ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray visiting UK

He is the key for us.

If we get Murray, he takes us to another level.

The dynamic in the backcourt, with him joining Ulis and Briscoe, would be amazing.

Then throw in Labissiere inside with a couple of veterans (Poythress and Lee) and look out.

I would be incredibly happy if he signs with us.

I truly feel he would complete this team.

DaffyDuck-Fap_zpsrwkoxzoc.gif

Murray and Swanigan would make this team an easy number one. Last year the NCAA was loaded with lots of good teams. This year college basketball will be down. A UK team with Swag and Murray on it could be more dominant than last years team.

This makes people that said UK only offered Vick for one reason (to get someone else's attention) look smart...if Murray comes here.

I would say a visit with your father this late in the game means there is serious interest to say the least...everyone wear out that F5 key

Could this be why we didn't pursue Vick very hard?

That was my initial reaction to the Vick commitment to Kansas and the rumor that we cancelled his visit that was scheduled for today...that it must have meant good news with Murray (who is obviously a higher priority). It appears now with this awesome news that indeed that was the case.

Murray is the perfect final piece to the puzzle for next year...he takes us from good to special if Cal can wrap him up.

This is HUGE news.

There had been a lot of scuttlebutt recently that Murray was heavily leaning towards staying in the '16 class and then entering the draft. If he's really this serious about UK and we're that serious about reeling him in, then I think it's more likely than not the he reclassifies.

For the first time this spring I'm actually getting a good feeling about a recruit. Hopefully this one actually goes in our favor.

Every time I read about him, I get the impression that he is a perfect player for Cal. They all talk about how focused he is, and how hard he works. Doesn't appear to be flashy or a "look at me" type player either. If he does come to UK, I have a hunch he may end up being my favorite player in the Cal era.

If we land Murray we'll be bad!! If we land Murray & some beef in Swanigan we're freaking loaded!!

I somehow feel more confident in landing Murray than Swanigan now.

Reactions: BillionthUKFan
(Ok, I don't know what happened, but I was trying to respond to a post where someone said Ulis will average 8 assists a game, and instead quoting my own post. Huh?)

In the inimitable words of Vincent Vega, "That's a bold statement".

I would be thrilled, but 8 apg is not easy to do in college.

ADVERTISEMENT