ADVERTISEMENT

It will be Scott Drew

mg0721

Blue Chip Prospect
Aug 29, 2020
If you're wanting/wishing for someone else, you're gonna be very disappointed. Drew will do well here. Is Hurley the hottest name out there? Yes, but he is not leaving the Northeast. Is Oats a hot name? Yes, but UK is giving a conference foe 18M for their coach! I know Oats put out a statement, but that was a PR stunt to draw more attention to him and his program. Is Billy D a great option? Yes, but why would he leave the NBA to coach in the mess that is the NCAA right now? I wouldn't mind seeing Rick P. back on the sidelines to finish out his career, but he is 71. Too old. Scott Drew will be the choice.

Really, really good young coach for sure. But this job can swallow/consume you. The next guy has to be very tough and able to handle a very finicky fan base.

Reactions: ACTSEAN
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

I wouldn't give a shit if we rolled with Todd Golden.
I feel the same way. All of these people freaking out, wringing their hands fail to see how bad our program has been for several years. Yeah big recruiting classes, nba picks, just to suck in the SEC tournament, and lose the first game of the NCAA tournament or miss it. Then on top of that the jerk has the arrogance to talk down to the fanbase and brainwash a portion of it that criticizing him is unwarranted.
Plus the kicker is the guy absolutely sucks as a coach. Screw him! I’d take a 1-2 year interim coach just to get rid of this moron.

Wish we would throw the bank at Hurley and Oats first, but Drew or Pearl could easily be crush it here also. If it goes past those 4 then we are in serious wildcard territory.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
I feel the same way. All of these people freaking out, wringing their hands fail to see how bad our program has been for several years. Yeah big recruiting classes, nba picks, just to suck in the SEC tournament, and lose the first game of the NCAA tournament or miss it. Then on top of that the jerk has the arrogance to talk down to the fanbase and brainwash a portion of it that criticizing him is unwarranted.
Plus the kicker is the guy absolutely sucks as a coach. Screw him! I’d take a 1-2 year interim coach just to get rid of this moron.
Agree man. Golden could really grow into this job. Young and hungry. I know damn well, he could do better than what Calipari has of late .

Reactions: dl51344 and ck-2
If you're wanting/wishing for someone else, you're gonna be very disappointed. Drew will do well here. Is Hurley the hottest name out there? Yes, but he is not leaving the Northeast. Is Oats a hot name? Yes, but UK is giving a conference foe 18M for their coach! I know Oats put out a statement, but that was a PR stunt to draw more attention to him and his program. Is Billy D a great option? Yes, but why would he leave the NBA to coach in the mess that is the NCAA right now? I wouldn't mind seeing Rick P. back on the sidelines to finish out his career, but he is 71. Too old. Scott Drew will be the choice.
Yes, if he doesn’t turn us down…..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT