ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Hart Commits to Kentucky

Welcome aboard! Now make the Hoosier fans that said they really didn’t want you, to eat crow!

Go Cats!
As an IU fan, I don’t know enough about the kid to say if he’s a good get or not for UK, but from what I’ve seen, IU never offered. Don’t know if that’s because they knew he was already headed to UK and didn’t want to waste the resources chasing him or if they are looking for a different type of player to round out the roster.

355081074_6840998032585697_5453584353387421186_n.jpg
Look at those muscles. Somebody has been in the weight room.

This has been posted before and has some good observations with video.

There is a world where Joey Hart has a college career similar to a healthy C.J. Fredrick. Both were three-star prospects ranked outside of the top 150. Hart is an inch or two bigger and a better athlete which should help the transition to high-major college basketball.

As displeased and critical as I have been with Cal, I still have to admit, I am a little anxious to see how well these freshmen perform. They will all be about the same age. And all these 3*-4* players, I believe, will show they have been under rated. However, due to the value of age and experience, with this team having neither, I don't think they do well in the SEC.

Cal has officially lowered the bar, haven’t seen this many people excited about 3 star recruits since the Tubby days.

Glad to have this kid on our team. Now, if Cal will just remember he's on the bench and gives him a chance to play a little. That's my concern. That, and get us some experience (big man Brown would be ideal) to go with all this youth.
If this were normal Kentucky roster situations I would agree, but they need him and have to try and get him back, reeves has all the leverage and he knows it
Nah! Reeves can go where he wants, but has no leverage. im a Reeves supporter but don’t a flock where he goes now. Great to him, go somewhere else if you want.

Reactions: ORCAT
As an IU fan, I don’t know enough about the kid to say if he’s a good get or not for UK, but from what I’ve seen, IU never offered. Don’t know if that’s because they knew he was already headed to UK and didn’t want to waste the resources chasing him or if they are looking for a different type of player to round out the roster.
I’m surprised they didn’t recruit him, or Purdue at least. They make a killing off players like him.

What do you mean he doesn’t have the leverage. He knows Kentucky is desperate and needs him and is holding out for more money and a role
All depends on his classes, if he can’t graduate somehow he will have no leverage really. I just don’t get it with him. He said all the right stuff and now he does this crap. The NIL era sucks bad.

All depends on his classes, if he can’t graduate somehow he will have no leverage really. I just don’t get it with him. He said all the right stuff and now he does this crap. The NIL era sucks bad.
The Michigan guy(he is very good a worst version of pilgrim) but he seems convinced reeves graduates in 2 weeks, which I find nearly impossible and enters the portal

Reactions: Fox2monk
The Michigan guy(he is very good a worst version of pilgrim) but he seems convinced reeves graduates in 2 weeks, which I find nearly impossible and enters the portal
Wouldn’t surprise me honestly the way this has all went, but I don’t even think the semester ends by then. I seen the dates of classes but I don’t remember the exact date. Edit: 8/12/2023 is the end date.

Last edited:
I hope Adou takes the jump we all think he will! I’m still excited about him being a player at least.
Me too, I think many are overlooking him. He made mistakes last year but he showed a great deal of potential. I'm hoping last year and the off season allow him a huge jump this year where he will contribute in a very positive way. Looking forward to seeing what he can do this year.

Reactions: Fox2monk
IU’s headed in the right direction these days. Different needs between the 2 programs.

Can see why they compared him to Herro in a lot of ways. Think Hart is a bit more athletic than Tyler was at same stage but has to prove he can be like Herro at Kentucky and kill elite competition. I love this addition to the program and think he's got a chance to be a fantastic player.
If he goes 2 for 15 in a tourney game this season he’s already doubled Reeves’ contribution.

I’m not a nickname guy but if we dont call this guy the “Blue Blazer” it’s a huge miss

If you know you know

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Me too, I think many are overlooking him. He made mistakes last year but he showed a great deal of potential. I'm hoping last year and the off season allow him a huge jump this year where he will contribute in a very positive way. Looking forward to seeing what he can do this year.
Well, he's the "old man" on the team now. That alone should boost his confidence.

• Haha
Reactions: ORCAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT