ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray visiting UK

That's not a dose of truth, it just doesnt make any sense. He was never going to commit on the spot. 1st they have to make sure he will be able to reclassify before he can even think about committing to a school. I posted on HOB a few weeks ago that there was a good chance this things goes into the summer, so to me at least, there is nothing about this news that makes me feel any worse about our chances.
Agree completely with this.

On the bright side the walleye are starting to bite here on Laurel Lake so while I am waiting for Mr Murray to decide if Kentucky is where he will play his Collage Basketball might as well start putting fish in the freezer..

Thank you Veterans for your service. God Bless you and yours.

Reactions: bigc45157
IU? What the hell has Clappy done to get kids to add them to the list? Strange recruiting year as I can remember. IMO, we are done for the year (based on the last 50 days).

Hope he and Thon Maker don't end up being some sort of package deal to IU! :mad::mad::mad::chairshot:

If Thon Maker doesn't show up until December, he will be a non-issue no matter where he goes.

Can't be a good sign if he is adding schools to his list.

@jeffborzello: Jamal Murray's father told ESPN the Kentucky visit went well.

Mentioned Oregon, Michigan, Michigan St, Indiana, UConn as schools in the mix
[eyeroll]
dude can you type anything w/o a negative slant . He has never come out with ANY LIST SO YOU CANT ADD TO SOMETHING YOU NEVER HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE. LOL. Just be patient people for god sakes!

[eyeroll]
dude can you type anything w/o a negative slant . He has never come out with ANY LIST SO YOU CANT ADD TO SOMETHING YOU NEVER HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE. LOL. Just be patient people for god sakes!

I'm really excited to see your "locks, guarantees, and done deals" Newman and Zimmerman suit up for UK next season.

His comments came off as positive for our chances to me.Some were worried he wouldn't come because of Ulis and Briscoe but he doesn't seem to care about that and just wants to win.And him wanting to be the number one pick makes me think he will for sure reclassify and coming to UK seems his best shot at that dream.He was always planning more visits so that doesn't worry me.We will have a long wait but I like our chances.

I think this is an over reaction. This is clearly just a weird class. There are too many players going to weird schools and picking schools for odd reasons. Also who have we really lost this spring. Other than Diallo we didn't lose anyone that we really had a strong shot at anyway. Jaylen Brown made it clear that he didn't like the attention he was going to get here and went somewhere where he wouldn't get it. Newman wanted the offense build around him. That wasn't going to happen here. The other recruits are players that we had no real relationship with until the end. We didn't really start recruiting Swanigan until about a week ago. Recruiting is building relationships and we simply didn't have one with those guys. I bet if you look at Duke you will see they also rarely get heavily recruited players that they just started recruiting a week before he announced. That's just how it is.

We should also prepare ourselves for losing Murray as well. We weren't really in on him until the Hoop Summit. Keep in mind I still believe we get him in the end but we are arriving late. You should expect to win the recruits that you have strong ties with going back years. We have done that in Briscoe and Skal. You should also expect to lose recruits that you have adhoc relationships with and that has happened as well.

The problem with this class was that everyone from last year returned which was unexpected. That seemed to have disrupted our rhythm in recruiting. We didn't heavily pursue people early because the twins coming back meant that it was likely that we would still have Booker. We were also expecting to keep Dakari and Lyles as well. So how do you recruit with their scholarships when you aren't sure if they are returning or not. So we waited. So one by one the players that we did have relationships with went else where and then all 7 players declared for the draft. We were left scrambling. We are trying to scratch out a class at the last minute instead of basing it on guys that we have relationships going back to their sophomore year. The results of this spring are really what should be expected.

Agree with a lot of what you said about this just being a weird class. You made some very valid points about why also, very valid points!

I will have to disagree about expecting Trey back and even Dakari. Trey had made it known since high school that he wanted to be a OAD and that was one of the deciding factors for him choosing UK and Dakari was also rumored to want to be out of UK ASAP. He reclassified to get to the NBA quicker.

Those schools were always on his list so he isn't adding anyone.
I'm really excited to see your "locks, guarantees, and done deals" Newman and Zimmerman suit up for UK next season.

did i say any of that about MUrray ? no . and by the way paul and any others with info will tell you those guys were coming to UK at one point so crucify me for having confidence . the horror LOL . Just try to post once in a while not sounding like a debbie downer , just once.

ADVERTISEMENT