ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Pilgrim: Livingston NOT returning to UK

Will go to NBA if a first round pick (Klutch working on it). If not, he will enter transfer portal. A return to Lexington, “is not happening.”
Livingston is a good player and the type I would like to see return. The fact that a return "is not happening" is more evidence that Calipari is poison to this program. Just unbelievable the cluster we sadly have to claim as our own. POISON.

This is ridiculous. I liked Livingston. I think he was one of the few players on this team that gave it his all most games. But he is out of his mind if he thinks he is a 1st round pick. He just isnt. Cal has really turned this program into a joke.
I hope he speaks Yiddish.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Livingston is a good player and the type I would like to see return. The fact that a return "is not happening" is more evidence that Calipari is poison to this program. Just unbelievable the cluster we sadly have to claim as our own. POISON.
I have many complaints about Cal but Klutch is far more toxic than Cal.

Say what you want, if true, this is a blow. Livingston is a true hustler and go getter on the court. Always plays hard and I thought his jump shot was getting better and better towards the end of the year as he gained confidence.

Reactions: FltDoc
Very replaceable because he didn't put up huge numbers as a freshman and missed some big shots down the stretch.

Imagine if we felt that way about Tony Delk. This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about ....
Delk himself has said he almost transferred out after his freshmen year

Livingston just got Livingstoned. He did it himself to Bryce Hopkins. Now Edwards is doing it to him. He doesn’t want to play the 4.

I can understand if Livingston going to the NBA if he good enough which I don't think he is but hard to understand why he would transfer he played as much as anyone just about.

No I was saying he won’t be first round pick unless his agency steps in
I can't see any NBA team letting an agency determine their 1st round pick. At most they might get him an individual workout with a few teams. Then it's up to him to impress them. I give him a <5% chance of being a 1st round pick. Heck I'd say probably a 20% (or higher) chance of not getting drafted at all.

Livingston just got Livingstoned. He did it himself to Bryce Hopkins. Now Edwards is doing it to him. He doesn’t want to play the 4.
He & his agency are just stupid then.
What is the difference in being the 3 and the 4? Really?
This year Toppin (4) spent most his time on the 3pt line just like Livingston (3). They both drove, left to right, to the basket some. Neither posted-up much. Toppin did flash to the FT line some for mid-range jumpers,
I guess the real difference is Toppin mostly guarded taller guys than Livingston. Well dude!!! The NBA is full of tall dudes. Heck there are a lot of PGs either taller, as tall, or almost as tall as Livingston. So he better get used to guarding taller dudes, so seems like he should want to be the 4.

I can't see any NBA team letting an agency determine their 1st round pick. At most they might get him an individual workout with a few teams. Then it's up to him to impress them. I give him a <5% chance of being a 1st round pick. Heck I'd say probably a 20% (or higher) chance of not getting drafted at all.
Pilgrim hints at clutch being able to influence it enough to get picked late first round, I wouldn’t waste a first on Livingston but a good NBA team might as a favor

He was given every opportunity to shine. So if he hated it here, we are better off without him.
He was injured all the time. If he could have an injury free season we would see what he can do. Problem is it doesn’t seem like he can stay healthy. But if he does with guards like Wagner, and Reed to get him the ball I believe he would shine.

He & his agency are just stupid then.
What is the difference in being the 3 and the 4? Really?
This year Toppin (4) spent most his time on the 3pt line just like Livingston (3). They both drove, left to right, to the basket some. Neither posted-up much. Toppin did flash to the FT line some for mid-range jumpers,
I guess the real difference is Toppin mostly guarded taller guys than Livingston. Well dude!!! The NBA is full of tall dudes. Heck there are a lot of PGs either taller, as tall, or almost as tall as Livingston. So he better get used to guarding taller dudes, so seems like he should want to be the 4.
You only hear that 4 crap here. From people without a clue but an axe to grind.

One more year of this stupidity. Then Cal hangs it up I think

Then we can start getting guys that care about basketball outside of themselves

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT