ADVERTISEMENT

Jailhawks escape again

Missed calls do happen. But they seem to really happen at the Phog.

Announcers seemed to think that was a good call since the KSU player got his hand on the ball from behind as the dunk attempt took place. Referenced a block shot on a dunk attempt as the reason. I wasn't aware that it worked that way as I took thought it was a bad call when it took place. I was waiting for the zebras to take over but they just didn't in this game. Aside from those 2-3 calls the last 6 minutes I thought it was well called.

Kruger has 2, Smart has 1, Huggy with 1, and Weber has 1. But only one of those 5 was in the B12.

See a theme developing?

Last edited:
Home cooking is running rampant in college basketball.

You have to be a lot better than a team to even have a shot at beating someone at their place, in most cases.

Seems even more obvious this year than in the last few years.

Except that Kansas gets preferential treatment on the road as well. Watch the Nebraska game where KU was down the whole game, but won that game 73-72 with several highly questionable calls at the end. At TCU with 4:15 to go and the game tied, KU got whistled for 0 fouls while TCU was called for 7. I wonder if KU would have won if they didn't shoot 14 free throws during the last 4:15.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Absolutely. That was really bad.
No wonder KU wins the Big 12 every year,the other teams look for ways to give KU games instead of trying to win them.It is like they are afraid to beat Kansas,(Maybe they don't want their cars beat up)

Reactions: kev69
Except that Kansas gets preferential treatment on the road as well. Watch the Nebraska game where KU was down the whole game, but won that game 73-72 with several highly questionable calls at the end. At TCU with 4:15 to go and the game tied, KU got whistled for 0 fouls while TCU was called for 7. I wonder if KU would have won if they didn't shoot 14 free throws during the last 4:15.

You sure watch a lot of Kansas basketball

Reactions: cgreen423
And like clockwork, WVU craps the bed. I've told you guys that as long as Self is at KU, they will never lose the B12.

Kruger has 2, Smart has 1, Huggy with 1, and Weber has 1. But only one of those 5 was in the B12.

See a theme developing?
That Big 12 coaches can coach teams to final 4s? Huggins has 2, by the way-- 1 in 1992 with Cincinnati and one in 2010 with WVU. So 3 of 10 coaches have one in the Big 12... Not that that matters.

So, you're really going to try to downplay the fact that half of the coaches in the Big 12 have final fours (basically the achievement of all achievement to cement yourself as a good coach) and run with the "Bad Coaching" narrative? Okey dokey, bro. Have fun with that.

Last edited:
Official blew his whistle Inadvertently. Because the ball is loose and not in possession of either team, by rule, inadvertent whistle is awarded to team who has the possession arrow. (concerning the missed dunk play)

Official blew his whistle Inadvertently. Because the ball is loose and not in possession of either team, by rule, inadvertent whistle is awarded to team who has the possession arrow. (concerning the missed dunk play)
How convenient!

Horrible final possession for KState. Took way too long to get moving...
I agree. WTH was that guy thinking. He kept dribbling then launches a 26 footer that had little to no chance. even the announcers were saying, the clock is running out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT