ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Pilgrim thinks we don't get Hunter because of our practice facility

I can't stand Joel Justus. He makes me sick to my stomach. I do think it's time to upgrade the Craft center by the way.
I agree and it has 0 to do with John Calipari.

You already know about Golden Boy. The decline of the program came with the elevation of his profile and influence. They've righted the recruiting, now it's time to bring in John Welch and make the product better and win more games. He will be a great asset in terms of player development and wanting to be in the gym with the team/guys individually.

I agree and it has 0 to do with John Calipari.

You already know about Golden Boy. The decline of the program came with the elevation of his profile and influence. They've righted the recruiting, now it's time to bring in John Welch and make the product better and win more games. He will be a great asset in terms of player development and wanting to be in the gym with the team/guys individually.
Yeah Mitch blocking it is a joke. I mean you have Ex players and Cal himself paying out of pocket for a state of the art facility and Mitch blocks it? What's it to him? Its a privately funded facility. Mitch is just a weird dude. He goes on the radio last December and says ''the balls bounce our way here and there we are a top 5 team'' after we lost to UCLA. Just a joke of an AD. Rifle team is good though.

Yeah Mitch blocking it is a joke. I mean you have Ex players and Cal himself paying out of pocket for a state of the art facility and Mitch blocks it? What's it to him? Its a privately funded facility. Mitch is just a weird dude. He goes on the radio last December and says ''the balls bounce our way here and there we are a top 5 team'' after we lost to UCLA. Just a joke of an AD. Rifle team is good though.
Good post.

Who are these "ton of teams"? I find this very
hard to believe. 5-6 years ago we were "The Gold Standard of CBB" "We don't play CBB, We
ARE CBB" ...on and on. Now all of a sudden sudden that we are not the"it" thing , it's not the coaches fault,it's because our facilities suck. Give me a break!

Dude did you even read my post?

Like seriously- is reading the entire post too difficult?

I LITERALLY said that we should be frustrated with Cal's lack of success on the court- when and WHERE did I say that the lack of success is BECAUSE OF the facilities??

Let me answer that for you- I never f*cking said that.

You can "find it hard to believe" all you want but it's true. Our facilities suck. But that has NOTHING to do with our lack of success on the court. But it's still true, our facilities SUCK.

When did all these Kentucky fans become okay with us being second rate in ANYTHING.

We should be the absolute gold standard ON THE COURT, and with our FACILITIES. Right now we are the gold standard in neither.

Not that difficult of a concept.

Dude I know for a fact (because I live here and I have toured both) that f*cking South Florida MBB has a better practice facility than Kentucky, and Orlando Antigua has said the same (another guy who is pretty familiar with both).

VCU, Maryland, West Virginia, Gonzaga, Texas, Kansas, Duke, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, USF, South Carolina, Providence, NC State, Louisville, Tennessee, etc. etc. etc. all have newer and nicer basketball facilities than us. This is just a short list. Look up any of those school and you'll see them, this is just a few.

Joe Craft is almost 20 years old and has barely been touched since- do you know how far college facilities have come in 20 years?

Bama football built a new facility in 2011 and then did it AGAIN in 2020- are we not supposed to hold ourselves to the same level as Bama football?

Let me reiterate since you missed it the first time- it has NOTHING to do with our lack of success on the court, facilities are NOT the reason we have sucked lately on the court. Zero correlation.

But our facilities do SUCK! It's just a fact.

And I am personally not okay with Kentucky Basketball being second or third rate in ANYTHING.

So on the court, let's give Cal one more year, and part ways if he doesn't get it done.

But regardless, let's f*cking take the $30-$40 million dollars that Cal has raised and build a brand new f*cking practice facility.

Not difficult.

Dude did you even read my post?

Like seriously- is reading the entire post too difficult?

I LITERALLY said that we should be frustrated with Cal's lack of success on the court- when and WHERE did I say that the lack of success is BECAUSE OF the facilities??

Let me answer that for you- I never f*cking said that.

You can "find it hard to believe" all you want but it's true. Our facilities suck. But that has NOTHING to do with our lack of success on the court. But it's still true, our facilities SUCK.

When did all these Kentucky fans become okay with us being second rate in ANYTHING.

We should be the absolute gold standard ON THE COURT, and with our FACILITIES. Right now we are the gold standard in neither.

Not that difficult of a concept.

Dude I know for a fact (because I live here and I have toured both) that f*cking South Florida MBB has a better practice facility than Kentucky, and Orlando Antigua has said the same (another guy who is pretty familiar with both).

