ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray visiting UK

A frontcourt of Skal, Poy, and Lee should be top 5 or at least 10 in the country. Swanigan would give us some cushion if we would run in to foul trouble but they most certainly CAN make a final 4 run without him.
It will be Skal, Alex, Murray, Briscoe and Ulis. Final Four is a given. Best Back Court in the Country and top three front court.

It will be Skal, Alex, Murray, Briscoe and Ulis. Final Four is a given.

Easy there. Final Four wasn't a given with John Wall running the show.

That said, Murray's a hellaciously intriguing player and would help to shore up one of the major issues this team clearly has as it stands, which is an undeniable lack of scoring.

I would rather have Murray than Swanigan. I think both could be difference makers but I think Murray is much more of a need as another perimeter scorer. Would love to get Murray and either Swanigan or Maker but would be VERY happy with if we just ended up landing Murray!!

Do your thing Cal!

It will be Skal, Alex, Murray, Briscoe and Ulis. Final Four is a given. Best Back Court in the Country and top three front court.

Umm, think they told that to Keith Bogans?...and John Wall?...and Jared Sullinger?...and Rudy Gay?...and the Morris twins?...and Jay Williams?...and Paul Pierce?...and (you get the idea).

Oregon did take another commitment on Friday from a JUCO guy. I read elsewhere that they are now full and have no scholarships available. Obviously, they could Crean somebody but it is still interesting.

Umm, think they told that to Keith Bogans?...and John Wall?...and Jared Sullinger?...and Rudy Gay?...and the Morris twins?...and Jay Williams?...and Paul Pierce?...and (you get the idea).
They did not have the top backcourt in the country and then you throw in the number 1 pick in the Draft. Poy will be on a mission, and the bench will be very good. Givin is a bit over the top, but I would not trade UK's chances for any other team.

[QUOTE="panther voice, post: 1702527, member: 1074 Poy will be on a mission, and the bench will be very good. Givin is a bit over the top, but I would not trade UK's chances for any other team.[/QUOTE]
Bogans team was a very fun team

They did not have the top backcourt in the country and then you throw in the number 1 pick in the Draft. Poy will be on a mission, and the bench will be very good. Givin is a bit over the top, but I would not trade UK's chances for any other team.

Possibly true...but:

That dUKe team had Jay Will, Boozer, and Dunleavy.

That Kansas team had 7 future pro players. And Collins/Taylor/Henry was a pretty darn good backcourt on paper.

That UK team (2003) had Fitch/Bogans...pretty damn good backcourt.

The UK team (2009) happened to have the best backcourt AND the #1 draft pick...plus 4 other first-rounders.

That UCONN team had 4 first-round draft picks.

Any word on how the visit is going?

Is the weather nice today? Do you think it reminds him of Canada?

Do you think he likes Canadian bacon better? Crispy or a little under cooked?

Do you think they will show him Keeneland?

Maybe even the world!

Well, Hell, if we're throwing "maybe" in to the mix, maybe I'm the top prospect. Maybe I look like the Apollo Belvedere. Maybe my car is upholstered in fine Corinthian leather.

Definitely some hyperbole but he was the most impressive player at the Nike Hoops Summit. Takes a stud to steal the show when guys like Simmons and Skal are involved.

Probably a question that has been answered, but how many scholarships do we have left for 2015? I know Cali. is dealing with this issue now, so just curious.

Possibly true...but:

That dUKe team had Jay Will, Boozer, and Dunleavy.

That Kansas team had 7 future pro players. And Collins/Taylor/Henry was a pretty darn good backcourt on paper.

That UK team (2003) had Fitch/Bogans...pretty damn good backcourt.

The UK team (2009) happened to have the best backcourt AND the #1 draft pick...plus 4 other first-rounders.

That UCONN team had 4 first-round draft picks.

You do know that that Duke team won a national title in 2001. You can't just throw it out there that they "never made a Final Four" like those other guys when they won the damn title in 2000/2001. You should take them off the list.

Probably a question that has been answered, but how many scholarships do we have left for 2015? I know Cali. is dealing with this issue now, so just curious.

We should have 3 available scholarships. We had 7 people leave and have currently signed 4, leaving 3 available.

Is the weather nice today? Do you think it reminds him of Canada?

Do you think he likes Canadian bacon better? Crispy or a little under cooked?

Do you think they will show him Keeneland?

My source says, due to our success in recruiting this year, his word on how the visit is going is totally worthless, but he's confident it's a done deal. I'll take that as a positive.

You do know that that Duke team won a national title in 2001. You can't just throw it out there that they "never made a Final Four" like those other guys when they won the damn title in 2000/2001. You should take them off the list.

You know they missed the Final Four after returning 4 starters from that national title team and were picked consensus preseason #1, right?

I didn't utter the quote "never made a Final Four"...if you followed the thread, it was referencing teams that were "givens" to make a Final Four but fell short that year. Reading comprehension.

I'll take them off the list if they are retroactively granted a Final Four banner for the 2001-02 season.

You have to be a real loser to be a Kentucky fan who's insecure about Kansas.
Amen. Maybe "loser" is a little harsh, but it's pretty silly for sure. The only thing they have that I wouldn't mind owning is the Rock Chalk Jayhawk thing.

But even if UK gets this kid, Cal didn't beat Kansas for him. Should we even take him? Really need to get better at head to head recruiting against KU apparently.

This is really great news to hear this morning. I would love to have this kid at UK. Every since I saw him play on TV I thought he could be really special.
Do you thing Cal.

Amen. Maybe "loser" is a little harsh, but it's pretty silly for sure. The only thing they have that I wouldn't mind owning is the Rock Chalk Jayhawk thing.

I am sure Kansas and probably a few other schools have tried to get in the mix for Murray. It looks as though, from reading those in the know on twitter, that a plan has been in the works for a while. Kansas, UConn, Oregon, etc.. would be mute options at this point. Really late in the process to be on this visit. As Catzman said, the Jayhawks are douches, but the Nike connection will hopefully win this one out for us.

All the glee about Murray coming here is great, but in truth, isn't there room for both? That makes us very deep once again, and it is a pipe dream.
If you did learn anything from last year, it's that you didn't have to play 30 minutes to get in the Top 10 cred for the NBA draft the following year.

Murray coming here IMO gives us a dilemna with Ulis/Briscoe/Mulder/Hawkins. I think we can show Swanigan will get more minutes than we can to Murray.

Holding back my excitement until we lock one of these down.

YES!!!!!!! HELL YES!!!!!! This is what I've been saying. We're good now, but we'll be elite when Murray commits. This kicks a$$.

All the glee about Murray coming here is great, but in truth, isn't there room for both? That makes us very deep once again, and it is a pipe dream.
If you did learn anything from last year, it's that you didn't have to play 30 minutes to get in the Top 10 cred for the NBA draft the following year.

Murray coming here IMO gives us a dilemna with Ulis/Briscoe/Mulder/Hawkins. I think we can show Swanigan will get more minutes than we can to Murray.

Holding back my excitement until we lock one of these down.

What dilemma? As Cal has done in the past he will play the best players. PT for Mulder and Hawkins would be pushed back for Murray. Cal will play the best 7 or 8 and the rest will fight for minutes. Murray is an elite player that would get his time in.

Thats an odd comparison since Jason Kidd was a poor perimeter shooter.

That's what I was getting ready to post. Kid did get marginally better (or so I recall) but he looked nothing like what I saw (albeit one game) in Murray.

Jones is really digging in over the idea that UK will not take both Swanigan and Murray. I kind of understand his reasoning, but I hope he is wrong, especially if Swanigan commits first. I still think Swanigan goes elsewhere anyway.

Jones is really digging in over the idea that UK will not take both Swanigan and Murray. I kind of understand his reasoning, but I hope he is wrong, especially if Swanigan commits first. I still think Swanigan goes elsewhere anyway.

I get his reasoning behind it, makes sense. If they both come to UK then you basically have another platoon situation. Cal doesn't want to do that and, as we have seen, recruits don't want to do it.

I would rather take Murray than Swanigan but either would be great at this point.

We get Murray and this year's team will look a lot like this past year's Villanova team only we have a better inside presence with Skal. JMO

What dilemma? As Cal has done in the past he will play the best players. PT for Mulder and Hawkins would be pushed back for Murray. Cal will play the best 7 or 8 and the rest will fight for minutes. Murray is an elite player that would get his time in.

Exactly. And it is pretty simple, you have 120 minutes at the 1, 2, and 3. Ulis, Briscoe and Murray each get 30 of that roughly for 90 total, leaving 30 bench minutes between Matthews and Mulder. Hawkins is not even relevant to this discussion honestly unless he learned to do anything offensively this off-season. I hope he does, but I have my doubts.

That doesn't make a bit of sense.Coach Cal would be thrilled to take both talented players who play totally different positions.

So is Murray visiting or not? KSR says he's REPORTEDLY visiting, that sounds like a definite maybe.

We get Murray and this year's team will look a lot like this past year's Villanova team only we have a better inside presence with Skal. JMO

Didn't 'Nova have veteran guards, though? Hilliard and Ennis? One was a senior and the other a RS junior, I believe.

Hopefully we have better post-season results!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT