ADVERTISEMENT

It is no longer a championship.

It really is. They influence it as needed to coax the desired outcome. They desperately want Duke to win the title for all the Zion hype and Coach K storylines. Duke’s last offensive possession had two clear charges not called, a clear hook and hold, and a clear push in the back for a rebound. None of it called so Duke could take the lead.

I hate to admit it, because I am a long time fan, but I am beginning to believe this is somewhat accurate. Duke received about 4 breaks in the last 2 minutes, but UCF still could have pulled it out.
I kills me because this was my favorite sporting event. But you don’t miss that hook and hold as well as the push in the back.

UCF missed an uncontested layup with 90 seconds left and another one at the buzzer. Simply can’t miss those. Then they can’t rebound a missed free throw. They lost cuz the moment got too big and they choked, really.
Bullshit. It was an obvious hook and hold that prevented the rebound. Not to mention the Barrett push off. This nonsense of if they had made 1 more play is bullshit. Duke didn’t make enough plays either so the refs swallowed their whistle on a point of emphasis.

No, it still is a Championship. Just UCF showed everyone big bad Duke CAN be beaten. Just one more shot at the buzzer needed to go down. (Even with all the conspiracy theories)
Next game will not be allowed to be that close.

Duke will be hard to beat in this tourney the refs in there pocket, UCF did not help themselves but the refs handed duke this game Zion charged twice in one play never seen that before in a college game.

Guys, all Central Florida had to do was make one more shot and the conspiracies don't exist. Also, all they had to do was box out on a free throw and they most likely win as well. However, they did not.
You do realize hook and hold was a point of emphasis. You cannot jump if your arm is being held. The pictures don’t lie. How you can make that statement is astonishing.

UCF missed an uncontested layup with 90 seconds left and another one at the buzzer. Simply can’t miss those. Then they can’t rebound a missed free throw. They lost cuz the moment got too big and they choked, really.
So Duke could get away with 3 clear fouls. One being a flagrant cuz ucf missed a fre lay ups. How bout Zion hits his free throw then the game is tied. If UK did any of those plays, the refs woulda blown the whistle louder than he ever has in his life,, did a charge call dance to half court , do the wave basket hand signal for 30 secs and that woulda been that.

Reactions: runt#69 and teli
Whether or not you hate them or love them, dook and the Zion storyline get eyeballs on TV sets, which is the ultimate goal of all this entertainment

It gets the eyeballs of the casual fans at the expense of alienating the fans who care about the sport and its integrity. It is the product of marketing and advertising types who care no more for college basketball than they do the roller derby.

Spartan JD, how you want them to get a rebound when RJ is pushing in the back on one side and on the other side hook n hold where the UCF player cant even jump. SPARTAN YOUR AN IDIOT.

It gets the eyeballs of the casual fans at the expense of alienating the fans who care about the sport and its integrity. It is the product of marketing and advertising types who care no more for college basketball than they do the roller derby.
100% correct

I'm not watching any more Duke games the rest of the tournament. The fix is clearly in. When Rafferty complained about Zion assaulting a guy, saying it should've been a no-call, I turned the volume down for the last few minutes. The Zion charge, Barrett pushoff and DeLaurier hook sealed it. Whoever compared it to WWE is spot on.

This has been the entire purpose of the tournament for years now. It's how it's marketed to the masses and sold to/by the networks. Notice how the branding logo on the court, sidelines, network desks is "MARCH MADNESS" instead of "NCAA TOURNAMENT".

Zion's bringing a lot of eyes to the NCAA tournament from people who don't normally watch college basketball. Knicks fans are drooling over drafting this guy and NBA-only fans (which there's a ton in major markets) are tuning in as well. The ESPN hype machine worked.

I picked Duke in my office bracket without a second thought. The powers-that-be want Zion holding that trophy, net around his neck, smiling for the world to see. Tonight was proof.

Zion will be average in the league (which is still freaking awesome and will make him a boatload of money) but will not be Lebron, Kobe or Michael like we are being force fed.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
On a positive note, Coach K is literally mumbles in his post-game's. Tonight was not the first time he looked like a dementia patient. All three times I saw him speak this year he couldn't put sentences together.

Botched his last two super-classes, bad. And he needed three top5 nba draft picks, plus some calls, to beat A 9-seed. Greenberg calling out the fact that Dukes offensive has been non-existant. It's really Zion and some really great players muscling around.

If you think about it.. In the last few years Coach K has used clout and.. We'll, that's about it. Starting to not worry about him coaching as long as he wants.

Zion's bringing a lot of eyes to the NCAA tournament from people who don't normally watch college basketball. Knicks fans are drooling over drafting this guy and NBA-only fans (which there's a ton in major markets) are tuning in as well. The ESPN hype machine worked.

I picked Duke in my office bracket without a second thought. The powers-that-be want Zion holding that trophy, net around his neck, smiling for the world to see. Tonight was proof.

Their dream matchup is dook vs. Uncheaters with Zion hitting the game winning shot.

No doubt in my mind with PJ out it comes down to Duke-UNC for the title. A final kick in the balls to the season. The only solace is that one of those teams will lose.

Buddy, wait till your team is on the shit end of the stick. Bet you aren't talking that jive then

It’s unlikely a Michigan State/duke game would be close enough for a call to matter. Just check out izzo’s record versus coach K. K is izzo’s daddy. It’s why Michigan State was put in that bracket. By far the least threatening to them of the 2 seeds.

Sssshhhhhhh. Fake news.

How long until we get some video clips of this horseshit online? I saw someone posted a screenshot of that hook and hold. That was clear as day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT