ADVERTISEMENT

JJ Redick in some hot water

But yet Chris Rock out here saying he wants real equality, where just as many white kids are killed as black kids, he wants to see white mothers on tv crying, and no one cares when he says that .. but damn if you're white you better just zip it up cause you're racist AF if you literally say one thing.

Because that joke highlights the disproportionate amount of deaths of young African Americans compared to young Caucasian Americans.

JJ said the word. He ought to Man-up and own it. Clearly it IS in his vocabulary.
Apologize and move on. But first apologize.

I remember during Linsanity, that someone wrote an article with a title containing "Chink in the Armor". I think it was after he lost after a six or seven game winning streak. I think the author was fired.

During that same period, Whitlock said something like “some lucky woman in New York is gonna get 2 inches of pain tonight” about Lin. Also didn’t go over well.

Oh, shut up. White people are ridiculed and have hatred preached toward them every single day through academia, media, social media, entertainment world, etc and it’s never an issue but this? Oh, it’s a meltdown over this idiocy.

People need to stop apologizing and giving in to these lunatics.

^ This type of stuff is super common and celebrated but let’s crucify JJ.

Think Chris Rock’s career will be ruined? No. Because there’s a different standard applied to being racist toward white people.

^ This type of stuff is super common and celebrated but let’s crucify JJ.

Think Chris Rock’s career will be ruined? No. Because there’s a different standard applied to being racist toward white people.

No, it’s because Chris Rock is a comedian telling a joke.

YouTube Anthony Jeselnik and watch his act - he’s doing just fine too, despite the fact that he loads up on jokes about rape, Jews, blacks, killing babies, 9/11, etc. He’s also very white.

Last edited:
So a blind eye should be used on racial slurs because you disagree with their government? Gotcha.

I guess Asian Americans shouldn't worry about it.
Oh God, no one said that. Be a little more dramatic. Of course a blind eye shouldn’t be turned. No NBA player in the public eye is going to use a racial slur in a video sending well wishes to another country. Obviously the NBA didn’t think that or they would have edited it & hid it. They don’t want the bad press with the way Silver is promoting the league in other countries. China’s government does suck. Nothing like sending best wishes to people who force abortions, have slave labor, deny freedom of religion, & still openly continue public discrimination against ethnic minorities today. Don’t fall off your horse. It’s a long way to the bottom.

so you think it's ok to say this? I mean is this really something you wanna tie your name to as being ok?

Yes, it's perfectly okay for him to say this. Because we understand he is speaking hyperbolically to draw attention to his point.

What don't you understand?

Oh God, no one said that. Be a little more dramatic. Of course a blind eye shouldn’t be turned. No NBA player in the public eye is going to use a racial slur in a video sending well wishes to another country. Obviously the NBA didn’t think that or they would have edited it & hid it. They don’t want the bad press with the way Silver is promoting the league in other countries. China’s government does suck. Nothing like sending best wishes to people who force abortions, have slave labor, deny freedom of religion, & still openly continue public discrimination against ethnic minorities today. Don’t fall off your horse. It’s a long way to the bottom.

Really? A NBA used a racial slur in a video. That happened. Whether by accident or slip of the tongue, it happened. And needs to be handled.

You say China's government sucks. Some people would say our government sucks. Both opinions are both completely irrelevant to what J.J. Redick said.

Really? A NBA used a racial slur in a video. That happened. Whether by accident or slip of the tongue, it happened. And needs to be handled.

You say China's government sucks. Some people would say our government sucks. Both opinions are both completely irrelevant to what J.J. Redick said.
That’s the thing. He addressed it both with traditional media and social media. I read his response on twitter and in interviews before I ever commented here. He did what he should and that’s all he can do. He don’t have to fall to his knees and beg forgiveness.

It’s also absolutely relavent that their country is horrible. If I offend average Joe accidentally, I’m sure gonna be more heartfelt with an apology than if I offend a White Supremecist accidentally. China just ran a skit on public television using blackface for a New Years special. Excuse me for not being up arms at someone who didn’t beg for forgiveness on hands and knees for an accident. China sucks. Communism in general sucks.

That’s the thing. He addressed it both with traditional media and social media. I read his response on twitter and in interviews before I ever commented here. He did what he should and that’s all he can do. He don’t have to fall to his knees and beg forgiveness.

It’s also absolutely relavent that their country is horrible. If I offend average Joe accidentally, I’m sure gonna be more heartfelt with an apology than if I offend a White Supremecist accidentally. China just ran a skit on public television using blackface for a New Years special. Excuse me for not being up arms at someone who didn’t beg for forgiveness on hands and knees for an accident. China sucks. Communism in general sucks.

He said he was tongue tied and got upset that people would think he said the word that he actually said. Lmao... that's not an apology.

No it's not relevant. People with Asian heritage who would be offended are "average Joe's" even though they're not white or named Joe. Weird right?

If you offend somebody, you're not in position to dictate if they should be offended or how offended they should be.

Oh wait there was a Chinese blackface skit? Oh no. That would be the same as waiting until Halloween and finding a white sorority girl in blackface at a Halloween party and then it being open season to speak derogatorily of all white sorority girls.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
He said he was tongue tied and got upset that people would think he said the word that he actually said. Lmao... that's not an apology.

No it's not relevant. People with Asian heritage who would be offended are "average Joe's" even though they're not white or named Joe. Weird right?

If you offend somebody, you're not in position to dictate if they should be offended or how offended they should be.

Oh wait there was a Chinese blackface skit? Oh no. That would be the same as waiting until Halloween and finding a white sorority girl in blackface at a Halloween party and then it being open season to speak derogatorily of all white sorority girls.

Yeah. It’s a litt more than sorry I got tongue tied, but I know that doesn’t fit your agenda. And no it’s not the same a sorority doing a skit. Their tv is state sponsored media and controlled. The government did the skit. If a sorority sanctioned a skit like that I would feel the same way about the entire sorority. Good God you’re a waste of time. Cheers.

Yeah. It’s a litt more than sorry I got tongue tied, but I know that doesn’t fit your agenda. And no it’s not the same a sorority doing a skit. Their tv is state sponsored media and controlled. The government did the skit. If a sorority sanctioned a skit like that I would feel the same way about the entire sorority. Good God you’re a waste of time. Cheers.

I was referring to his initial apology obviously. I am not keeping up with his multiple apologies. And the first wasn't sufficient, hence the follow-up apology.

Again, what you're missing, because maybe you're just not smart or you're willfully pretending to be unintelligent. There is no correlation between a country's government and offending people who are culturally linked to that country.

Example: The opinion of many in this country and around the world is that our government is trash right now. All Americans aren't trash.

No, it’s because Chris Rock is a comedian telling a joke.

YouTube Anthony Jeselnik and watch his act - he’s doing just fine too, despite the fact that he loads up on jokes about rape, Jews, blacks, killing babies, 9/11, etc. He’s also very white.
I'm gonna make up a woman's name and "#me too" Chris Rock. That's the trump card, hypocritical angry black man hahahah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT