ADVERTISEMENT

John Legend, Uncle Of Anthony Brown-Stevens, teaming up with Club15!!!

Club15 is seeking 500 donors to pledge $15,000.00 per year for NIL purposes.

If successful, this would raise 7.5 million per year.

Ambitious goal and good use of a connection. Unfortunately I don't see it getting reached unless some big donations roll in, which isn't really the target of their marketing.

Speaking of big donations, escaping the cal buyout should be good for football. Of course not all that money will be going football, but I'm sure contributions would've been cut has donors ponied up that money for a failed coach on an awful contract.

Ambitious goal and good use of a connection. Unfortunately I don't see it getting reached unless some big donations roll in, which isn't really the target of their marketing.

Speaking of big donations, escaping the cal buyout should be good for football. Of course not all that money will be going football, but I'm sure contributions would've been cut has donors ponied up that money for a failed coach on an awful contract.

Apparently, they have a couple hundred already committed.

Even national CFB media sees how far behind, by choice, UKs NIL operations have been

I do see a vision where UK could transfer into more of a football school if BB/Cal keeps up their crap. They're losing fan support by the day it seems. Football is in much better graces with the fan base even with the A&M debacle. .m

I will tell you with certainty that for the last 3-4 years the football season has been far more interesting to me than basketball. Which is weird to say from a lifelong UK fan.
Went from nothing could interrupt UK basketball game to sometimes forgetting that a game is even on that day and it's all due to the constant turnover and lacadasical bs from the head honcho. It's hard to get behind.
Take football now there are several underclassmen that you've watched grow up and get better I don't get that sensation from basketball with the way it's ran. .

I will tell you with certainty that for the last 3-4 years the football season has been far more interesting to me than basketball. Which is weird to say from a lifelong UK fan.
Same for me, but make 3-4 years, 20-25 years.

I just prefer football as a sport, and we have gone from bottom 10 in the P5 in the early 90’s to the top third, by any rational measurement.

It is easier to be a fan when progress is shown.

Glad to see the football fanbase is growing, along with donor support.

I maintain that there is a lot of bourbon money and horse money that can be tapped into now that traditional taboos around drinking and gambling are fading away.

Football is in much better graces with the fan base even with the A&M debacle.
I just spotted this!

There was an A&M debacle . . . in 1953/4, when we lost Bear Bryant.

The most recent version was an A&M miracle!!

Go back to any era of Kentucky football and envision us keeping a winning coach sought by A&M.

The thought experiment isn’t too difficult: we’ve had three winning coaches the last 92 years!!

Reactions: satcheluk
He just accepted the narrative Matt Jones and his fans pushed. This has zero idea about our NIL.
A quick glance at our football recruiting since 2021, including NIL influenced transfers of Levis, Wandale, Jaquez Jones, Dare Rosenthal, Keidron Smith, Brock Vandergriff, Devin Leary, Dumas-Johnson etc. etc. and the annual ranking of our HS recruits, we have been competing on a pretty high level.

This will insure that we remain there.

We can spit and spew at each other, or devote that energy to being constructive.

As for the last point, I am trying to construct a group of 15 to form a small entity to satisfy the $45,000.00 pledge, each pledging $3,000.00, or 1000.00 per year.

Last edited:

It was reported that they are half way to that goal and it was insinuated that that due to that quick response, they fully expect to reach and/or exceed the 500 goal.

• Love
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
A quick glance at our football recruiting since 2021, including NIL influenced transfers of Levis, Wandale, Jaquez Jones, Dare Rosenthal, Keidron Smith, Brock Vandergriff, Devin Leary, Dumas-Johnson etc. etc. and the annual ranking of our HS recruits, we have been competing on a pretty high level.

This will insure that we remain there.

We can spit and spew at each other, or devote that energy to being constructive.

As for the last point, I am trying to construct a group of 15 to form a small entity to satisfy the $45,000.00 pledge, each pledging $3,000.00, or 1000.00 per year.
It would seem the collectives are missing out on a large portion of our fanbase. Many affluent alumni live out of state. I'll participate in the small plans, but the incentives for the bigger amounts all include local experiences, but since I live in Tampa are useless to me. I go the Gainesville game every other year, every bowl game and hit a home game most years. I could be talked into donating more if they had some subscriptions designed for the diaspora.

That $15,000 number is very doable imo. That's $1,250/month, which a decent amount of people can afford. Even if you only get 400, that's still $6,000,000.

Reactions: The-Hack
Same for me, but make 3-4 years, 20-25 years.

I just prefer football as a sport, and we have gone from bottom 10 in the P5 in the early 90’s to the top third, by any rational measurement.

It is easier to be a fan when progress is shown.
Same here. And Baseball may have taken the second spot for me. This coming from a guy that used to get physically sick when Basketball lost a game. But I've been Football 1st since at least the late 90's.

My opinion, and not welcome by many.....

but connecting all alums, big money and small, in the Commonwealth or out in the other 49 states, to proper collectives to fund our talent should be the job of the Athletic Director & his department

Shouldn't be the job of fans. Or of the collectives.

but connecting all alums, big money and small, in the Commonwealth or out in the other 49 states, to proper collectives to fund our talent should be the job of the Athletic Director & his department

It’s literally what the collectives are for. Mitch has finally turned the page, hopefully, and I think he will help them open doors instead standing in the way.

Your response is probably not welcomed by many but it is the truth. Not many folks want to hear truth anymore because they get offended. I applaud you sir.

Want an even more unwelcomed perspective? 😜

I see UL and UK fans cheering on NIL collective fundraising and think about this state and all of the problems that need to be addressed, some of which not-for-profits are trying to address and it makes me cringe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT