ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Williams on ESPN Gameday proclaims UK as "The Dallas Cowboys of college basketball"!!

Don’t like the dude, but he ain’t wrong!

Nothing to be mad about here
And that's what makes it so much worse coming from that little JERK!!!

He is right and that has KILLED ME!!!!

Stuff like this used to get Cal fired up to prove these comments wrong, but now he just CRIES about it and tells everyone to ignore it!!

SAD

Sounds like an issue that is fueled by media and fan preseason expectations for a program that is traditionally loaded with freshmen...

Can’t stand Jay Williams and his analogy is wrong but the sentiment is right. Cowboys haven’t won anything in nearly 30 years. UK has only really sucked for the past four years.

We haven't won a title in 12. Long title gaps are nothing new sadly though as we went 14 before 2012 and other than a short 2 year gap between 98 and 96 it was then 18 years and then 20 before that.

Cowboys haven't won a title in 28 years but had a great 90s, like UK did.

Cal is definitely not a top coach anymore and should have a 2nd title for sure. 2015 had stud frosh and good returners. Not winning that title was an all time fail. They would have been better off losing 1 to 2 games pre tourney IMO.

I wish Cal rode motorcycles.

OK, sorry, that was just mean.
HpSXDb4.png

We haven't won a title in 12. Long title gaps are nothing new sadly though as we went 14 before 2012 and other than a short 2 year gap between 98 and 96 it was then 18 years and then 20 before that.

Cowboys haven't won a title in 28 years but had a great 90s, like UK did.

Cal is definitely not a top coach anymore and should have a 2nd title for sure. 2015 had stud frosh and good returners. Not winning that title was an all time fail. They would have been better off losing 1 to 2 games pre tourney IMO

At least they were in the discussion up until about 4 years ago. Can’t say that any longer, even though there was a brief glimmer of hope at the beginning of this year. Totally agree that Cal needs to leave. This team should lose 6 games total all year long but will end up with twice that number

• Sad
Reactions: catben and Cats192
At least they were in the discussion up until about 4 years ago. Can’t say that any longer, even though there was a brief glimmer of hope at the beginning of this year. Totally agree that Cal needs to leave. This team should lose 6 games total all year long but will end up with twice that number

Yeah, Dallas has not made an appearance since 1996. UK has 4 since then and won 2 of them.

Dallas hasn't made it to final four of their sport since 1996 even. Technically it was 1995 season but playoffs were in January 1996.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Can’t stand Jay Williams and his analogy is wrong but the sentiment is right. Cowboys haven’t won anything in nearly 30 years. UK has only really sucked for the past four years.
The analogy is correct. Cal is the most Underachieving Coach in the history of college basketball. All that talent and hype every year, and one title in 14+ years.

Reactions: Fox2monk and deep3
Sadly, he’s right about recent results not equaling preseason hype, but where the analogy falls a little flat is that UK has won 3 championships and has been to several final fours in the last 30 years. Dallas hasn’t won a thing since January of 1996.

There’s a parallel between fanbases too. Cowboys fans can be arrogant and overly mouthy, expect to win the Super Bowl every year, talk about past glory often, and everyone seems to love it when they lose. Sound familiar? One of my best friends is a Cowboys/UK fan and he sees it.

I don't mind Jay Williams. He honestly seems like a good dude off camera. Really cares about his kids. But, he does some things to rile people up so, mission accomplished I guess?
But, saying these things on a national broadcast is a positive if it puts more heat on Calipari.

Jay Williams hates UK more than Kenny Smith. Any thi g he Saya regarding UK is with anti UK intentions no matter what it is

Reactions: Fox2monk
The analogy is correct. Cal is the most Underachieving Coach in the history of college basketball. All that talent and hype every year, and one title in 14+ years.

Dean Smith had 3 and 4 year talent better than one and done talent for 37 years and won 2 titles at unc.

He won one title with 3 years of Jordan. Let's give cal AD 3 years and I bet he would have won another.

Cal is 2nd. You need to research history of the game.

just saw he said some stupid ish about Caitlin Clark so that will drown out his Kentucky comments
Yup, apparently he doesn't think Clark is a great player. He said you can't be considered great until you win a championship. So apparently to him Charles Barkely, Terrell Owens and Dan Marino aren't great but Luke Walton, Kadarius Toney and Trent Dilfer are.

The Caitlin Clark isn’t great was a really idiotic take. I could see where you don’t want to call someone the greatest EVER without a title, but she’s clearly a great player.

As a life long and die hard Cowboys fan, this pisses me off know it was a slight.

He ain’t wrong, but damn it hurts to hear. 😂

The Caitlin Clark isn’t great was a really idiotic take. I could see where you don’t want to call someone the greatest EVER without a title, but she’s clearly a great player.

She took Iowa to the title game.

She could have went to uconn or Baylor and 100% won a title. I will give her props for not doing that.

Women's basketball is for the most part a non parity joke. Like when mitchell was here we were capped at elite 8 due to the monstar team we always had to face there.

He is as good as a commentary as he is a motorcycle rider. Both are train wrecks waiting to happen and some of you still listen. Now that's funny!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT