a player doesn't understand that, he can go elsewhere. Kentucky is not going to get crazy here because we don't have to. A program like Arkasnas will have to, and agents understand that. That's what is driving this.
I agree with most of this but you are under selling Arkansas Basketball . Is it Kentucky ? No but Arkansas basketball garners plenty of support and has a proud tradition itself .

Hey bud thanks for your 3rd hand repeating of a social media posting 24 hours old that was already discussed on this board thousand times on Monday
You're welcome, person I don't recognize. Huge congrats on your smartass response too.

Just between the the Tyson guy and Jones, that's 25 BILLION. Dosent count Walmart & JB Hunt
Those people have been billionaires for 40, 50 yrs

And yet Arkansas football has been mediocre since joining the SEC. Arkansas basketball mediocre since Nolan won the title.

Those Hawg billionaires could have been flooding their NIL since 2021 buying the best talent in the country in both sports. Anyone who believes this "gonna double all Kentucky offers!!!" bullshit ask yourselves why it wasn't happening before.

Let them spend all the money they want. If it ends in positive results, then I might become concerned. Until then, I'm just gonna do my best to remain patient. If the last four years with us says anything, getting the best talent doesn't necessarily equate to wins.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I wish I was a little younger. I was unstoppable on my home court. I'm sure that would translate to wins just like Cal's #1 recruiting classes did.

To a first round loss to Oakland and a 10 loss season despite having two Top-5 picks. Hope he is hearing that message
Funny thing is Cal probably has no idea that's even a remote possible outcome to what the recruit is hearing lol "Yea you saw how I coached two lottery picks and 2 other guards together" lmfao

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT