ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Tipton Doing Tipton Thing’s.......Again

Jun 13, 2016
Today was media day at UK and of course someone asked Cal about his opinion on the FBI investigation involving UL . Cal answered politely saying he just wanted to talk about “his” team and asked does anybody have any questions about my team. Tipton asked about the FBI looking at Nike’s involvement and Kentucky being a Nike school. Cal again said I just want to talk about my team to which Tipton interrupted saying “This is media day, not coaches day and I am entitled to ask this question” in an extremely rude manner. Whether or not he had a right to ask that question he didn’t have to be such a grandstanding ahole about it. If UK were involved in any way this jackwagon would Pitino down his leg. No wonder nobody likes the guy.

What's wrong Jerry? Is it starting to upset you that after years of digging, insinuating etc you actually did UK a service? If we were guilty you'd already know it.

That question is fake news. For those of you who don't get what fake news is yet, there is a small example.

Headline - "Calipari asked about Kentucky's connection with FBI scandal and Nike"

That is fake news. Just like CNN running headlines about how easy and quick gun purchases are in Nevada after the shooting.

Fake. News.

It doesn't have to be a lie, it just has to have the context implied to mislead uninformed people.

BdeKDbM_700wa_0.gif

Cal's response was less than ideal, but you can tell it's because he was irritated with Tipton and not because of the question. He was trying to be as vague as possible to not give him the satisfaction while trying not to lose his cool.

Tipton got what he wanted and all the attention that will come with it.

What's wrong Jerry? Is it starting to upset you that after years of digging, insinuating etc you actually did UK a service? If we were guilty you'd already know it.

That question is fake news. For those of you who don't get what fake news is yet, there is a small example.

Headline - "Calipari asked about Kentucky's connection with FBI scandal and Nike"

That is fake news. Just like CNN running headlines about how easy and quick gun purchases are in Nevada after the shooting.

Fake. News.

It doesn't have to be a lie, it just has to have the context implied to mislead uninformed people.
I'm glad we have a Tipton to dig and keep our staff in check. But on the same token, don't interrupt the person you want answers from. If you want something from someone, regardless of what it is, being rude to them is a sure fire way not to get it.

Reactions: morgousky

Fake. News.

It doesn't have to be a lie, it just has to have the context implied to mislead uninformed sheeple.
FIFY

Reactions: morgousky
It would have made me feel better if Cal had just said, "We have never cheated and have nothing to fear or hide". Not saying he has cheated: it is just what I wanna hear him say.

It would have made me feel better if Cal had just said, "We have never cheated and have nothing to fear or hide". Not saying he has cheated: it is just what I wanna hear him say.

When the FBI is investigating, you don't say anything at all, even if you're clean. All the bravado in the world isn't worth misspeaking on camera.

As much as Tipton irritates us fans, he is doing the job the media is supposed to do.

Exhibit A is in Louisville, the local media cozied up to Louisville athletics and quit holding them accountable.

Calipari knows Tipton will report anything that doesn’t smell right in the basketball program.

I have always thought Tipton has Little Man Syndrome, never quite measuring up to his own dreams of grandeur ... or maybe he's just a douche?

Reactions: Bluest Member
As much as Tipton irritates us fans, he is doing the job the media is supposed to do.

Exhibit A is in Louisville, the local media cozied up to Louisville athletics and quit holding them accountable.

Calipari knows Tipton will report anything that doesn’t smell right in the basketball program.

That's true, but he can do all that without acting like a jerk with a grudge. The guy has issues.

That's true, but he can do all that without acting like a jerk with a grudge. The guy has issues.

I would much rather him be a jerk, and prevent an issue than wait till after an infraction then start being a jerk as the Louisville media is doing.

pitino said he didn't cheat. Soooooo...
True, but it is two completely different situations. It was to the point that it didn't matter any more whether Pitino knew or didn't know with his third dumpster fire burning all around him. Doubtful he was telling the truth, but it doesn't matter. It matters with Cal at this point.

I agree to a point, except when the context is implied by the reporter, and this is how fake news is born. Tipton connected UK, Nike, and FBI in his wording. It is meant to be a statement, a headline, not a question seeking an informative response.
And ESPN is running with it now. lol, clockwork.

The media is becoming a problem that needs taken care of. They are the lowest of the low in society.

I agree to a point, except when the context is implied by the reporter, and this is how fake news is born. Tipton connected UK, Nike, and FBI in his wording. It is meant to be a statement, a headline, not a question seeking an informative response.
And ESPN is running with it now. lol, clockwork.

The media is becoming a problem that needs taken care of. They are the lowest of the low in society.
Out of control, they are.

Today was media day at UK and of course someone asked Cal about his opinion on the FBI investigation involving UL . Cal answered politely saying he just wanted to talk about “his” team and asked does anybody have any questions about my team. Tipton asked about the FBI looking at Nike’s involvement and Kentucky being a Nike school. Cal again said I just want to talk about my team to which Tipton interrupted saying “This is media day, not coaches day and I am entitled to ask this question” in an extremely rude manner. Whether or not he had a right to ask that question he didn’t have to be such a grandstanding ahole about it. If UK were involved in any way this jackwagon would Pitino down his leg. No wonder nobody likes the guy.
Didn't see it, how did coach respond?

You can do the job that media is supposed to do without being a dick

This is gonna be on Around the Horn and one of the panelists will say that Jerry Tipton is a respected sports journalist.

What did Cal say after Tipton had his smartass retort?

Here is what the media was supposed to be.

Media question - "Cal, There has been a lot of things going on in college basketball concerning the NCAA, as well as criminal and federal implications. I believe a program in your own state (Louisville) has been implicated by name and has essentially removed their coach (Pitino) because of it, and subsequent scandals building up till now. Has Kentucky been connected or contacted by the NCAA or FBI in any way that you know of, and if not, do you expect to?

You want to spice it up while also keeping some journalistic integrity? Ask him what he thinks Kentucky has done differently than others amid the controversy. Try to get Cal to answer questions that could later implicate him. There's nothing wrong with that.

Tipton used Nike to imply that UK is in bed with shoe companies and since this involved shoe companies then Kentucky has been playing the game. Guilt by association. He then becomes disrespectful knowing full well this is an FBI investigation and Calipari cannot just comment on things of this magnitude for his own well being. If I were an NCAA coach, cheating or not, I wouldn't be talking about it at all. It's the EFF BEE EEYE....

Headline - "Calipari refuses to answer questions about FBI involvement into his program, and the exchange turned intense."

corrupt.......media.........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT