ADVERTISEMENT

J Vanderbilt...

ZaytovenCat

All-SEC
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2013
Paris, TN
IMO he should be ashamed for not playing in this game. I’m almost to the point where I hope Cal doesn’t even let him come back. He’s been ready for weeks now. The rest of the guys are out there gutting it out and having to play short handed each game when he could be providing much needed depth.

Last edited:
IMO he should be ashamed for not playing in this game. I’m almost to the point where I hope Cal doesn’t even let him come back. He’s been ready for weeks now. The rest of the guys are out there gutting it out and having to play short handed each game when he could be providing much needed depth.

Wow, it must be an honor to have such inside info about his situation and Cal's plans for him and the team. Wish I was you.

Cal said himself he would like his first game be a home game so he can feel the love. I just hope there's not any idiots there showing their ass. I love basketball but I'm not gonna get so upset over a situation that I'm gonna start hating on someone I don't even know. Be happy! We WON! Good golly.

Vanderbilt was my favorite recruit of this class and I thought he’d be our best player. Made me sick that he got hurt and had to miss a few months. Atleast he was legit not ready during that time though. He’s been doing workouts and going pretty hard for close to a month now. I can’t help but wonder how his teammates feel. When I played we would have ripped into someone if we knew he was healthy and not playing. The majority of our other guys have just as much to lose NBA wise as he does, yet they’re all out there.

I just never would have thought he would be the type to do this. We’ve had some guys in the Cal era that it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they sat out when they could play just for nba reasons, but Jarred didn’t seem like one of those to me.

Reactions: white10
Well you please shut the hell up !! Your with out a doubt a total dumb ass and the worst poster on this site !!!

He did last week.....but they don't let facts get in their way.....UK didn't win by a million today so they've got to attack someone. I didn't finish the game.....reading some of these post my guess is they didn't cover the spread?
Like the fact that Cal also said that he would leave it up to Vanderbilt whether he wanted to return on the road or home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve long considered putting you on Ignore, but this post clinched the deal. Goodbye @ZaytovenCat

Ashamed . This sounds like a non athlete who has never dealt with a injury. And that’s not even including thinking about Vanderbilt’s long foot injury history. Basically you are just a very selfish fan that doesn’t really care about the players. How about this. For anyone who has a problem with Vanderbilt not playing, you all should link up and pay into a injury insurance policy to help in case he re re re re injures his foot. Some fans give other fans a bad name with this selfish “do what’s best for me as a fan” SH*T

Cal said he’d like him to come back at a home game, so next Saturday vs Florida would be my guess. He just started practicing 5 days ago, he was actually in uniform today and participated in all the pregame stuff. He’s making his way back, just taking his time. Nothing wrong with that. Stop bashing a kid when you know nothing that’s going on with him.

Vanderbilt was my favorite recruit of this class and I thought he’d be our best player. Made me sick that he got hurt and had to miss a few months. Atleast he was legit not ready during that time though. He’s been doing workouts and going pretty hard for close to a month now. I can’t help but wonder how his teammates feel. When I played we would have ripped into someone if we knew he was healthy and not playing. The majority of our other guys have just as much to lose NBA wise as he does, yet they’re all out there.

I just never would have thought he would be the type to do this. We’ve had some guys in the Cal era that it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they sat out when they could play just for nba reasons, but Jarred didn’t seem like one of those to me.

Idk that he has been mentally healthy. This is why cal calls out our toughness...it’s the mental toughness he’s questioning. If you’re vanderbilt and cal says from day one of injury “it’s up to you when you play”. Then it makes sense that the family would want more time. I don’t like that, I agree physically healthy should be playing but this was an injury in which he decided against surgery and if it happens again who knows if he ever gets a legit pro shot. I don’t think it’s a cut and dry injured, heals, ready.

Chill out on the name calling folks.

When it's all said and done his return to the team will be right on cue with when they said it would be months ago. His injury isn't something you rush back into play with either. He's going to return and looked like he was ready to go tonight but I'd say Cal chose not to put him in a close road game for a couple of reasons.

Shut up, how do you know whether he's ok to play. The stupidity of this fan base is breathtaking.

Chill out on the name calling folks.

When it's all said and done his return to the team will be right on cue with when they said it would be months ago. His injury isn't something you rush back into play with either. He's going to return and looked like he was ready to go tonight but I'd say Cal chose not to put him in a close road game for a couple of reasons.

This thread needs to go. To leave this ignorance up is like officials letting a bunch of cheap shots go and then having to throw 15 penalty flags to get the game back under control.

Reactions: floatingyou
Really? Since you obviously have great insight, why don’t you tell us what’s really going on?
No one in their right mind doesn’t think this JV thing isn’t at least a bit curious.
Here’s my thought on it, if he’s been cleared by doctors to play, then he should be playing. If he hasn’t been cleared to play, then the Athletics Department is doing this young man a disservice by not announcing this.

Pretty simple.

Ashamed . This sounds like a non athlete who has never dealt with a injury. And that’s not even including thinking about Vanderbilt’s long foot injury history. Basically you are just a very selfish fan that doesn’t really care about the players. How about this. For anyone who has a problem with Vanderbilt not playing, you all should link up and pay into a injury insurance policy to help in case he re re re re injures his foot. Some fans give other fans a bad name with this selfish “do what’s best for me as a fan” SH*T
Far from it. But I would actually play unless I physically couldn’t walk. Pretty sure Cal has all nba prospects get insurance when they come so that’s taken care of.

I understand a player has to think about their future but there comes a point where a line is crossed. I’m a fan of UK first. I’m not apologizing for that. We make millionaires out of multiple players every year. UK had done more goodwill in that department than anyone.

Let’s just call it like it is. Fans first priority is their team. Players first priority are themselves. It’s no more selfish of me for wanting Vanderbilt on the floor and producing than it is for him wanting to sit out for the NBA.

Far from it. But I would actually play unless I physically couldn’t walk. Pretty sure Cal has all nba prospects get insurance when they come so that’s taken care of.

I understand a player has to think about their future but there comes a point where a line is crossed. I’m a fan of UK first. I’m not apologizing for that. We make millionaires out of multiple players every year. UK had done more goodwill in that department than anyone.

Let’s just call it like it is. Fans first priority is their team. Players first priority are themselves. It’s no more selfish of me for wanting Vanderbilt on the floor and producing than it is for him wanting to sit out for the NBA.

You can justify your ignorance all you want. YOU. ARENT. OWED. ANYTHING.

Cal is in charge of this and communicating with Vanderbilt and family I would highly suspect. Don’t buy the bullshit from Cal it’s all on Vanderbilt. We probably see him next home game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT