ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Sheppard interview

Zissou87

Junior
Sep 6, 2019
LaGrange, Kentucky
I know some fans hate Rex, but him and Josh Hopkins had a really good interview with Jeff Sheppard last week. A lot of interesting stories from his time at UK as well as some stuff about his son's recruitment.

Sidenote: there's nothing political said in the interview, so the Rex haters can enjoy it also.

Last edited:
I know some fans hate him, but Rex and Josh Hopkins had a really good interview with Jeff Sheppard last week. A lot of interesting stories from his time at UK as well as some stuff about his son's recruitment.

Sidenote: there's nothing political said in the interview, so the Rex haters can enjoy it also.
Agreed. Good episode and worth the listen.

I know some fans hate him, but Rex and Josh Hopkins had a really good interview with Jeff Sheppard last week. A lot of interesting stories from his time at UK as well as some stuff about his son's recruitment.

Just curious, which fans hate Shep and why?

Crum was in his prime when Rex was growing up. You can't blame a kid for admiring Dunkenstein and those guys at that age. You're bitter because Rex was a UL fan at one time?...wow
I don't care for Rex..If you love him more power to ya.....I'd bet Rex is still a UL fan....His political bullcrap is what i can't stand about him

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
I grew up idolizing him as a kid. Can't say I care for Rex anymore. It's just one thing after another with him. The theft, drugs, spreading rumors the day of the championship game, racism accusations from while he was here that he just had to bring up during all of the unrest, and his constant moronic tweets he puts out are just to much to support him anymore. I'm disgusted that UK would still have anything to do with him after everything he does.

I don't get why some fans hate Rex. There is very little in life that should make you hate someone. Political differences shouldn't be one of them unless it is something really bad like preaching hate itself....jmho.
Aplenty in life to make you hate someone.. Even some to the point of wishing death.. That's more towards my family.. Basically half of them,, lol..

Reactions: Zissou87
You may be correct...

That is still a bit silly...it was 7 years ago and iirc it was in the throws of an addiction.

No man should be judged on their worst day and on top of that he was probably high as a kite...addiction can make a person say stupid stuff.
Then we have a lot of addicts that post in this board. It runs rapid of stupid shit.

Man a bunch of you guys are petty toward Rex. Sure he has some issues but I bet there are few on here that haven't had some embarrassing times in their life. He's conquered his demons and issues and seems to have his head on straight now. I say once a Wildcat always a Wildcat.

I don't care for Rex..If you love him more power to ya.....I'd bet Rex is still a UL fan....His political bullcrap is what i can't stand about him
While I am not a fan of his political view, I have met/sat next to him at about 20 away UK games. SEC tourneys etc. He has always been a gentleman and a nice guy up close and personally. And he is not a UL fan, I can promise ya.

I don't get why some fans hate Rex. There is very little in life that should make you hate someone. Political differences shouldn't be one of them unless it is something really bad like preaching hate itself....jmho.

I don't hate him, but he's a moron. Has nothing to do with his politics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT