ADVERTISEMENT

John Wall bought out for $40 million

Houston is paying the man $40 mil to leave the team. Does that still count against their salary cap for next season?

Why do you care so much? Why are you always over here with passive aggressive digs at John Wall, and other Kentucky players and coaches?

You root for UNC-CHEATS, a program that cheated for 17 years, kept dozens of players eligible by making a mockery out of academics, then spent $32 million to avoid being held accountable. Finally when the NCAA made a cowardly ruling that every university set their own standards, your school decided that giving grades for no work and no attendance was well within the standards of honor of the university. They sold out academic integrity to avoid appropriate punishment. Disgraceful.

You should be respectful of your betters on this board, Or better yet, get lost.

Good for him. Hope his comeback is great and he gets back to his old ways. I’m sure he has lost a step, but I think he can still be productive in the association.

Likely going to the Clippers.
Yeah apparently the small amount he agreed to shave off his paycheck from Houston, is the exact amount the Clippers can pay him in the mid-level exception. So he's getting every dime he was owed this year. It's just that Houston is paying him $40 mill to leave and go to a conference opponent.

Why do you care so much? Why are you always over here with passive aggressive digs at John Wall, and other Kentucky players and coaches?

You root for UNC-CHEATS, a program that cheated for 17 years, kept dozens of players eligible by making a mockery out of academics, then spent $32 million to avoid being held accountable. Finally when the NCAA made a cowardly ruling that every university set their own standards, your school decided that giving grades for no work and no attendance was well within the standards of honor of the university. They sold out academic integrity to avoid appropriate punishment. Disgraceful.

You should be respectful of your betters on this board, Or better yet, get lost.
Ask him how much Hansborough cost the NBA. Lols

and no shits is given if I spelled dudes name wrong. None.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
He’s played 72 games in 4 years and probably still has a jump shot that looks like a shot put. I guess it’s worth a flyer, but there’s a reason the Clippers have never made a conference finals.

Not $40 million to stay home. He could have stayed home and collected $47.4 million. This is $40 million to forget the $47.4 million and allow him to sign & play with whoever he wants this season. Still a great deal, and best for him in the long run.
Yup...
1. He gets to finally play on a team that can legit contend to get to finals......something he was never able to do in Wizards.
2. He'll have 2 good wing players to play with...If Wall can bounce back, he was tremendous is getting Otto Porter, Brad Beal, Trevor Ariza, Paul Pierce, etc...plenty of good shots at Wizards. If he can put his name back on map for a year....he can be an end of career mercenary very valuable to teams looking to add to superstar laden teams.

Wall averaged 20 a game for Houston the year before last and now he has another year to heal. Wall can still go, he was balling and they asked him to sit last year so they could tank. They want to start over win for Rockets, bigger win for Clippers

He’s played 72 games in 4 years and probably still has a jump shot that looks like a shot put. I guess it’s worth a flyer, but there’s a reason the Clippers have never made a conference finals.
Finally made it to a conference final in 2021, lost to the Suns.

Wow $40 million to stay home no problem I'd retire on that!
No, he was already paid over $40 million to stay home …last season. The Rockets had him sit out the entire season last year, despite him being perfectly healthy, as they desperately tried to trade him.

They couldn’t find any takers, so now they’re paying him another 40 just to go away. And ole John makes out like a bandit, he gets the 40 from the Rockets plus his Clippers’ salary. In my next life, I want a John Wall contract.

The good part of this bizarre situation is that it appears we’ll finally get to see Wall play basketball again. It’ll be interesting to see what he still has after spending so much time sitting and rusting.

Wall averaged 20 a game for Houston the year before last and now he has another year to heal. Wall can still go, he was balling and they asked him to sit last year so they could tank. They want to start over win for Rockets, bigger win for Clippers

Same thing with Wood. Dude is one of the most underrated guys in the league and the Rockets basically put him in bad positions and left him out of games to ensure they'd lose and get experience for the younger guys.

Please let Boogie sign with the Mavs and Luka. If they can somehow get Brunson out of there for a high level catch and shoot 2, get cousins cheap, play Wood at the 4, that lineup would be nasty.

Luka and Brunson need to be separated if they're not doing to diversify the offense and run Brunson at point 30% of the time and move Luka around to different spots on the floor. Post him up, get him the ball on the ft line, send him through some baseline screens. Brunson is an initiator and distributor first, as is Doncic. I think they'd both benefit going their separate ways.

One thing they cannot have is Dwight Powell starting at C again with a stretch 4 as his backup. Powell is quite literally the worst player in the league. Cousins would be a home run but if they could just find a guy to make open shots, get boards, and a couple blocks a game that would be perfect. I don't know what bigs are out there but I sure hope they don't try to stick Wood at Center he's a stretch 4.

Wall definitely has some left in the tank especially now that he's gotten his injuries cleaned up. His fg% was bad because he was playing through multiple injuries at once while trying to heal from others.

Reactions: Fox2monk and stuway
Kid was pretty darn good in his prime.

I feel like he actually met expectations. He was never going to be a dominant shooter. He did what he was supposed to do. Averaging 19, 4 and 9 with a 19.2 PER is about as good as anyone could ask of his career.
He’s been solid. He should be headed to Springfield when it’s all said and done.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Ask him how much Hansborough cost the NBA. Lols
I’d rather talk about Hansborough’s mom - another example of what a phony, vile cheater Roy Williams was.

He gets UNC-Cheats to hire her for six figures at a made-up job so her goofy son would stay an extra year. Her “job” turned out to be sleeping with some guy in the athletic office and going with him on road trips paid for by taxpayers to see her other son play at Notre Dame.

Everything about that program is tainted and corrupt. No wonder the coward Cheater fan won’t respond. And say what? There is no defense.

I just saw Sosa quote an ignored person and the context clues made it very easy to figure out.
Right. But tell who he’s replying to, and see what they said, you have click unblock to see the message. And there was nothing in Sosa’s reply that suggested who it was or what he was talking about.

If you put someone on block, but continue to unblock their messages, are they really blocked?

Worth pondering

Right. But tell who he’s replying to, and see what they said, you have click unblock to see the message. And there was nothing in Sosa’s reply that suggested who it was or what he was talking about.

If you put someone on block, but continue to unblock their messages, are they really blocked?

Worth pondering
1. I can see the name of who Sosa was quoting even though that person is on ignore. I don't have to unblock him for that.

2. Sosa's response told me everything I needed to know. I didn't need to unblock him. It's called context clues, and you should have learned what those are in elementary school.

If you have all your facts wrong, and don't have a clue what you are talking about, how long does it take you to be a man and admit you are wrong?

Something for you to ponder.

Reactions: ganner918
Wall was an NBA all star before his injury. He had to be a pretty good NBA player to make that squad. Sometimes the body just wears out after decades of grind.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wall left it all on the floor for Kentucky night in and night out. Dude played is ass off for Kentucky. Would have scoffed at sitting out in college. Never mention he and Sharpe in the same sentence on this board, thanks.

Last edited:

Worth pondering
this is definitely, a fight worth having... lol
off season sucks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT