ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Pilgrim thinks we don't get Hunter because of our practice facility

We better hope and pray at this point that he returns :flush:

Or that we can get Hunter or Holland/Nelson, etc.

Otherwise this will be our worst front court since 2020 and probably 2013 before that.
Sorry. Bradshaw at the 5 and Nelson at the 4 would be pretty freakin awesome.

Listened to most of the pod, key takeaways for those that hadn’t listened:
-confirmed Ralph for Welch being added as player development coach
-didn’t think much is happening on the assistant front
-doesn’t think we get Hunter
-does think we then talk Oscar into coming back
-does expect Reeves to return
-did not think Bradshaw would be happy if we got Holland. Almost insinuated that would push him to G League.
Hey Fitch. Did he say why on Bradshaw and Holland? That makes no sense to me.

Pilgrim doesn't know sh!t. He just guesses. Usually he says we will get a guy and also that we won't. So he's always right and always wrong.

He’s as connected to UK as anyone currently. Recruiting changes on an hourly basis sometimes. It’s not really an exact science ya know. You can hate on the KSR all you want but nobody has been more right through the years on UK guys. That’s just a fact.

-did not think Bradshaw would be happy if we got Holland. Almost insinuated that would push him to G League.

So this is interesting- he thinks we talk Oscar into returning?

I am 1,000% GREAT with that. Oscar & Bradshaw with Ugonna backing up is a killer front court.

Get Reeves back, land one more scorer, and that puts us at preseason #1 probably.

These kids want everything shiny and new, tradition and school mean nothing now. It’s all about the almighty dollar, you can’t build something new every 10 years just to keep up with other programs. Maybe if you win more than we have lately it might help things. This nil is slowly Killing college sports, that and the silly musical chair transfer rules. Our facilities should be good enough for any potential player.

Hey Fitch. Did he say why on Bradshaw and Holland? That makes no sense to me.
Not really it was an odd segment. I think Shawn Smith asked him if Holland coming would impact anyone being here and it seemed leading to Adou maybe not seeing a clear role, but Pilgrim instead said Bradshaw. This was also mixed in with an opinion of his that one of HD/OT is here next year.

It felt like there was some weird Bradshaw energy between how his commitment went down and kinda flirtation last summer with the G League. Also Bradshaw no showed the Iverson Classic that was right in his town for a “injury”…Bradshaw has been working out on IG so that definitely sounds strange.

So in short, reading WAYYYYY too far into things and guessing. I would say Bradshaw’s camp would entertain the professional route if much changes his expected role here at UK.

• Wow
Reactions: track42
He’s as connected to UK as anyone currently. Recruiting changes on an hourly basis sometimes. It’s not really an exact science ya know. You can hate on the KSR all you want but nobody has been more right through the years on UK guys. That’s just a fact.
Bradshaw was one of the players reaching out to Holland when he got out of his Texas LOI to look at Kentucky. I don't expect Holland to end up in Lexington but was still cool to see Bradshaw reach out.

If I remember right Jack is a big fan of Cal. How convenient for Cal, for Jack to criticize and insinuate we lose recruits over something Cal and Mitch are arguing about. I say if he walks because of a practice facility, which we all know is bs, then let him.

Last edited:
Reactions: track42
Oscar not making a decision can't be helping. Guys want to start. I still think Hunter is waiting on Oscar, but a sweet NIL deal could lure him away.

So this is interesting- he thinks we talk Oscar into returning?

I am 1,000% GREAT with that. Oscar & Bradshaw with Ugonna backing up is a killer front court.

Get Reeves back, land one more scorer, and that puts us at preseason #1 probably.
What about Livingston?

He's right every time. He says both things. No one at KSR is connected to anything. Matt Jones is a dookie. The rest are just following lead to get a paycheck.

Oscar not making a decision can't be helping. Guys want to start. I still think Hunter is waiting on Oscar, but a sweet NIL deal could lure him away.
Tshiebwe already told the program if they can get someone, go get them. He's focused on getting to the NBA and really doesn't want to go back to CBB. His camp is the one who thinks there is a bigger payday for him in CBB than in Pro ball.

Nothing is holding Dickinson from choosing Kentucky other than he may prefer another school.

Reactions: christophero
Tshiebwe already told the program if they can get someone, go get them. He's focused on getting to the NBA and really doesn't want to go back to CBB. His camp is the one who thinks there is a bigger payday for him in CBB than in Pro ball.

Nothing is holding Dickinson from choosing Kentucky other than he may prefer another school.
The highest payday.

He's right every time. He says both things. No one at KSR is connected to anything. Matt Jones is a dookie. The rest are just following lead to get a paycheck.

Nah, that’s really not true at all but ok. Jack is very specific about what he knows vs hearsay. Do you even listen to his podcast?

Oh, that explains your opinion. It’s all about Matt Jones hate. Anything attached to KSR is garbage! Gotcha! 😂

Reactions: Tubbyfan78
Nah, that’s really not true at all but ok. Jack is very specific about what he knows vs hearsay. Do you even listen to his podcast?

Oh, that explains your opinion. It’s all about Matt Jones hate. Anything attached to KSR is garbage! Gotcha! 😂
There's 3 types of people who hate KSR and Matt Jones; non UK fans, politics guy and Cal apologist guy. 99% of the detractors fall into one of those there categories.

Kyle Tucker is hinting at Dickinson not coming here now so he probably isn’t coming here, he said he was underwhelmed by the facilities, and that his hunch is Oscar comes back and one more wildcats transfers

I have a hard time believing we'd lose a player because he didn't like the practice facility.
More likely to lose a player because another team is offering more in terms of NIL than anything else.

Reactions: mc140
There's 3 types of people who hate KSR and Matt Jones; non UK fans, politics guy and Cal apologist guy. 99% of the detractors fall into one of those there categories.

Completely agree. Seems like a ton of the haters will hate based off politics. Thats so sad but we see it here everyday. That’s when they all lose credibility. If you can’t look past Matt’s political views to focus on what we have in common (which is being a UK fan), then you have zero credibility in my opinion. How can any comment be taken seriously when there is an political agenda? Anyone who bases their opinion off politics is just as guilty of vomiting agenda driven hate as anyone, regardless of political view. Luckily, as a person with logic, I can separate political views and accept all into the UK fan experience. I could care less about politics when talking UK. Maybe I’m unique but I think it’s basic common logic. Seems like many others cannot separate the two, which is absolutely just sad.
KSR has been very critical of Cal for several years now. They’ve been so critical, that Cal won’t come on the show anymore. You can hate KSR all you want but you can’t claim that they’ve been Cal fanboys over the past few years. All of them have seen everything that we all have seen as fans. They’re all fans too and want to see the program succeed first. They’re fans first and have been honest with their thoughts over these last rough seasons. What more could ask as a talk show? Matt does not hide the fact that he used to be Cal’s guy but is not because of the way that he has criticized the program over the recent years. Yet some here will still call him a Cal fanboy. Just makes me scratch my head.
That still doesn’t discredit Jack though. Yet, the haters here want to try and discredit him simply because he is attached to KSR. That’s just absolutely ridiculous. It’s just a politically driven view against KSR. Nobody has been more accurate with UK news over the years than KSR. That’s just a fact. If folks think that KSR is kissing Cal’s ass all day, they obviously haven’t listen to the show in years.

Not trying to rant (I know, too late) but I just get so tired of people using politics as a reason to hate. If you can’t look past someone political views to be friends with someone or to appreciate what they say, then you are the problem. Either side! I’m a Republican myself (irrelevant) but it disgust me to see folks hate someone simply because of politics. Sadly, we see more and more of it everyday. Can’t deal with all this constant hate and its just sad that folks can’t separate politics from being a sports fan. It’s actually pathetic.

Last edited:
I have a hard time believing we'd lose a player because he didn't like the practice facility.
More likely to lose a player because another team is offering more in terms of NIL than anything else.

Pilgram did not say we will lose Hunter due to the practice facilities. Not what he said at all. He said that Hunter raved about the Kansas facilities and that we needed to address ours if we expected to be the gold standard of college Bball. He stated that it obviously was not a huge deal with recruiting because we still landed the top class but that it was something to address in the future. Said we should address it piece by piece. That’s all he said. Never stated that we will lose Hunter due to the practice facilities.

Folks this is about NIL money and which school this kid thinks will help h8m get to the pros the best. If the practice facility is really his deciding factor, I say Vaya con dios

These kids want everything shiny and new, tradition and school mean nothing now. It’s all about the almighty dollar, you can’t build something new every 10 years just to keep up with other programs. Maybe if you win more than we have lately it might help things. This nil is slowly Killing college sports, that and the silly musical chair transfer rules. Our facilities should be good enough for any potential player.
It doesn't help that it's been EIGHT YEARS since UK made a Final Four. Opposing coaches will find anything and everything to use against other coaches.

the best part of all of this is there is no money for Cal's buyout but dumptrucks full of NIL money

just think what that NIL money could have done for a practice facility

(and before someone jumps into correct me, yes I know where NIL money comes from)

its all potential donation money in the end one way or another. There is a finite amount in the system to be had

Last edited:
Reactions: NociHTTP
The biggest issue I have is no matter what people think of Calipari, it was reported he had privately gotten donations from ex players who are in the NBA and gladly would give a ****load of $ to improve the facilities and was told to hold off. If that is true, then fans should be upset because it's about keeping the program's stature and competitiveness among the elite well after Calipari's done coaching. You see it in CFB all the time--someone upgrades--another copies or one ups--they respond. It's how business is done.

Again-if the UK NBA family want to help donate for upgrades--then it's absurd and malpractice by Mitch Barnhart not to give this the okay and move forward.
Jesus, y’all are still on this nonsense. BS was reported. He allegedly had $30 million in pledges for a practice facility estimated to cost $70 million+. What’s obsurd is the weird obsession over a damn basketball practice facility. Here is Kansas’ facility, can someone tell me what is special about this?

Last edited:
Cal - "I'll give you some inside info if you help me put pressure on Mitch to get a new practice facility."

Pilgrim - "Sure thing."

Pilgrim - "Kentucky likely loses Dickinson because of practice facility."

Cal - "See I told you we needed a new facility."

Mitch - "Here take this money."

Seriously though, I wouldn't invest a single penny into the basketball team under Cal until he shows something and if he doesn't like it, he can take a hike.

bye-felicia-door.gif

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Would not think so but this is what has been put out there. Which is why it's a very simple solution. Someone just needs to ask Cal and Barnhart the question and get their response.
It was asked and answered. Barnhart said Cal had $30 million in pledges, no actual money on hand for a facility that would cost $70 million. Y’all are saying he said no to a free facility as if Cal had all the funding needed. The Joe Craft Center cost $30 million and y’all think you can build a new one today with construction costs and inflation for the same money? Y’all can be sold any lie just like that “offensive coordinator “ for basketball BS.

Last edited:
Kids these days are so afraid of competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT