ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray visiting UK

If we land Murray we'll be bad!! If we land Murray & some beef in Swanigan we're freaking loaded!!

I somehow feel more confident in landing Murray than Swanigan now.

Yeah, but if we get Murray and not Swanigan, Poythress gets to play the 4, and we run a 3 guard set that will give teams fits.

Ulis, Briscoe and Murray. They can drive and dish, and they can shoot. How do you defend that?

Yeah, but if we get Murray and not Swanigan, Poythress gets to play the 4, and we run a 3 guard set that will give teams fits.

Ulis, Briscoe and Murray. They can drive and dish, and they can shoot. How do you defend that?

Having that many elite guards on the roster somewhat guarantees you a high scoring night from your guard positions every night. The fact that all of them have very good court vision and each have their own moves to burn their man with the ball, it's very versatile, would be fun to watch.

Reactions: BillionthUKFan
(Ok, I don't know what happened, but I was trying to respond to a post where someone said Ulis will average 8 assists a game, and instead quoting my own post. Huh?)

In the inimitable words of Vincent Vega, "That's a bold statement".

I would be thrilled, but 8 apg is not easy to do in college.

That's why I prefaced it by saying it was somewhat of a bold statement. I won't say ridiculously bold because the team will be centered around him, and his game is centered around ball distribution.
Will be very hard to do, but if we've had a PG at UK under Cal who could do it, my money is on Ulis.

Reactions: Mike-D
Story from Elias:

This past weekend Jamal Murray was back at home in Kitchener, Ontario where I had the chance to connect with him and his father Roger after evaluating a new crop of prospects at the very same Tri-City camp where I first discovered Jamal back in 2012.

jm.jpg

Today he is on his official visit to Kentucky, who recently got a commitment from Windsor’s Mychal Mulder.

Coach John Calipari met with Jamal and his father Roger in late April.

This past weekend Jamal walked into the gym, we said our hellos and I noticed that he had that hungry look in his eyes.

We waited for the gym to empty and Murray was ready to get to work. He takes advantage of every opportunity to improve and get reps in. This is a guy that really respects the process and does not know what it feels like to settle.

His mentality towards training, development, distractions, success is what I appreciated about him from early in his high school days.

I rebounded for him as he got off more than 200 three balls. He shot 83%. Everything was razor sharp; from his release point, follow through, his base and eye contact with the rim.

Murray makes improvements every time we see him. He’s really taking care of his body and is feeling and looking lean and ready for whatever comes next.

His next visits have not been announced as everything remains tight. He could very well end up reclassifying to 2015…

And it could be Kentucky.

Get excited if he announces here, if not, you're seeing yourselves up for the same disappointments we've had all recruiting season.

Reactions: bigc45157
Maybe another 30 win season if Cal can some how get him. Won't be a final 4 run without another big but still we will have a very good season.

This is potentially huge news, because just getting him on campus for a visit has been such a difficult undertaking. I believe that he is interested in the prospect of reclassifying and coming to UK. Hopefully he's blown away by the atmosphere and the experience.

There is an image button (looks like the sun rising over a mountain - actually, looks like the sun rising over Kentucky) on the menu bar when posting. I posted your image for you.

b62f6274ad5a3904b70f519e1d791ee7.jpg

As for Murray, it would be great to get him signed by tomorrow, the last day of the spring signing period! :D

Thank you!

Maybe another 30 win season if Cal can some how get him. Won't be a final 4 run without another big but still we will have a very good season.
A frontcourt of Skal, Poy, and Lee should be top 5 or at least 10 in the country. Swanigan would give us some cushion if we would run in to foul trouble but they most certainly CAN make a final 4 run without him.

He is the missing link. With him we are the preseason #1 again and on the way to hanging #9. This would be one of the best teams in the country as far as top talent goes. Last year we were really deep but did not have the most talent at every position which hurt us and this led to Cal having to try to hide our weaknesses with the platoons system. With Murray we will be loaded and Cal can then work on coaching the best and not trying to hide glaring weaknesses like he had to last season.

This is the team Cal has been planning on!!!!!

Murray and Swanigan would make this team an easy number one. Last year the NCAA was loaded with lots of good teams. This year college basketball will be down. A UK team with Swag and Murray on it could be more dominant than last years team.

I'm not so sure it'll be "down"...Maryland, UNC, UVA, Kansas and (unfortunately) Duke will have something to say about it before it's all said and done.

I wish the Crystal Ball predictors would update their picks more often. It really skews the percentages when guys have predictions up from two years ago. You can really only look at the predictions from the last couple of months to have a good idea.

Reactions: DY9ASTY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT