ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden McDaniels plays Monday 11am on espnu

C - EJ/Richards
F - Whitney/McDaniels
F - McDaniels/Allen
G - Herro/IQ/Baker
G - Maxey/IQ

A starting five that can all shoot with efficiency. A lottery point guard. A leader in Herro. Two versatile lottery level forwards. A sophomore Montgomery dripping with lottery potential. Rim protection in Richards. A solid 6th man in IQ. Two good role players in Baker and Allen.

I like that roster more than anything we've had since 2015.
Herro and Whitney are playing 30 min a game next year. If McDaniels wants to play some backup SF to Whitney and backup EJ at the 4, then I’m all about bringing him in.

I love how McDaniels is "meh" now because he had one bad game; and this, after a summer, fall, and half-winter of playing like a top 5 pick. A week ago, you same gurus were ready to donate a kidney to land the kid.

Hilarious.

C - EJ/Richards
F - Whitney/McDaniels
F - McDaniels/Allen
G - Herro/IQ/Baker
G - Maxey/IQ

A starting five that can all shoot with efficiency. A lottery point guard. A leader in Herro. Two versatile lottery level forwards. A sophomore Montgomery dripping with lottery potential. Rim protection in Richards. A solid 6th man in IQ. Two good role players in Baker and Allen.

I like that roster more than anything we've had since 2015.

Not counting on any starter coming back. I think Herro will play himself into the first round and leave.

The rest looks good.

Starters

G Maxey
G Quickley
F Whitney
F McDaniels
F Montgomery

Bench

G Baker
G/F Allen
F Richards

It's rumored that Cal wants to run the DDMO again and wants mobile bigs like McDaniels and Montgomery at the 4 and 5.

I admit I was harsh in my criticism of his game today. However, I think we ALL want a guy that projects to be instant impact at the collegiate level. At this point I could care less what he projects to be as a pro! I’m a University of Kentucky fan, not a nba fan. If the guys that come to UK take care of business and hone their craft here, the nba business will more than take care of itself.

But in 5 years we will remember him as a superstar and claim him as another NBA player.
That BS must be clogging your ears.

Here are the UK guys who have really thrived in the NBA:

Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Knight for his 1st 5 years, Kanter, AD, Randle, WCS this year, KAT, Booker, Murray, and Fox, with SGA and Knox still TBD.

Now you tell me which one of those guys, other than the special case of Kanter, wasn't a really, really good player at UK, responsible for a LOT of W's?

This idea that there are guys who aren't NBA prospects that UK could be getting that would somehow lead to more team success for UK is idiotic.

I’ve been saying for a while that McDaniels is ranked due to potential more than ability right now. I think he’d be a really good PF for us next year but I wouldn’t expect a game changing super star next season.....

I love how McDaniels is "meh" now because he had one bad game; and this, after a summer, fall, and half-winter of playing like a top 5 pick. A week ago, you same gurus were ready to donate a kidney to land the kid.

Hilarious.

I would love to have the kid, because I think he would be here at least 2 years, because of his frame. One bad shooting game doesn't mean much. However, I don't think he is critical for next year, since he likes to roam around the perimeter and face the basket. We have Allen who is a better shooter, and Whitney who is more physical. I just don't believe he is a 4 at this point, and we are covered at 3.

Reactions: jace2012
Too bad Cal didn’t sign the Miss St center 4 yrs ago. He has improved greatly and would have been great for us last year and this year. Type of player we need.

Oh if we could see the future and get some do overs, lol. I have a few I could add. :)

I would love to have the kid, because I think he would be here at least 2 years, because of his frame. One bad shooting game doesn't mean much. However, I don't think he is critical for next year, since he likes to roam around the perimeter and face the basket. We have Allen who is a better shooter, and Whitney who is more physical. I just don't believe he is a 4 at this point, and we are covered at 3.
It is because of his height that people are enamored with him. As it stands we will have 2 interior players next year, depending on what Wash does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT