ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright says no

'Is that a firm no?'

Wright glances down to avoid eye contact, shuffles his papers, and lowers his voice in replying 'yes, yes, yes' moments after talking about how the program is as strong as ever. Yeah, Im holding out hope until we have a presser announcing Scott Drew. This time is to dream a little, not fret over every tweet that saying so-and-so has no interest in the job.

Get used to many more saying no. Mike Decourcy had a much more realistic list. It’s a pipe dream for those thinking Oats, Hurley, Donovan or Wright would even consider the job. It’s more than likely Drew or bust and that seems to be far fetched as well.

Starting to sound like Donovan isn't coming either.
Of course he’s not. Neither is Oats or Hurley. Expectations need to be brought down a bit on this board.

Get used to many more saying no. Mike Decourcy had a much more realistic list. It’s a pipe dream for those thinking Oats, Hurley, Donovan or Wright would even consider the job. It’s more than likely Drew or bust and that seems to be far fetched as well.
Your guy left. Showed his hand and played it all wrong. There are 25 plus coaches out there who are better alternatives to Cal and way more interested in winning without bull spitting every one they speak too.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
He's a great coach but Kentucky needs a coach that is hungry and already retired or about to be. An older coach who still has the fire is fine but make no mistake we don't need anyone here who will just coast or not embrace the challenges of the NIL era.

Of course he’s not. Neither is Oats or Hurley. Expectations need to be brought down a bit on this board.
let it cook a few days and then lets see where it falls out.

You're so cooked about Cal getting chased out you think the program is garbage

Who thought Jay Wright was coming to KY? Really? The guy retired on top and loves his job.

I have heard Wright say he had no interest in coaching Kentucky two or three times in the last twenty years. I wish people would quit asking him, I don’t know that he could handle the pressure of this job, he doesn’t either. He has never wanted any part of this job.

I was watching the pre game show last night and had paused my TV so was running a little behind. I saw KSR say he gave a "firm no" and I thought well that seems to be pretty definite. Then I started back watching and his answer was not a definite answer to me. He talked about he liked being Kenny's coach but he hadn't earned the right to be Chucks coach yet, then he went on to talk about the job that Cal had done. When he finished Seth Davis said Coach I didn't hear a firm no, is that a firm no? He dropped his head and mumbled "yeah". To me it was not as definite as they made it out to be. Now I am not saying it's him but I felt differently about if he had some interest after actually watching it than reading KSR's take on it.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
Watch the video if you haven't already - this transcript makes it seem like more of a "no" than it really was. His body language absolutely said "maybe".

Reactions: Creed Bratton
got to figure a few of the coaches will "pull" their names out if they have not been contacted to gauge interest, just because they don't want to be part of not consider crowd. Mitch plays his cards close, but I'm sure he already had feelers out and we won't get coaches where are looking for a raise at their school or going to take a better offer after Mitch offers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT