ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Hart Commits to Kentucky

I think UK's goal should be to incentivize player retention among the role players. Give kids like Hart a 50% increase in NIL for every year they return to UK.

UK could become known as the program where "everyone eats", and it could finally create some roster continuity.

I hate to be a negative Nancy but getting this dude is just not exciting at all. Attempts to hype him up feels like the BCG days haha. It will be a miracle if this guy sticks around and becomes a good player for us.
I was thinking the same thing. If Clyde signed this guy our fans would be pumped and call him an ace recruiter. Not the case these days. Cal set the bar higher to his credit. But I hate to see him have to resort to a substandard level of player.

I think UK's goal should be to incentivize player retention among the role players. Give kids like Hart a 50% increase in NIL for every year they return to UK.

UK could become known as the program where "everyone eats", and it could finally create some roster continuity.
I’d prefer incentives to the starters. These are the kids we need to retain. I’m tired of losing kids like Livingston to the g league.

sounds like a solid player that can grow while he is here. I just hope Cal gives him a chance

Reactions: dl51344
Pace: “Defense is tougher to tell. Linton played a 1-3-1 zone-trap to the point where it was almost a religion and was physical as a team. His individual defending against SEC caliber players is something we will not know until January.”

Pace: “Defense is tougher to tell. Linton played a 1-3-1 zone-trap to the point where it was almost a religion and was physical as a team. His individual defending against SEC caliber players is something we will not know until January.”

He's athletic enough if he commits to playing defense, he'll be fine. But it's up to him/individual effort. If you can finish like that, you can move your feet and defend--if HE chooses.

Also should help the perimeter guys to have rim protection again. Something missing for far too long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT