ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Pilgrim: Livingston NOT returning to UK

Seems obvious then. Chris was promised the 3. He isn’t quite good enough for NBA, but handlers are going to try to make it happen. We have a guy coming in that Cal has promised that spot to, so Chris would either have to play the 4 or come off bench. That ain’t happening. So transfer if NBA doesn’t work.
It’s been reported that Klutch views Livingston as a SG/SF…..which is completely out of touch with his current skill level. Dude can’t dribble without the ball being taken away from him at the college level but you want him to be a NBA combo guard/forward? The piece of this that people overlook is how much the NBA drafts on “potential.” As a former Top 10 recruit you can argue that the lack of production is justified. However the longer you stay in the college and the older you get the less “potential” you have in the eyes of the NBA. So it’s a risk to leave too early but it’s also a risk to stay in college too long for your draft stock.

I was a little skeptical on your claim about Miller, but I went back in your posts and to your credit you are correct. I thought you may have been confusing him for Leonard Miller but was wrong. Looks like you saw the Miller talent in the offseason. Side note but I don't think many realize how bad of a NCAA tournament he had. He was obviously better then CL for the regular season but I believe I saw where he has the worst Field Goal percentage of any player ever in the tourny with at least 35 attempts. (19%)
He did have a terrible tournament. Seems like I read he was rehabbing an injury maybe. IMO, he was the one guy teams had to shut down and SDSU did a great job of that. Always thought it was the key to beating them, even though they had a bunch of other weapons.

It’s been reported that Klutch views Livingston as a SG/SF…..which is completely out of touch with his current skill level. Dude can’t dribble without the ball being taken away from him at the college level but you want him to be a NBA combo guard/forward? The piece of this that people overlook is how much the NBA drafts on “potential.” As a former Top 10 recruit you can argue that the lack of production is justified. However the longer you stay in the college and the older you get the less “potential” you have in the eyes of the NBA. So it’s a risk to leave too early but it’s also a risk to stay in college too long for your draft stock.
You’re exactly right. He just doesn’t have elite wing skills/attributes. He struggled pretty bad here with driving the ball.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
This has nothing to do with Chris unfortunately, but his handlers. They did not like the way he was used here. Dude averaged 6 and 4 and missed every big shot he took down the stretch. Let him go. He's very replaceable.

This has nothing to do with Chris unfortunately, but his handlers. They did not like the way he was used here. Dude averaged 6 and 4 and missed every big shot he took down the stretch. Let him go. He's very replaceable.
Very replaceable because he didn't put up huge numbers as a freshman and missed some big shots down the stretch.

Imagine if we felt that way about Tony Delk. This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about ....

His shot is broken right now….we need a stretch 4 who can really SHOOT because I’m not sold either of Wagner or Dilly will be able to consistently hit outside shots next year.

Very replaceable because he didn't put up huge numbers as a freshman and missed some big shots down the stretch.

Imagine if we felt that way about Tony Delk. This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about ....
But that’s just it, this kid and his handlers had NO intention of coming back for another year EVEN with those pedestrian numbers and a lack of skills needed to thrive.

That’s why ALL of this is on Cal!!! Why bring in a kid that is demanding to play out of position, isn’t going to be at a level that will make the team better and WON’T return to help in the future???!!!

Cal is taking too many of these type of kids lately that aren’t good enough to help right away AND are _ell bent on leaving as soon as they get here.

Tony Delk’s era was TOTALLY different than what is going on now. It has NOTHING to do with fans WANTING Chris to stay, we ALL want that!!

Look I wanted him back, but it's not happening so it's time to move on. He has a lot of upside, especially in college but it is what it is.

As for Tony Delk comparison, that was a different time. We knew Delk was coming in a for a while. Livingston was never going to be here for more than 1-2 years.

Look I wanted him back, but it's not happening so it's time to move on. He has a lot of upside, especially in college but it is what it is.

As for Tony Delk comparison, that was a different time. We knew Delk was coming in a for a while. Livingston was never going to be here for more than 1-2 years.
I only mentioned Tony Delk because he had a poor game in the 1995 Elite Eight against UNC. We could have said no big loss if he left. Instead he came back, was an All-American, and Final Four MOP after hitting 7 3s in the national championship game. Guys get better.

His shot is broken right now….we need a stretch 4 who can really SHOOT because I’m not sold either of Wagner or Dilly will be able to consistently hit outside shots next year.

Yes. His handlers obviously. But, he was used here pretty much how they wanted. Kid played the 3 and started. Should have played the 4 off the bench. Just looks like a Cal promise he had to hold up. He didn’t perform, it’s on him.

And yes, his shot is broken, but can be fixed. Needs to move his left hand, it’s too far up; pushing the ball.

I only mentioned Tony Delk because he had a poor game in the 1995 Elite Eight against UNC. We could have said no big loss if he left. Instead he came back, was an All-American, and Final Four MOP after hitting 7 3s in the national championship game. Guys get better.
Delk improved because Pitino worked him hard to improve, isn't the case now
guys get better when they are coached
UK has no coach & players rarely improve
Hero & Bam improved tremendously in their 1st year in the NBA because they had some coaches
Does ccc even have the individual instruction like Pitino did

Seems obvious then. Chris was promised the 3. He isn’t quite good enough for NBA, but handlers are going to try to make it happen. We have a guy coming in that Cal has promised that spot to, so Chris would either have to play the 4 or come off bench. That ain’t happening. So transfer if NBA doesn’t work.
can't be true that ccc promises things............he said they have to earn it ;)

WT actual F…kid wanted to play the 3 so Cal played him at the 3…started most of the last half of the season…there’s jus no pleasing some people.

Reactions: Fox2monk
WT actual F…kid wanted to play the 3 so Cal played him at the 3…started most of the last half of the season…there’s jus no pleasing some people.
Overreact much? Did you miss where I said I wanted him back? But that's not happening. His production is replaceable. Is what it is. Geez.

Overreact much? Did you miss where I said I wanted him back? But that's not happening. His production is replaceable. Is what it is. Geez.
His freshman production is replaceable. But that's only if you don't expect any improvement from freshman to sophomore year (where most guys improve the MOST) and you think he's going to duplicate the exact same production next year. Most people would expect sophomore Livingston to put up bigger numbers than freshman Livingston. Production being replaceable isn't in a vacuum.

Yes. His handlers obviously. But, he was used here pretty much how they wanted. Kid played the 3 and started. Should have played the 4 off the bench. Just looks like a Cal promise he had to hold up. He didn’t perform, it’s on him.

And yes, his shot is broken, but can be fixed. Needs to move his left hand, it’s too far up; pushing the ball.
If he wasn’t coming back then Cal should have said tough shit and played him at his best spot.

Him leaving drops us from 3 rd preseason to 6th. But the big one awaits Oscar. If he leaves 11th.

I’m personally glad go get a stretch 4 that has skill
Livingston can’t pass dribble or shoot
Typical Cal athlete
Pretty standard around here. Everyone complain Hopkins left that showed nothing and you want Livingston to leave smh
A year off can be a huge difference
Look at pj, Hopkins, IQ

The challenge today is getting players to play complimentary roles. What legit PG is going to come in and play behind Wagner? You can say the same about the other 3. Then Bradshaw comes out and says he is a 3-4. Bradshaw isn’t coming to sit. Cal is notorious for playing 7 guys. I wouldn’t worry about Livingston. Find a guys that wants to win that are a good college players that can push the freshman. Reeves would be a good start.

NIL at UK makes this very likely.

The challenge today is getting players to play complimentary roles. What legit PG is going to come in and play behind Wagner? You can say the same about the other 3. Then Bradshaw comes out and says he is a 3-4. Bradshaw isn’t coming to sit. Cal is notorious for playing 7 guys. I wouldn’t worry about Livingston. Find a guys that wants to win that are a good college players that can push the freshman. Reeves would be a good start.

NIL at UK makes this very likely.

Meanwhile duke just got back Mitchell and Procter and a decent chance they get Filipowski back, they will be loaded. Kentucky can’t even get back a guy who is a guaranteed 2nd round pick unless his agency steps In
Don't you have it backwards. We are likely to get him back, unless his agency steps in.

I really don’t want CJ back. He barely played, and when he did, he sucked. I want to keep Reeves and Livingston.

Toppin just announced. Wallace and Oscar are close to 100 percent gone.

Livingston out. Puff Johnson in.😎
Puff ain’t worth a damn.
Not saying Livingston was great, but obviously ain’t gonna give himself time to become something.
What’s wrong with these kids is CCC.
I’d rather have Puff the Magic Dragon.

CJ needs to get some confidence back if he returns. The last 10 or so games of the year he looked like he was scared to hold the ball for more than 2-3 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT