ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Brown to Kentucky.....

Until we, you know, need to sub for foul trouble or have an injury.
Well, I know we seem to have an injury a lot lately but we can't assume that our guys are going to get hurt. And you're right the refs are already foaming at the mouth to get a chance to foul out Skal in the first 3 minutes, but we can win it with the guys we have already. I'll enjoy the ride

I'm telling you guys...stop getting so invested in top recruits affiliated with Adidas.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

If we don't get him, remember that Murray is the guy that can play the 3 and score in bunches. And at this point we don't have a lot of offensive firepower. With Murray we would get hat biggest need.

Brown would make us stronger on the boards, give us another excellent defender and cushion the thin frontline. Both of them gives us our two biggest needs.

I'm telling you guys...stop getting so invested in top recruits affiliated with Adidas.

Not. Going. To. Happen.
Yeah, suspect that's right. I'd written Brown off long ago - this recent flurry of hope seemed to come out of nowhere - so losing him won't bother me too much. For a while now I figured our only real chance at another top flight kid would be if Murray reclasses....

Yeah, suspect that's right. I'd written Brown off long ago - this recent flurry of hope seemed to come out of nowhere - so losing him won't bother me too much. For a while now I figured our only real chance at another top flight kid would be if Murray reclasses....

The "flurry" mostly came from a certain Kentucky-based radio show that played off providing a ray of hope for fans desperate for good news.

Matt Jones said UK was neck and neck for Diallo, Newman, Zimmerman, and Ingram.

Frankly, I'm sick of what Matt Jones says. He's added to the fatigue of this whole thing. He has basically said the equivalent of a lottery spokesman telling you "well, you didn't win the million dollars, but at least you had two out of the twelve numbers correct or your pick."
Neck and neck ≠ player is picking UK

Same here. I think it could drag on for some time, but I think we have a good chance with Murray.

Definitely staying optimistic about that recruitment.

It's awfUL when you just know deep down where all the signs are pointing with a recruit but you just don't want to believe it. I did it with Newman, Ingram, Diallo....& now Brown. All signs say it's Michigan

It's awfUL when you just know deep down where all the signs are pointing with a recruit but you just don't want to believe it. I did it with Newman, Ingram, Diallo....& now Brown. All signs say it's Michigan

Huh ? not that i see . If anything the last week as been the opposite of that . All signs DID point that way but everything the last 3-4 days has been positive to UK or at worst neutral but most on here are so in a funk and thinking like debbie downers it seems that way. Its funny i almost want Brown more so all these dudes that think Shoes play a big part in recruiting will shut the hell up and less because the only weakness we have next year is at the SF . Also i would love for him to commit so all the horrible negativity on here would just die . WE sound like spoiled insane morons . We have the 2nd best class and have a team with 5-6 NBA players ( more then anyone else except maybe UNC) yet the sky is falling . UK is the team of the last 5 years . Duke had a great year but they have been meh since Cal got to UK . 4 final 4's in 5 years and 1 title nuff said . And it aint slowing down . But you would never know on this board. i know the nutties on here are the minority just vocal but boy does it get old . Now i remember why during the later Tubby years i was scarce as if we are this bad when we are on top of the mountain i shutter to remember what it will be like when Cal leaves and we fall back to the pack for a moment .

Most cancers were cured long ago.

We'll never see the reality of that truth, however. Too many rea$on$ to keep it hushed.

Really? Come on bro! Why post that on this board? Take that crap to a board on politics or conspiracies.. What does that post have to do with anything UK? My niece was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 16 and thats the last thing i want to get into it about on this board. There are places for such comments or debates but this isn't one of those places because if it was, I would mop the floor with that statement.

Last edited:
Huh ? not that i see . If anything the last week as been the opposite of that . All signs DID point that way but everything the last 3-4 days has been positive to UK or at worst neutral but most on here are so in a funk and thinking like debbie downers it seems that way. Its funny i almost want Brown more so all these dudes that think Shoes play a big part in recruiting will shut the hell up and less because the only weakness we have next year is at the SF . Also i would love for him to commit so all the horrible negativity on here would just die . WE sound like spoiled insane morons . We have the 2nd best class and have a team with 5-6 NBA players ( more then anyone else except maybe UNC) yet the sky is falling . UK is the team of the last 5 years . Duke had a great year but they have been meh since Cal got to UK . 4 final 4's in 5 years and 1 title nuff said . And it aint slowing down . But you would never know on this board. i know the nutties on here are the minority just vocal but boy does it get old . Now i remember why during the later Tubby years i was scarce as if we are this bad when we are on top of the mountain i shutter to remember what it will be like when Cal leaves and we fall back to the pack for a moment .

Duke has been MEH since Cal has been here? Really? I wouldn't call 2 championships in 5 years Meh. As much as it pains me to say about Duke, they actually have 2 championships since Cal has been here and they honestly don't look like they're going anywhere anytime soon as they are sitting pretty with 2016 class as well. Although alot of factors go into that such as player location, they have obviously changed their recruiting strategies and philosophies and are doing well thus far. Like I said, I hate to admit that but Im just being realistic.
And its a little misleading when you say we have 5-6 NBA players on our team because that's just not the case. We have probably 5-6 guys who will EVENTUALLY play in the NBA but not all, if any and possibly 1 or 2, would I call NBA skill ready players at the moment. They will at various points in the future depending on each player's progression but to just list them now as NBA skill players is a bit misleading because they're not at that level of skill yet.
I agree with your comments about all the negativity around here and would love a Brown commitment to make everyone smile. I also agree that we need an elite wing like Jaylen and he could bring us from really good to great with his commitment. Although Mulder has definitely helped with the need for scorers, I would still like to add another 2 guard who can score, especially if we don't get Brown, or a big body down low Hopefully the recent buzz around Brown is indeed true and he becomes a Cat very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: jojozbludevilz
LOL at SF being our only weakness; we have a glaring hole at the 2 spot friend. Briscoe will be playing it but make no mistake he is a PG. In addition, we are in desperate need of another big man or foul trouble will be very worrisome for me personally. If Willis were to make great strides we would be fine, but I am not counting on that.

Reactions: brianpoe
LOL at SF being our only weakness; we have a glaring hole at the 2 spot friend. Briscoe will be playing it but make no mistake he is a PG. In addition, we are in desperate need of another big man or foul trouble will be very worrisome for me personally. If Willis were to make great strides we would be fine, but I am not counting on that.

Mulder certainly helped with the need at the 2 spot. I'm still really hoping we get Murray above all else for me. I just think he can be special and with him and Brown, we become one of the title faves for next year. Jmo though.

willis backing up skal? lol i'd be worried too. only it would be lee who will play 4/5 if we get no one else. willis is a three.

Duke has been MEH since Cal has been here? Really? I wouldn't call 2 championships in 5 years Meh. As much as it pains me to say about Duke, they actually have 2 championships since Cal has been here and they honestly don't look like they're going anywhere anytime soon as they are sitting pretty with 2016 class as well. Although alot of factors go into that such as player location, they have obviously changed their recruiting strategies and philosophies and are doing well thus far. Like I said, I hate to admit that but Im just being realistic.
And its a little misleading when you say we have 5-6 NBA players on our team because that's just not the case. We have probably 5-6 guys who will EVENTUALLY play in the NBA but not all, if any and possibly 1 or 2, would I call NBA skill ready players at the moment. They will at various points in the future depending on each player's progression but to just list them now as NBA skill players is a bit misleading because they're not at that level of skill yet.
I agree with your comments about all the negativity around here and would love a Brown commitment to make everyone smile. I also agree that we need an elite wing like Jaylen and he could bring us from really good to great with his commitment. Although Mulder has definitely helped with the need for scorers, I would still like to add another 2 guard who can score, especially if we don't get Brown, or a big body down low Hopefully the recent buzz around Brown is indeed true and he becomes a Cat very soon.

For a program like Duke, yes, I would consider two losses in the first round of the NCAA tourney to 15 seeds and not making it past the Sweet 16 half the time pretty meh. Can you imagine how much we would of been trashed for those results? Let alone the one bad season we have had under Cal. Now obviously winning a title goes along way towards nullifying all of that, as you don't see anyone really bringing up that little tidbit anymore. But just a few months ago, when Duke had just been blown out two games in a row by ACC basement dwellers, I'm willing to wager that the majority of this board would of agreed that Coach K's tenure post-2010 had been pretty "meh" given the roster full of All American's Duke always has.

I would trade 4 Final Fours and a title for 2 titles and a couple of first round losses. It's all about the championships. Nobody remembers or cares about the runner-up.

But that doesn't mean what we've accomplished isn't extraordinary.

I would trade 4 Final Fours and a title for 2 titles and a couple of first round losses. It's all about the championships. Nobody remembers or cares about the runner-up.

But that doesn't mean what we've accomplished isn't extraordinary.

There is only one reason to trade for Duke's accomplishments, and that is because the "bragging rights" brings you more joy than actually watching your team play and win. I am sad every time UK loses in the tournament, partially because they didn't win the tournament, but mostly because it sets in that I will never see that team play together again. The last few years, it has hurt a lot less because I have gotten to see UK play on the final weekend of college basketball 4 out of 5 years, and twice on the final night. Had we not won a title in 2012, then I would be more willing to do some trading, but I wouldn't trade a title for having to give up essentially 4 weeks of watching the team actually play games at the highest level. Not only that, but if UK would have been given Duke's road the last 6 years, then UK might very well have more than 2 titles in that span.

There is only one reason to trade for Duke's accomplishments, and that is because the "bragging rights" brings you more joy than actually watching your team play and win. I am sad every time UK loses in the tournament, partially because they didn't win the tournament, but mostly because it sets in that I will never see that team play together again. The last few years, it has hurt a lot less because I have gotten to see UK play on the final weekend of college basketball 4 out of 5 years, and twice on the final night. Had we not won a title in 2012, then I would be more willing to do some trading, but I wouldn't trade a title for having to give up essentially 4 weeks of watching the team actually play games at the highest level. Not only that, but if UK would have been given Duke's road the last 6 years, then UK might very well have more than 2 titles in that span.
I'm not going to say Duke didn't have favorable regions both years they won their titles, but in both of those years they beat the team we couldn't to win those titles. Sounds salty when UK fans bitch about Dukes easy road. They smoked W Virginia and beat a very good Wisc team we couldn't get by. If we had just done our part, we get the Duke/UK matchups everyone wanted...

Reactions: ukfan041
Williams canceling his Michigan visit is not a good sign for UK.

This is the exact same situation as Kirk and UK, except Kirk is actually a small forward.. Williams would be 100% unaffected by Brown's decision.

This is the exact same situation as Kirk and UK, except Kirk is actually a small forward.. Williams would be 100% unaffected by Brown's decision.

Um, what? Michigan only has one scholarship left. If Brown comes to Michigan, there is no scholarship to offer Williams on his visit May 18th. How is that being 100% unaffected by Brown's decision?

Um, what? Michigan only has one scholarship left. If Brown comes to Michigan, there is no scholarship to offer Williams on his visit May 18th. How is that being 100% unaffected by Brown's decision?

Williams dropped Michigan because he is going to commit to Virginia....per UNC source

Williams dropped Michigan because he is going to commit to Virginia....per UNC source

Per UVA insder, Williams dropped Michigan because Jaylen Brown silently committed to Michigan. It's all conjecture at this point.

edit: Regardless, it's stupid to say that "a Brown decision would have no effect on Wiliams because Williams plays SG" when there is only 1 scholarship available.

Oh lord....now we're going back to silent verbals! Hope he doesn't pull a Darius Rice on us.....lol

Per UVA insder, Williams dropped Michigan because Jaylen Brown silently committed to Michigan. It's all conjecture at this point.

edit: Regardless, it's stupid to say that "a Brown decision would have no effect on Wiliams because Williams plays SG" when there is only 1 scholarship available.

Aw, the "silent verbal". Link???

Aw, the "silent verbal". Link???

Waiting on the link myself, thought it might have been a forum post. Passed that info from the Michigan board. My point was that everything is speculation at this point and picking and choosing reports is silly.

That being said, Michigan's #1 recruiting guy (Webb) just made a post saying the thinks Kentucky is the leader. Huge for you guys (though I can't link that either).

Reactions: BillionthUKFan
theprideofUNC

Re: Jaylen Brown, come on down!
Yesterday at 11:48 PM
We are UNC. I refuse to believe that Mr. Jaylen Brown would want to play for two traditionless schools in Cal and Michigan or the mercenary army and cheaters at Kentucky.

Lulz

UNC fans had no problem with one year "mercenaries" whenever it was Marvin Williams and Brandan Wright. They were one of the forefathers of "mercenary ball"

Reactions: .S&C. and ukfan041
Waiting on the link myself, thought it might have been a forum post. Passed that info from the Michigan board. My point was that everything is speculation at this point and picking and choosing reports is silly.

That being said, Michigan's #1 recruiting guy (Webb) just made a post saying the thinks Kentucky is the leader. Huge for you guys (though I can't link that either).
Dude, you're a total class act man. Regardless where Brown goes, you've nailed it here and I look forward to your contributions moving forward

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
What gets me is how UNC is recruiting the guy, too, yet according to their fans if he goes there it shows he has class and is all about education (lol), but if he picks UK it shows he's a "mercenary"

He's OAD no matter where he goes, dummies! Well, unless Roy cries on the couch with momma...

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
ADVERTISEMENT