VCU, Maryland, West Virginia, Gonzaga, Texas, Kansas, Duke, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, USF, South Carolina, Providence, NC State, Louisville, Tennessee, etc. etc. etc. all have newer and nicer basketball facilities than us. This is just a short list. Look up any of those school and you'll see them, this is just a few.

Joe Craft is almost 20 years old and has barely been touched since- do you know how far college facilities have come in 20 years?

Bama football built a new facility in 2011 and then did it AGAIN in 2020- are we not supposed to hold ourselves to the same level as Bama football?

Let me reiterate since you missed it the first time- it has NOTHING to do with our lack of success on the court, facilities are NOT the reason we have sucked lately on the court. Zero correlation.

But our facilities do SUCK! It's just a fact.

And I am personally not okay with Kentucky Basketball being second or third rate in ANYTHING.

So on the court, let's give Cal one more year, and part ways if he doesn't get it done.

But regardless, let's f*cking take the $30-$40 million dollars that Cal has raised and build a brand new f*cking practice facility.

Not difficult.
Just another Internet opinion but I think you would be dropping excuses like rain if Cal sucks another year .. its what you do . defend him ...

anyway I knew we shoulda spent 9.99$ at WalmartsSSSS to put nets up on our rims .. terrible facilities , just terrible , Morehead is waaaaaaaa nicer and South East Western Florida and and and .. SMH

Can we please take the 30-40 mil and invest in a guy that still wants to win ???????????????????

Just another Internet opinion but I think you would be dropping excuses like rain if Cal sucks another year .. its what you do . defend him ...

anyway I knew we shoulda spent 9.99$ at WalmartsSSSS to put nets up on our rims .. terrible facilities , just terrible , Morehead is waaaaaaaa nicer and South East Western Florida and and and .. SMH

Can we please take the 30-40 mil and invest in a guy that still wants to win ???????????????????

WTF?! Show me where I have defended him?! Are you confusing me with someone else?!

The mental acuity on this message board baffles me sometimes.

I am NOT a Cal apologist and you cannot show where I am- feel free to go back through my posts since the season was going on and since the season ended- you won't find one post of mine defending him.

Please provide the proof if you want to sling nonsense that isn't accurate.

Can we take 30-40 mil and invest in a guy that wants to win?! YES. Absolutely. I literally just said that if Cal doesn't get it done this year, it is absolutely time to part ways. It was probably time to part ways 2 years ago.

But you just make stuff up and act like I'm a Cal apologist with zero proof and zero sense in reality?

I will just assume you are potentially confusing me with someone else because that is the only reasonable explanation.

Whether someone loves or hates Cal, as fans we should always want our facilities to be the best. Including since we’re the most valuable basketball program in the country.

Thank you. Common sense prevails finally.

And I doubt very much that anybody on this board loves Cal at this point but we should all agree that we want the best of the best in facilities for when the new coach takes over.

No idea why this causes people to take sides, this is a pretty cut and dry issue.

Football, volleyball, baseball, softball, track & field, soccer, tennis, and f*cking Rifle have all gotten new facilities in the time span that Joe Craft opened.

That is unacceptable for Kentucky basketball.

Hunter might have also cost us Oscar.Uk and Cal fawning over that big POS while basically announcing Oscar to the NBA himself.If I was him I wouldn't return.

We better hope and pray at this point that he returns :flush:

Or that we can get Hunter or Holland/Nelson, etc.

Otherwise this will be our worst front court since 2020 and probably 2013 before that.

Thank you. Common sense prevails finally.

And I doubt very much that anybody on this board loves Cal at this point but we should all agree that we want the best of the best in facilities for when the new coach takes over.

No idea why this causes people to take sides, this is a pretty cut and dry issue.

Football, volleyball, baseball, softball, track & field, soccer, tennis, and f*cking Rifle have all gotten new facilities in the time span that Joe Craft opened.

That is unacceptable for Kentucky basketball.

You included football in that list of programs?!??? I agree basketball should be ahead of all those (except for football—based on revenue and need)

Last edited:
WTF?! Show me where I have defended him?! Are you confusing me with someone else?!

The mental acuity on this message board baffles me sometimes.

I am NOT a Cal apologist and you cannot show where I am- feel free to go back through my posts since the season was going on and since the season ended- you won't find one post of mine defending him.

Please provide the proof if you want to sling nonsense that isn't accurate.

Can we take 30-40 mil and invest in a guy that wants to win?! YES. Absolutely. I literally just said that if Cal doesn't get it done this year, it is absolutely time to part ways. It was probably time to part ways 2 years ago.

