ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Sheppard interview

I did something different yesterday when I met Reed with little morg. Everyone else was telling him to come back come back come back. When me and my son left him from the picture I just said “okay Reed see ya next year” and I might be crazy but he was so confused. Just sort of stuttered a little and looked at us. It was very noticeable. I’m just sayin… he had a look to him that I can’t describe. Like he wondered how I know that.

I think it’s possible Pope being hired has a lot to do with Reed Sheppard. These people are not just about money. If you know anything about them you know that.

I did something different yesterday when I met Reed with little morg. Everyone else was telling him to come back come back come back. When me and my son left him from the picture I just said “okay Reed see ya next year” and I might be crazy but he was so confused. Just sort of stuttered a little and looked at us. It was very noticeable. I’m just sayin… he had a look to him that I can’t describe. Like he wondered how I know that.

I think it’s possible Pope being hired has a lot to do with Reed Sheppard. These people are not just about money. If you know anything about them you know that.

Sup man

Reactions: Fox2monk
The custom suit IG reel was such a move ... most would assume getting his NBA Draft suit (a little early for that, though), or, it's just a standard NIL deal locally. But posting it was definitely thought through .... they aren't that dumb in terms of tipping off that he's definitely leaving in that manner.

Chroix my guy what’s up.

You hear the news about Pope?

Yep. Took me a minute but I’m on board. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Barney’s going down it sounds like. The timing of all of it has been a total shitshow. You called it all earlier than just about anybody. Glad to see you’re back. You finish up and move and all that?

The custom suit IG reel was such a move ... most would assume getting his NBA Draft suit (a little early for that, though), or, it's just a standard NIL deal locally. But posting it was definitely thought through .... they aren't that dumb in terms of tipping off that he's definitely leaving in that manner.
It was just an NIL deal.

At the press conference on Sunday, Reed will announce he’s going to thank the fans for the year he’s had at Kentucky and that he’s going to enter the NBA Draft, long pause, “after I graduate from Kentucky”

Let me dream, okay. I’m a lunatic, that’s why I’m a UK fan.

All this with Pope happened less than 24 hours ago. If he’s getting fitted today it means he had that appointment set up well before today, probably before he even knew Cal was leaving. I don’t read a ton into it. I honestly think playing for Pope is still in the cards. Playing for Cal, Drew, Hurley, Oates, etc., maybe not so much.

Reactions: cathouse
I've always thought he was coming back and im sticking to my guns....this hire only helps those chances I believe. He cometh

Reactions: Aike

Wat up, fool? Some folks around these parts saying you warned us, lol.

me and my wife have really thought about yesterday. When I said that as I was walking away from Reed, he was genuinely confused. It’s the 3rd time I’ve spoke with Reed, and he’s the same way this time as he was the first, which is to say I didn’t think much about it yesterday. We did notice he was taken aback by it, I even commented to her that Reed is a kid you have to remember. He’s got a shyness I did not relate it to what I said. . Now that I look back at it, it’s almost like he was wondering how I knew.

As I walked off saying “Reed we’ll see ya next year” I did it as a joke like it was certain and everyone knew. And he stuttered and stared toward us as we left.

We keep thinking he was wondering who I was or how I knew that. 100% honesty here. Confirmation bias?

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Yall me and my wife have really thought about yesterday. When I said that as I was walking away from Reed, he was genuinely confused. It’s the 3rd time I’ve spoke with Reed, and he’s the same way this time as he was the first, which is to say I didn’t think much about it yesterday. We did notice he was taken aback by it, I even commented to her that Reed is a kid you have to remember. He’s got a shyness I did not relate it to what I said. . Now that I look back at it, it’s almost like he was wondering how I knew.

As I walked off saying “Reed we’ll see ya next year” I did it as a joke like it was certain and everyone knew. And he stuttered and stared toward us as we left.

We keep thinking he was wondering who I was or how I knew that. 100% honesty here.
Don’t hurt your arm by reaching too hard.

Yep. Took me a minute but I’m on board. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Barney’s going down it sounds like. The timing of all of it has been a total shitshow. You called it all earlier than just about anybody. Glad to see you’re back. You finish up and move and all that?

In the middle of it it’s terrible. Yea Barney just stayed too long man. I can’t say I’m not ready to move on but not sure if it needs to be THIS way.

Pope is going to be fine. The job will elevate him and he just needs that 1 Mashburn type guy to lock into him and it’ll take care of itself from there. And in the era of NIL? That’s going to be easy.

Reactions: chroix and Fox2monk
I didn't think so before, but I think the money is there for Reed to make more in NIL next year than he would in the NBA. Or at least roughly the same.

Reactions: DaytonKat and Aike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT