ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Givens

I really enjoy hearing the Goose do pregame as well. He was before my time so I really enjoy hearing legends like him, Kyle Macy, Kenny Walker all talk ball on the radio.

Sincere and knows the game. Gentleman. You pick up the former players he interviews love and respect the guy.

Haven’t been around him much but when I have he’s the same nice person with everyone

Lol yes, by quite a bit. No singing or liberal nonsense from the Goose. All ball and all business
Rex was my hero as a kid but I don’t agree with his instigating all the time so I tuned him out years ago. And the singing was annoying. I can’t sing worth a dang either so ya know what? I don’t sing.

Reactions: CatCrazyChuk
university-of-kentucky-jack-givens-1978-ncaa-national-april-03-1978-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

apparently I am a boat by myself, but I liked Rex
I thought he was comical

Sincere and knows the game. Gentleman. You pick up the former players he interviews love and respect the guy.

Haven’t been around him much but when I have he’s the same nice person with everyone
I would love to meet him. I've met a few cats and all were super nice except Jodie Meeks. I wish I could meet the Goose. A walking legend in my mind

Reactions: Cawood86
Cool story, about the Goose. My dad played in a golf outing with him and Jeff Sheppard about fifteen years ago. In 2016, I ran into to him at the SEC tourney, and introduced myself. He remembered my dad and his name. Said he was one hell of a golfer. I’ll never forget that moment. Pretty cool. Great dude.

I'll take the Goose all day, everyday and twice on Sunday on the pregame show than having to hear 'DJ PM Pretty Man Joel Justus of the Justus Files and be the hammer, not the nail and the singing of the past from Chapman on the broadcasts.

SI did not exist for the first 3 titles. SI as we know it today started in ‘54.
It existed in ‘58 but the UK championship team was not featured on the cover.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT