ADVERTISEMENT

It's early but Andy Katz has UK as a #5 seed in his first bracket

It doesn’t matter where you’re seeded in early December. It’s March seeding that counts.

Still insanely early to even be predicting seeds. That said, if this team ends up a 5 seed in the tournament ... smdh.

That would take quite a coaching job to get a one seed from this point. I think a three seed is probably the maximum if things are turned around.
Just being literal. We only have 2 losses and our remaining schedule is plenty tough enough. If we won every game, we would surely be a 1.

What if we lost 1? 2? 3?

In the old days, we used to think that way.

Who knows what will happen? A 5 seed facing the dreaded 5-12 every year upset would be portending.
Yes this where bad seeding really challenges you. As a five you have to beat an always dangerous 12 and 4 seed just to get out of the first weekend. I guess the sunshine take would be you get the chance to take over the 1 seed in the round of 16.

Looking at the SEC and our struggles on the road, I can't see any less than 8 losses...9 would be my wager.

That would take quite a coaching job to get a one seed from this point. I think a three seed is probably the maximum if things are turned around.
We could get a 1 if the only losses we take from here on out is top SEC teams on the road. If we win our home slate and capture the regular season and/or the Tournament we get a 1 easy. What we can’t do it finish 4th in the league and lose on Friday of the SEC tournament.

We could get a 1 if the only losses we take from here on out is top SEC teams on the road. If we win our home slate and capture the regular season and/or the Tournament we get a 1 easy. What we can’t do it finish 4th in the league and lose on Friday of the SEC tournament.
If is the middle word in life.

We could go a big run after dead week and get a 1 seed. Or we could keep stumbling and miss the whole damn tourney. No powerhouses this season. That’s been established. Who will improve the most? We have enough talent overall to make a big push. We don’t have elite talent and could just not get it together. Gonna be a wild season all around. If we make the tourney, we could win it or go home first weekend.

1 or 2 is definitely still in play IMO. The teams we played this summer weren't THAT bad and we looked like a well oiled machine. Not sure what happened between then and now but if we can get back to 90% of that team we can play with anyone. A few bounces here and there and 1-2 more losses with none of them being bad and we can absolutely get there.

I really like our roster, just have to see how it shakes out over the season.
My God! You have Cal speak down pat! Need to add something about not being machines though.

My God! You have Cal speak down pat! Need to add something about not being machines though.
What exactly in that statement was Cal speak? Lmmfao some of your doomers invent words from air. If we only lose 1-2 more games with no stinkers those seeds are absolutely in reach.

You’ve admitted to not watching the games and hoping we lose them all.

I assume you think you’re funny but you add nothing of value to the forum.

You’ve earned my first ignore ever. Congrats!
Well you won’t be reading this but I assume you’d prefer I lie. You think the people who quit attending games or supporting otherwise still hope for wins? Ask Joker, or to an extent, Tubby. I actually admire Tubby for seeing the light and getting out when he did. I’ll never admire Cal for that reason because he is many years past when he should have left. And posters, or fans I should say, like you, delay the process, by blindly supporting a very flawed product. You just add to the problem.

Too bad we don't have Duke's cupcake schedule.
For games played so far after removing the cupcakes, you really think that 6-4 Michigan State, 6-3 Gonzaga and 6-3 Michigan is a tougher schedule than 8-1 Kansas, 6-3 Xavier, 9-0 Purdue, 7-2 Ohio State, and 7-2 Iowa? Kenpom has Duke's non-conference strength of schedule ranked 38th and Ky's at 199.

Ah! I see....you were being sarcastic!!

Last edited:
For games played so far after removing the cupcakes, you really think that 6-4 Michigan State, 6-3 Gonzaga and 6-3 Michigan is a tougher schedule than 8-1 Kansas, 6-3 Xavier, 9-0 Purdue, 7-2 Ohio State, and 7-2 Iowa? Kenpom has Duke's non-conference strength of schedule ranked 38th and Ky's at 199.

Ah! I see....you were being sarcastic!!
It was based on preseason rankings and I don't think anyone had UK's OOC opponents weaker than Dukes in the preseason but don't let facts get in the way of your homerism.

Oh what a great question! It's because I don't like seeing someone get paid 9 million dollars a year to run the program into the ground.
but why does the cost matter? Hope you make as much as you can in your lifetime.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT