ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray visiting UK

I would have loved to be able to be a fly on the wall in the room during his sit down with Cal. Just to see how he handles these kids and what he stresses during his pitch.

Seems like some mass banning is in order as I've noticed a lot of trolls here recently. That same clown was here last night.

How much is The Big Blow Nation willing to pay Murray to play there?
tumblr_lohzms4iWp1qame3z.gif

Not surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

We could be waiting until August/September. Meh.

Looks like we are going to have a long wait.The more schools he visits and time it takes it just seems more unlikely to me he will come here.

Who didn't see that coming? It's easy to keep brushing this off, but when you whiff on every single recruit you've looked at this spring, at some point it's time to accept there's something wrong with the message. And keep your pitchforks down. It's not a criticism of Cal. I think a lot of it is Slice never unpacked his bags and the jury is still out on Barbee. But whatever the case, to keep writing it off as this is a "weird" class is naive.

Reactions: kyups01
Who didn't see that coming? It's easy to keep brushing this off, but when you whiff on every single recruit you've looked at this spring, at some point it's time to accept there's something wrong with the message. And keep your pitchforks down. It's not a criticism of Cal. I think a lot of it is Slice never unpacked his bags and the jury is still out on Barbee. But whatever the case, to keep writing it off as this is a "weird" class is naive.
Agree, UK has lost two good recruiters the past 2 years. If we lost Capel at Duke we'd start whiffing as well. Like UK fans I'm sure we'd ignore the obvious and blame it on K getting old or whatever...

Reactions: jrpross

Or you know, maybe it's an elite recruit wanting to use his allotted visits? They haven't whiffed on him yet.

Not unexpected. Let the kid enjoy visiting colleges. When my son is ready to choose a college (if he decides to go) I want him to visit more than one school. Even if he knows what school he wants to go to, he still needs to visit more than one school. I can't blame him for "enjoying the process."

Dont matter what seed we are. WE WIN CHAMPIOSHIPS !!

1/10 troll, made me reply. I see that Duke education is being put to good use in your hands. Must be really sad to be so obsessed with a program that you're on their board trolling instead of celebrating your own team's accomplishments.
I'll give you and "your buddy" (More than likely the same guy.) the benefit of the doubt and guess that you're probably a couple of sad Little Brother fans, as most Duke fans I've run into are at least capable of spelling.

This isn't surprising news at all.His dad said weeks ago that Jamal would be taking several visits to schools so I don't see why people are reading anything negative into it about our chances.

This isn't surprising news at all.His dad said weeks ago that Jamal would be taking several visits to schools so I don't see why people are reading anything negative into it about our chances.

I don't read anything negative into it, but I would like to get some of these players that visit a school and then commit shortly thereafter, and cancel the rest of their visits.

I don't read anything negative into it, but I would like to get some of these players that visit a school and then commit shortly thereafter, and cancel the rest of their visits.

Yeah, there's always the worry that some other team will say the right thing to him or promise him the world and get him to commit then and there.

If Murray stays '16 or heads to another program in '15, the last 45 days will rivals some of the most disappointing in program history.

To quote True Detective, the spring recruiting process has been like a bad dream, "and like a lot of dreams, there's a monster at the end of it."

Last edited:
If Murray stays '16 or heads to another program in '15, the last 45 days will rivals some of the most disappointing in program history.

Again, a bit of hyperbole there. It'll have sucked for sure, but we just lived through near a half a decade of mediocrity pre-Cal. An embarrassment of riches to choose from there when it comes to depressing stretches.

I wonder what other schools he is visiting?I know he visited Oregon once already and have heard UConn and Syracuse mentioned as possible.

Reactions: ulismyman
Seriously?

Do you know what disappointment actually means?

It means a lofty expectation (right or wrong) being unmet; it means grandiose bridges that don't quite touch the other side of the cliff; it means flying to the sun only to have your wings melt off and come crashing back to the earth. So, in order to answer your "seriously" question, I'd simply ask you how many times in program history has Kentucky started a season 38-0, only to lose in the Final Four, subsequently lose 7 guys to the draft, and potentially strike out on eight recruits in a one month period, seven of whom UK was considered the leader for at one point or another?

I'm not talking about "worst eras in UK history" like probation, Billy, G, or Tubby's last few acts. Those were horrible, and filled with despair and the exact opposite of expectation. There's a significant difference there, so please don't confuse my point. Over time, there was a real lack of expectation in all of those dark times, and they were drawn out over the course of a few years each, not the specific 45 day window I very clearly directed my point at.

And for the record, I never personally made one post claiming that "we were cheated!" or could beat an NBA team. Even when we were 38-0, I'm sure all but the most irrational members of the fanbase would tell you that they never bought into such delusion. The problem is we are guilty of having a very vocal dumbass minority of our fanbase who make all of us look bad to any outsiders. Now if you'll excuse me, I actually have better things to do with my life apart from posting on other team's message boards about how they're "so irrelevant", despite the fact that I can't stop talking about them.

Reactions: madison1329
Do you know what disappointment actually means?

It means a lofty expectation (right or wrong) being unmet; it means grandiose bridges that don't quite touch the other side of the cliff; it means flying to the sun only to have your wings melt off and come crashing back to the earth. So, in order to answer your "seriously" question, I'd simply ask you how many times in program history has Kentucky started a season 38-0, only to lose in the Final Four, subsequently lose 7 guys to the draft, and potentially strike out on eight recruits in a one month period, seven of whom UK was considered the leader for at one point or another?

I'm not talking about "worst eras in UK history" like probation, Billy, G, or Tubby's last few acts. Those were horrible, and filled with despair and the exact opposite of expectation. There's a significant difference there, so please don't confuse my point. Over time, there was a real lack of expectation in all of those dark times, and they were drawn out over the course of a few years each, not the specific 45 day window I very clearly directed my point at.

No one's debating that it hasn't been disappointing. Merely that I wouldn't classify it as "rivaling some of the more disappointing time frames in program history" as you personally stated.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
No one's debating that it hasn't been disappointing. Merely that I wouldn't classify it as "rivaling some of the more disappointing time frames in program history" as you personally stated.

And that's cool. I suppose it comes down to perspectives based on the standards that have been created by each individual coach.

Reactions: madison1329
I don't know about comparing disappointments in program history, but Tony Barbee might need a kick in the ass if he doesn't hit a home run with the '16 class.

I guess it's all relative.

I just can not understand how people can focus on the negatives all the time.

We will have a good team next season.

I will be disappointed if we miss on Murray, but it will be okay.

We will survive. We will be fine.

I guess it's all relative.

I just can not understand how people can focus on the negatives all the time.

We will have a good team next season.

I will be disappointed if we miss on Murray, but it will be okay.

We will survive. We will be fine.
We will be good without Murray, but not final four good. We need Murray for that.

May as well sit back and not be anxious about it. Said his dad is taking care of everything and it could be two months before he decides. Taking two more visits, could be middle of July.

At least he really liked his visit. Said having three point guards wasn't even brought up which shows that the ones saying he might not come here because of that is wrong. Said that they could play off each other and knows they would all three be effective together.

ADVERTISEMENT