But you just make stuff up and act like I'm a Cal apologist with zero proof and zero sense in reality?

I will just assume you are potentially confusing me with someone else because that is the only reasonable explanation.
ah .. ok exhale .. lol. my most sincere apologies

You included football in that list of programs?!???

Did Football not get a new practice facility and now they are working on a new indoor for them?

Just listing all of the programs at Kentucky that have received one, sometimes two facility upgrades in the time since Joe Craft opened.

Football is obviously the only one that should be up there.

Just quit. Your bashing Cal gets old. Is that the only thing you can think of. Get a life.
Your love of this crap coach is old. Just because you accept mediocre results that's on you. Some expect more from the highest paid coach in college. Do you think ccc has earned his pay since 2015? Most don't.

Don’t like Pilgram. But he didn’t really say UK would lose him over this.
No he didn’t it’s really a stretch to claim this I just heard the podcast they pressed him to say who he thought he said slight edge to Kansas bc they are willing to match any NLI and that he had raved about his visit and their facilities. That’s not the same thing no matter how hard op wants it to be.

Reactions: kl40504
No he didn’t it’s really a stretch to claim this I just heard the podcast they pressed him to say who he thought he said slight edge to Kansas bc they are willing to match any NLI and that he had raved about his visit and their facilities. That’s not the same thing no matter how hard op wants it to be.
BS.They ranted about Mitch at the start of the show.

He was going to kick in as well. The number was he had $30-$40 Million and just need to be given the okay to move forward. He was responsible for raising it and kicked in himself. So this is one aspect I'm just asking if it's true or not. If that's true-then it's asinine to not let them do this on their own.
Surely Barnhart isn't that stupid to reject basically a free facility. If he is, then he should have terminated on the spot. No business would reject a donation of that amount

Surely Barnhart isn't that stupid to reject basically a free facility. If he is, then he should have terminated on the spot. No business would reject a donation of that amount
We have Cal's word about this and he never tells a lie so it has to be true.

Reactions: UK till Death
Barnhart isn’t blocking anything. That’s just Cal trying to stir things up to deflect from his performance.

In 2012 we built the Wildcat Coal Lodge. Just 4 years later, we made major upgrades to the Lodge. In 2018, we made updates to the lockers in the Joe Craft Center. Also in 2018, we also renewed our Ruple Arena lease and agreed to basically double the amount of lease payments to help with obtaining the massive upgrades that have been made to Rupp Arena.

Let’s not act like we haven’t investing a ton of money in the basketball program, because that’s simply not true.

Instead of Cal trying to stir up trouble through the press, maybe he should spend some time focusing on coaching a team.

Listened to most of the pod, key takeaways for those that hadn’t listened:
-confirmed Ralph for Welch being added as player development coach
-didn’t think much is happening on the assistant front
-doesn’t think we get Hunter
-does think we then talk Oscar into coming back
-does expect Reeves to return
-did not think Bradshaw would be happy if we got Holland. Almost insinuated that would push him to G League.

Listened to most of the pod, key takeaways for those that hadn’t listened:
-confirmed Ralph for Welch being added as player development coach
-didn’t think much is happening on the assistant front
-doesn’t think we get Hunter
-does think we then talk Oscar into coming back
-does expect Reeves to return
-did not think Bradshaw would be happy if we got Holland. Almost insinuated that would push him to G League.
So once again held hostage by a player who wants to play a position he's not suited for.The season is over before it begins.

Barnhart isn’t blocking anything. That’s just Cal trying to stir things up to deflect from his performance.

In 2012 we built the Wildcat Coal Lodge. Just 4 years later, we made major upgrades to the Lodge. In 2018, we made updates to the lockers in the Joe Craft Center. Also in 2018, we also renewed our Ruple Arena lease and agreed to basically double the amount of lease payments to help with obtaining the massive upgrades that have been made to Rupp Arena.

Let’s not act like we haven’t investing a ton of money in the basketball program, because that’s simply not true.

Instead of Cal trying to stir up trouble through the press, maybe he should spend some time focusing on coaching a team.
Cry me a river

Would not think so but this is what has been put out there. Which is why it's a very simple solution. Someone just needs to ask Cal and Barnhart the question and get their response.

So once again held hostage by a player who wants to play a position he's not suited for.The season is over before it begins.
Next year will be keeping Bradshaw and his oh god...H A N D L E R S happy. Cal has gotta make good on those recruiting promises.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
How about we take double that amount and put it towards a 7-5 football coach. Because that's what we did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT