ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Prickett...

Good to see him there yesterday. I think he has two sons coming up. I think they go to HS in Lexington. Anybody know where they attend school and how good they are ?
I met him at the Northern Ky /Cincinnati airport in 2022 and I’m sure he told me that he lived in Ashland

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I used to see him a lot at the KBA back in the day, I think he owned it for awhile. He was always extremely nice and friendly.

Good to see him there yesterday. I think he has two sons coming up. I think they go to HS in Lexington. Anybody know where they attend school and how good they are ?
It was indeed good to see Prickett there. He was one of my all-time U.K. favorites. Just a blue-collar guy who could score, rebound, and play inside defense. One of my few disappointments in my U.K. b'ball fandom is my regret that Prickett finished his career with only 998 points. His intangible contributions were so great that I just feel like he deserved to be in the 1,000-point club !

• Love
Reactions: awf and Cowtown Cat
Poor Jarred. He held the all time record for missed layups in a career at UK. It was a record many thought would never be broken. Then DJ and Justin both said “hold my beer” and broke it in one season.
And isn't he like 1 or 2 points off from being a 1000 point scorer?

Reactions: Bluegrassking
And isn't he like 1 or 2 points off from being a 1000 point scorer?
998. Fouled out against AZ with 998. Earned a starting job on the 1993 FF team. Took it on the chin and redshirted during the ‘96 run, then lost in OT a bucket short. Felt so bad for him.

Morris the Cat and Darius Miller were the 2 I was so excited to see come off that bus. Not shocked Darius showed up, but it is nice to know a player like Morris still has a special place in his heart for the Cats. Haven't seen him around much since the alumni game several years ago. I hope people around the program strongly consider having alumni games again for those who can still play and bring back these names of the past. Imagine Jodie Meeks over the summer one year coming back for one now that his playing career has ended, transitioned into coaching.

Prickett was great teammate and could bang and score.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Poor Jarred. He held the all time record for missed layups in a career at UK. It was a record many thought would never be broken. Then DJ and Justin both said “hold my beer” and broke it in one season.
Your right to an extent, but I thought Ashton Hagans broke it a few years back???

Reactions: Soupbean
Your right to an extent, but I thought Ashton Hagans broke it a few years back???
It was indeed good to see Prickett there. He was one of my all-time U.K. favorites. Just a blue-collar guy who could score, rebound, and play inside defense. One of my few disappointments in my U.K. b'ball fandom is my regret that Prickett finished his career with only 998 points. His intangible contributions were so great that I just feel like he deserved to be in the 1,000-point club !
Never forget his big freshman TV debut back when the bit time announcer group was Dick Enberg, Al McGuire and Billy Packer and Jared was all over the place grabbing every rebound, killer instincts for the ball, even had a couple of nice passes that made McGuire make the declaration that we may be seeing the "NEXT LARRY BIRD"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT