ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray visiting UK

You guys brag all year, about being able to beat a pro team, everyone got sick of hearing that crap. You shot over 50 percent and Wisky still beat you, but your excuse was you got cheated lol.

I'm already sick of hearing your crap. You're an idiot to include everyone from what just a couple of fans say. Straight idiot!!! I'm sure if I went to your teams board I could find a couple of rambunctious fans who claim to god knows what but the difference is that I wouldn't be ignorant enough to stereotype your entire fan base based on that rambunctious fan. Guess you failed in that category or you are probably that idiotic rambunctious fan.

Hey mod, ban this clown before I really start on him and open a can for him.

In an interview on Zagsblog Murray says he'll probably take more visits and it could be a couple of months before he decides. He did say he enjoyed his visit and didn't seem too concerned about us already having Ulis and Briscoe. Also used the word "we" a lot when asked about playing here.

That is the most absurd and inane exaggeration uttered in any written or spoken language since the first ancient Mesopotamian sharpened a stick and scratched out cuneiform figures in the clay on the banks of the Tigris.

I've already explained what I meant by the statement later on in this thread - thoroughly, in fact. Perhaps you should read that before blowing a hyperbolic gasket.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
Dont matter what seed we are. WE WIN CHAMPIOSHIPS !!

YOU HAVE CHAMPIONSHIPS HANDED TO YOU PAL. We would have around 15 championships if we had Duke's draw every year. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have it but don't sit here and act like you are world beaters when stats prove that you have the easiest roads to championships ever in 2010 and 2015. Seriously, you had to play 1 really good team who was exhausted from playing us. If Dekker has half the game that he had played in every other game that tourney, you would not be the champs. Kudos though, you won fair and square but don't stick your chest out like your big and bad cause you're not. There is a reason that YOUR ENTIRE FAN BASE was cheering for Wiscy against us in Lucas Oil. Its because you wanted no part of our team. That's the fact jack!

My only concern if you wanns call it that...actually just a head scratcher is this....the Vick kid commits to Kansas before he ever gets here...Murray is here for days and leaves without commit and will still visit others

YOU HAVE CHAMPIONSHIPS HANDED TO YOU PAL. We would have around 15 championships if we had Duke's draw every year. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have it but don't sit here and act like you are world beaters when stats prove that you have the easiest roads to championships ever in 2010 and 2015. Seriously, you had to play 1 really good team who was exhausted from playing us. If Dekker has half the game that he had played in every other game that tourney, you would not be the champs. Kudos though, you won fair and square but don't stick your chest out like your big and bad cause you're not. There is a reason that YOUR ENTIRE FAN BASE was cheering for Wiscy against us in Lucas Oil. Its because you wanted no part of our team. That's the fact jack!
Rock-Paper-Scissors. WI was a bad matchup for UK, UK was bad for Duke, Duke was bad for WI.

But we peaked in the tourney, our D was fantastic against the #1, #6, #15 and #21 offenses. By the time we got to the finals, UK would have been favored, but not by much.

I believe right now that Murray knows exactly where he is going to play. I also believe they are still making sure that he is fine with Reclassifying to 2015 instead of 2016. I still haven't heard but how he talked in one interview after our visit he does make the comment that he wanted to be the #1 pick of the 2016 NBA Draft so he must be planning on reclassifying to 2015. I think once we hear that this comes back with 100% ok to reclassify to 2015 then he commits to UK. The only major players after Murray were Oregon and they went out and got Tyler Ennis from Villanova for next year. Also, I doubt he goes to Syracuse or Uconn. He has already taken a visit to Oregon so unless he takes a visit to UCONN or CUSE then I believe He will commit to Kentucky. I believe that most of the schools are set for 2015 in the guard position or as some they are out of Schollies to give out for 2015. That is why I believe UK is making sure that Murray is 100% good to reclassify to 2015 and then an announcement after that so a couple of weeks we would hear something. In most of the interviews they won't answer who the other visits might be for Murray. I think its UK and Oregon and if everything gets checked out 100% for 2015 then he reclassifies to 2015 and then commits to UK. If not, he stays at 2016 and heads to Oregon or the NBA!

Rock-Paper-Scissors. WI was a bad matchup for UK, UK was bad for Duke, Duke was bad for WI.

But we peaked in the tourney, our D was fantastic against the #1, #6, #15 and #21 offenses. By the time we got to the finals, UK would have been favored, but not by much.

Fair point. We were all saying to ourselves before Selection Sunday that we would prefer to avoid Wisconsin if at all possible as they were the worst match up for us. I still believe that UK was the best team in the field and would have won a best of 7 series against anyone, but alas, ifs and buts and all that jazz. Anything can happen in a single elimination tournament. Congrats. The majority of us don't mind rational rival fans who aren't solely looking to rile people up.

What a waste of time following this crap is. If he likes UK alot, then he will choose UK. If not, he will visit other schools.
I agree it is a waste of time to get our laundry in a wad over this, but not for the reason you are suggesting. Most prospects visit multiple schools, and it only makes sense to do that. So this is not a reason to fret. The player is making an important college decision. Fans who just want a kid to hurry up and decide are only driven by their own lack of better things to do, and that is the reason not to become obsessed. I am not generally a fan of 247sports, but I agree with most prognosticators on 247sports that Murray will most likely pick Kentucky eventually. The question in my mind is whether or not he will reclassify. If he decides not to reclassify, that is an additional reason why he might take his time. But even if he reclassifies, being sure about his decision is what any smart family would do.

Who didn't see that coming? It's easy to keep brushing this off, but when you whiff on every single recruit you've looked at this spring, at some point it's time to accept there's something wrong with the message. And keep your pitchforks down. It's not a criticism of Cal. I think a lot of it is Slice never unpacked his bags and the jury is still out on Barbee. But whatever the case, to keep writing it off as this is a "weird" class is naive.

I think this is an over reaction. This is clearly just a weird class. There are too many players going to weird schools and picking schools for odd reasons. Also who have we really lost this spring. Other than Diallo we didn't lose anyone that we really had a strong shot at anyway. Jaylen Brown made it clear that he didn't like the attention he was going to get here and went somewhere where he wouldn't get it. Newman wanted the offense build around him. That wasn't going to happen here. The other recruits are players that we had no real relationship with until the end. We didn't really start recruiting Swanigan until about a week ago. Recruiting is building relationships and we simply didn't have one with those guys. I bet if you look at Duke you will see they also rarely get heavily recruited players that they just started recruiting a week before he announced. That's just how it is.

We should also prepare ourselves for losing Murray as well. We weren't really in on him until the Hoop Summit. Keep in mind I still believe we get him in the end but we are arriving late. You should expect to win the recruits that you have strong ties with going back years. We have done that in Briscoe and Skal. You should also expect to lose recruits that you have adhoc relationships with and that has happened as well.

The problem with this class was that everyone from last year returned which was unexpected. That seemed to have disrupted our rhythm in recruiting. We didn't heavily pursue people early because the twins coming back meant that it was likely that we would still have Booker. We were also expecting to keep Dakari and Lyles as well. So how do you recruit with their scholarships when you aren't sure if they are returning or not. So we waited. So one by one the players that we did have relationships with went else where and then all 7 players declared for the draft. We were left scrambling. We are trying to scratch out a class at the last minute instead of basing it on guys that we have relationships going back to their sophomore year. The results of this spring are really what should be expected.

I think this is an over reaction. This is clearly just a weird class. There are too many players going to weird schools and picking schools for odd reasons. Also who have we really lost this spring. Other than Diallo we didn't lose anyone that we really had a strong shot at anyway. Jaylen Brown made it clear that he didn't like the attention he was going to get here and went somewhere where he wouldn't get it. Newman wanted the offense build around him. That wasn't going to happen here. The other recruits are players that we had no real relationship with until the end. We didn't really start recruiting Swanigan until about a week ago. Recruiting is building relationships and we simply didn't have one with those guys. I bet if you look at Duke you will see they also rarely get heavily recruited players that they just started recruiting a week before he announced. That's just how it is.

We should also prepare ourselves for losing Murray as well. We weren't really in on him until the Hoop Summit. Keep in mind I still believe we get him in the end but we are arriving late. You should expect to win the recruits that you have strong ties with going back years. We have done that in Briscoe and Skal. You should also expect to lose recruits that you have adhoc relationships with and that has happened as well.

The problem with this class was that everyone from last year returned which was unexpected. That seemed to have disrupted our rhythm in recruiting. We didn't heavily pursue people early because the twins coming back meant that it was likely that we would still have Booker. We were also expecting to keep Dakari and Lyles as well. So how do you recruit with their scholarships when you aren't sure if they are returning or not. So we waited. So one by one the players that we did have relationships with went else where and then all 7 players declared for the draft. We were left scrambling. We are trying to scratch out a class at the last minute instead of basing it on guys that we have relationships going back to their sophomore year. The results of this spring are really what should be expected.
I do not believe in the weird class theory. I agree this guy and a lot of others are overreacting. But I do not believe in the weird class theory. I don't think Malik Newman's decision had any effect on Cheick Diallo or Stephen Zimmerman. Each player makes his own personal decision. Calipari has said that Kentucky isn't for everyone. Calipari has done an amazing job since he got to Lexington, and he continued his big recruiting run when he signed Labissiere and Briscoe. But no school can sign every top player. It gets especially tough to maintain a roster when 7 underclassmen decide in April to leave early. Some people may have already forgotten, but we would have killed for this class 10 years ago. Our fans have gotten very spoiled, and some may be a little crazy too.

Last edited:
Where would Murray to Kentucky rank in terms of gratifying the fan base after a long, embattled recruitment?

I'd put it in this order at this point:

#1 Wall to UK
#2 Jones to UK
#3 Murray to UK
#4 Randle to UK
#5 Noel to UK

Mid Summer? That's like 40 more days!

I hate to have to witness Saul endure 85 days of the most disappointing times in program history.

Say it ain't so!

(condolences Saul)

Where would Murray to Kentucky rank in terms of gratifying the fan base after a long, embattled recruitment?

I'd put it in this order at this point:

#1 Wall to UK
#2 Jones to UK
#3 Murray to UK
#4 Randle to UK
#5 Noel to UK
That's a good list . I say right before Cal got here pattersons recruitment was huge too. Even Matt jones said it help create KSR with all the fans checking the site. Looking back Wall was the icing on the cake in that first class. After going through that last season of Gillespie , the hiring of Cal and the class he brought in, it was like one of those reality TV shows where they rebuild a house in a week. Everyone even the media didn't know what to make of it. It's crazy looking back how we were put back on the mountain top after Cal and that first class.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
@AaronsUKBBBlog: Jamal Murray tells Zagsblog he plans to take more recruiting visits and his decision may not be made for another two months

I think part of what's getting lost in this is he won't be playing/practicing with UK in the summer even if he does choose Kentucky.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out of the gate a little slow to start the season because he's dragging his decision out.

False. This was always going to be the case.

How do you know this? Haha no one knows anything. If he wasn't enamoured with UK on this visit and Adam is right then the chances of him playing at UK are probably very very low. Part of the UK experience is the ability to come in the summer and play with some of the best. I'm am making an estimation based on what we know about the kid. I believe he is unlikely at this point I have said if he didn't give us a verbal with in 48 hrs it doesn't bode well and this doesn't bode well. Not being negative just giving you a dose of truth

That's not a dose of truth, it just doesnt make any sense. He was never going to commit on the spot. 1st they have to make sure he will be able to reclassify before he can even think about committing to a school. I posted on HOB a few weeks ago that there was a good chance this things goes into the summer, so to me at least, there is nothing about this news that makes me feel any worse about our chances.

Reactions: KDcats11

You should go work for Obama or Putin. You do a great job of taking things out of context and then making it fit an agenda. Haha if you think he's headed to Lexington after taking visits to other schools put your money where your mouth is. Let's make a wager.

That's not a dose of truth, it just doesnt make any sense. He was never going to commit on the spot. 1st they have to make sure he will be able to reclassify before he can even think about committing to a school. I posted on HOB a few weeks ago that there was a good chance this things goes into the summer, so to me at least, there is nothing about this news that makes me feel any worse about our chances.

Your post on HOB means nothing. As for reclassifying I doubt that is even an issue if they are looking at colleges. If that were first thing then it would already be done eh? I'm not going to proclaim he is not coming to UK but if he is planning on other visits then the odds are very low at this point.

You should go work for Obama or Putin. You do a great job of taking things out of context and then making it fit an agenda. Haha if you think he's headed to Lexington after taking visits to other schools put your money where your mouth is. Let's make a wager.

How many recruits only visit one school? You don't know anything, you're just being negative and assuming the worst because it didn't go according to some made up standard in your head.

Why 48 hours? Why not 72 hours? What prior evidence do you have for this theory? Which school is he going to commit to? Which schools will he even visit? You can't just predict a negative result and call that a stance.

I think part of what's getting lost in this is he won't be playing/practicing with UK in the summer even if he does choose Kentucky.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out of the gate a little slow to start the season because he's dragging his decision out.

The Twns and Young experienced the same thing. It hurts a little, but high level talent can overcome.

I doubt it has any bearing on his decision, except if already knows where he wants to go, it might encourage him to go ahead and enroll.

Sounds to me like he is a kid making a tough, life altering decision.

Your post on HOB means nothing. As for reclassifying I doubt that is even an issue if they are looking at colleges. If that were first thing then it would already be done eh? I'm not going to proclaim he is not coming to UK but if he is planning on other visits then the odds are very low at this point.
That makes literally no sense. You're simply pulling crap out of your butt acting as if it's truth. Let the informed discuss from now on. I'd much rather hear what they have to say.

[laughing] Ok think what you want but you're wrong. My post on HOB was referenced because this news isn't surprising and was expected. God forbid he takes other visits(if he even does take other visits), has to be bad for UK eh?

Yeah I don't think it has any effect on his decision, I'm just saying we should probably cut him some slack to start the season if he picks UK.

He won't be on the same timetable as the other freshmen. I hope we don't forget that in November.

Can't be a good sign if he is adding schools to his list.

@jeffborzello: Jamal Murray's father told ESPN the Kentucky visit went well.

Mentioned Oregon, Michigan, Michigan St, Indiana, UConn as schools in the mix

Can't be a good sign if he is adding schools to his list.

@jeffborzello: Jamal Murray's father told ESPN the Kentucky visit went well.

Mentioned Oregon, Michigan, Michigan St, Indiana, UConn as schools in the mix

IU? What the hell has Clappy done to get kids to add them to the list? Strange recruiting year as I can remember. IMO, we are done for the year (based on the last 50 days).

Hope he and Thon Maker don't end up being some sort of package deal to IU! :mad::mad::mad::chairshot:

Last edited:
Reactions: caneintally
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT