ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Brown to Kentucky.....

So far that twitter account hasn't posted any new info

And still no word on a potential Murray visit that it was believed the UK staff was wanting to arrange for this weekend. Doesn't seem like it's going to happen now if it hasn't been finalized at this point, which is strange to me because both sides seemed like they were VERY interested/intrigued a week ago.

Makes me wonder if we were only wanting to add one more and got good news in regards to Brown, or (given the way things seem to be trending for us) Murray is hesitating about reclassifying (Daniels said it was 50-50 at best, I was truthfully expecting it would be better on that front after Cal and Payne's visit) or isn't as strongly considering UK as we had hoped.

Either way, after everything that has went wrong this month it's not a good feeling having to pin our remaining hopes for this class and next season on an ADIDAS kid and one that will need to reclassify. This loony recruiting class can't be over and done with soon enough.

Reactions: bigc45157
Matt Jones predicts Michigan, but says UK is right there neck and neck. Says he could announce as early as tomorrow.

Matt Jones said UK was neck and neck for Diallo, Newman, Zimmerman, and Ingram.

Frankly, I'm sick of what Matt Jones says. He's added to the fatigue of this whole thing. He has basically said the equivalent of a lottery spokesman telling you "well, you didn't win the million dollars, but at least you had two out of the twelve numbers correct or your pick."

I'm not familiar with michigans roster but the premise of jerry's article seems to be a bit of a stretch. I admit he knows more than I do, but I don't equate a combo guard with a wing. Either way, Matt jones suggested jaylen may announce tomorrow. Not sure how he knows that but he also thinks he's going to Michigan so I don't know. Brown to UK sure seems to make the most sense. Of course the contrarian in me asks why offer Kirk if we had brown? Or did brown come aboard that recently and quickly? Sure hope he comes to UK though

Amazing how quickly momentum/vibes can shift. For what it's worth two people just flipped their picks to Michigan on the crystal ball. Though one of them was Matt Scott from The Shiver, (Who still had him going to Kansas earlier today. lol.) so take it with a grain of salt.

I wouldn't be concerned about Michigan if wasn't for the whole Adidas thing.

If he picks Michigan, it's obviously the shoes.

Reactions: Brando Mac
So UK could not get the 3 star guy from NC ST...and now won't get Brown probably...and then if Murray does not reclassify? Eh...oh well.

Brown to play the 4 at Michigan then?

Michigan returns a stacked wing collection:

6'6" G/F Aubrey Dawkins (7ppg as a frosh)
6'7" G/F Kameron Chatman (4ppg as a frosh)
6'7" G/F Zak Irvin at 14ppg
6'6" G/F Caris Lavert at 14 ppg

Plus Albrecht and Walton as the rotation point guards.

If Brown comes, he plays the 4 spot next year for Michigan with Dawkins, Irvin, Lavert, and Chatman rotating the wing positions. In JB's system, it would work, but Brown's going to have to soften to the thought of guarding the opposing four every night.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
So UK could not get the 3 star guy from NC ST...and now won't get Brown probably...and then if Murray does not reclassify? Eh...oh well.

The 3 star kid was ours if we really wanted him. Kinda glad he kept his commitment regardless of what happens with Brown. A three-star kid WAS NOT worth enduring the potential wrath of Pack Pride over.

Brown to play the 4 at Michigan then?

Michigan returns a stacked wing collection:

6'6" G/F Aubrey Dawkins (7ppg as a frosh)
6'7" G/F Kameron Chatman (4ppg as a frosh)
6'7" G/F Zak Irvin at 14ppg
6'6" G/F Caris Lavert at 14 ppg

Plus Albrecht and Walton as the rotation point guards.

If Brown comes, he plays the 4 spot next year for Michigan with Dawkins, Irvin, Lavert, and Chatman rotating the wing positions.
You seem to be the only one making sense. Doesn't make sense to go into that traffic jam when you are in the left lane of the most open highway ahead of you.

Total conspiracy theory, but why only cut one school? If he is coming to UK maybe Cal told him to go ahead and cut Kansas just as a FU to hairpiece

"Oh well" indeed. It would mark a culminating point in what would be a colossal recruiting failure if Murray doesn't reclassify, and I feel the one factor holding UK fans at bay right now - systematic spring recruiting - would no longer push back the subsequent spilling from the abyss of every vile, psychotic element of our fan base.

That said, I want to thank Matt Jones and his crew for pushing the "we have a chance at Brown" nonsense, getting BBN's hopes up in what had otherwise become a realistic approach to his recruitment.

We knew we didn't have a chance at this kid a week ago. Jones needed some web hits and radio listeners, and all the other major recruiting options were off the table. His crew took the smallest bit of daylight and ran with it. BBN followed like lambs to the slaughter.

I typically love KSR, but I felt they played this entire recruiting period like the "Wizard" played the people of Oz. Pull back the curtain, and there's nothing substantial there.

Reactions: hawkin
Got to keep UK in the running....got to keep the media interest. If it is down to Cal & UM nobody cares. Adidas needs a big shoe win...keeping UK in to the end is a must.

Reactions: ukfan041
Got to keep UK in the running....got to keep the media interest. If it is down to Cal & UM nobody cares. Adidas needs a big shoe win...keeping UK in to the end is a must.

I don't understand this thinking one bit. Do you see anything on ESPN about this kid? No. Will it be breaking news, or covered on PTI or ATH when he commits? No. It's over a year before he would declare for the NBA, so what good does a few more days of buzz in the recruiting world, which is followed by a very few people, do for him in the long run? If it's such a done deal for UM, just go ahead and commit already. I would never last a week as a HC dealing with these kids.

"Oh well" indeed. It would mark a culminating point in what would be a colossal recruiting failure if Murray doesn't reclassify, and I feel the one factor holding UK fans at bay right now - systematic spring recruiting - would no longer push back the subsequent spilling from the abyss of every vile, psychotic element of our fan base.

That said, I want to thank Matt Jones and his crew for pushing the "we have a chance at Brown" nonsense, getting BBN's hopes up in what had otherwise become a realistic approach to his recruitment.

We knew we didn't have a chance at this kid a week ago. Jones needed some web hits and radio listeners, and all the other major recruiting options were off the table. His crew took the smallest bit of daylight and ran with it. BBN followed like lambs to the slaughter.

I typically love KSR, but I felt they played this entire recruiting period like the "Wizard" played the people of Oz. Pull back the curtain, and there's nothing substantial there.
It isn't just ksr saying we have a chance. Multiple sources have said it's down to UK and Michigan.

I don't understand this thinking one bit. Do you see anything on ESPN about this kid? No. Will it be breaking news, or covered on PTI or ATH when he commits? No. It's over a year before he would declare for the NBA, so what good does a few more days of buzz in the recruiting world, which is followed by a very few people, do for him in the long run? If it's such a done deal for UM, just go ahead and commit already. I would never last a week as a HC dealing with these kids.

LOL there is zero chance this is the case. Brown almost committed last summer . He really likes UK hence while other names have come and gone UK is always there . WE might get him ,we might not but this poster is pulling garbage out of his azz.

Until we, you know, need to sub for foul trouble or have an injury.

not sure what you are talking about as we have 9 guys that can ball. Briscoe ,Ulis , Skal ,Lee , Poy are big big time and Mulder , Matthews , Hawkins , Willis are very good to very decent . Now i do think we need to add 1 more to be the Amazing but we got depth just not crazy depth like this year. Now an injury in the post could be huge but with the streak we have had i can't see it happening AGAIN . If it does someone put a hex on us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT