ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Lunardi: Kentucky is "not in the same class" as Purdue or UCONN

Bradshaw or Ugo have to be better. If that happens we’ve got something. What I’ve seen in flashes from Ugo especially on the defensive side of the ball has me optimistic.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Per Joe Lunardi - Kentucky is not a 1-seed and is not in the same class as Purdue or UCONN.

Also says we are behind Kansas.

I think Kentucky has a better upside than any of these teams. What say you?
I agree with him. We have a severely unproven team so it’s hard to look at it any other way.

Different analyst get worked up about this every year . It just the opinion of a man that doesn’t control what happens .

We also haven’t proven any of the media wrong the last few years

Some of the responses in this thread sound like teenagers woofing at each other. LOL!
He's baiting BBN people. He's fishing for clicks.
Conference schedules are just starting and he's talking about #1 seeds? Waaay too early for that. By the first weekend in February we should know a lot more about who is lining up for a #1 seed.
Till then, the Cats need to do the work necessary to be considered.

Northwestern is projected in the NCAA tourney at the moment. It’s not the same as the UNCW loss lol. It’s a brutal loss.

Northwestern is projected in the NCAA tourney at the moment. It’s not the same as the UNCW loss lol. It’s a brutal loss.
Uh no they’re not. They’re ranked 66th in KenPom and 80th in the NET. Absolutely not a tournament team at the moment. Plus they were just smoked by 30 by Illinois in their last game.

Per Joe Lunardi - Kentucky is not a 1-seed and is not in the same class as Purdue or UCONN.

We don’t know yet. Let’s see how the next few weeks go

Joe Lunardi is an idiot tho, he never ranks teams correctly. His job revolves around trying to decipher the last 8-12 teams in the country. That’s it. The seeds and regions mean squat just getting the right teams in.

Class above? He's a moron. Sure, we could end up failing this season, but we've got more NBA talent than both of those teams combined.
We always have more NBA picks. Thats who we are. No longer UK but NBA U. Don’t you understand? Draft day is the biggest day for UK and its fans. Cal explained this in June of 2010.

Well Kentucky lost at home to UNCW if you want to be considered in the top tier don't lose home games to teams like UNWC. Also if you want to be taken seriously as a true National contender a good start would be winning at Florida. Let us see what happens tomorrow.

I dont care. I'm saying, based on our talent, potential, and what we've seen from this team early, we arent a tier behind anyone. Now, could we falter, and end up being a bad team? Maybe, but I doubt it. I don't see how you can look at this teams makeup, with arguably the best Freshman in the class, and put us a tier behind a team that has maybe 1 NBA player. I aint buying it.
I agree with you, Lunardi is as near nothing as he can be when it comes to having any insight about individual teams or college basketball in general. There is more knowledge on this board than Lunardi will ever have

Today was a good first step in proving the critics wrong a big time win at Florida.

We will see how the season progresses as we all know it only takes 1 crazy matchup in the NCAA tournament for an entire season to be derailed as both Kentucky and Purdue can attest to in recent years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT