ADVERTISEMENT

"UK No Longer Sleeper Team"

My opinion is still the same, this UK team can beat anyone in the country but they’re also capable of a head scratching game. We basically saw that last week with the win at Auburn and then a loss at LSU.

It will be nice to get on a neutral court, away from SEC refs in a few weeks. The opportunity is there to finish the season strong, but the staff and players need to bring their A game every night.

Wide awake except on inbounds plays and the end of games...

PnydC9d.png

I can see why the CBS guys would make those positive comments. We blew the doors off Alabama with our offensive explosion. Can we do it against MSU? I like us as an underdog tonight.

I can see why the CBS guys would make those positive comments. We blew the doors off Alabama with our offensive explosion. Can we do it against MSU? I like us as an underdog tonight.
Not confident, less than 1 week removed from losing on the road to a bad LSU team will do that to you.

Reactions: crestcat
Not confident, less than 1 week removed from losing on the road to a bad LSU team will do that to you.
But sandwiched around that LSU loss is an Auburn man handling and an Alabama Massacre. 2 of the more impressive wins any team has this year. Today will tell the tale if we keep it going or regress

It's all about the way the other team plays. Teams like Auburn, Alabama, UNC, Kansas are all run and gun teams and that plays into this Kentucky team's strengths. It's the teams who are going to make it an ugly, physical half court rock fights who are going to cause us problems. Just be prepared for the Calipari 3 step. 1 step forward and 2 steps back. This has been the pattern for several years now. If Cal feels us natives (bennies) are restless and his back is against the wall, he will actually focus prep, and win. Then sometime in the next two games he starts feeling comfortable again and it's back to lazy preparation, no focus, and another inexplicable loss to a team we shouldn't lose to. We are not that many more losses from not making the tournament cut. As a cat fan I'm going to pretend I'm from the Missouri. Show Me!

Agreed. I consider this team fool's gold until they show consistency. But man, it feels like they're close. Fingers crossed.
A win tonight would go a long way towards raising expectations for a deep tournament run. Looked at MSU's roster, and they're the exact type team UK's not fared well against: age (5 grad students, 4 seniors, 3 juniors--including 2 redshirts) and beef (ranging from 6'7 to 6'11--230, 230, 235, 245, 245, 280).

Win tonight and I won't be wary of every mid-major in the country w/ a seasoned roster come tournament time.

But sandwiched around that LSU loss is an Auburn man handling and an Alabama Massacre. 2 of the more impressive wins any team has this year. Today will tell the tale if we keep it going or regress
Those games were blacked out in the CHC video game room.

My opinion is still the same, this UK team can beat anyone in the country but they’re also capable of a head scratching game. We basically saw that last week with the win at Auburn and then a loss at LSU.

It will be nice to get on a neutral court, away from SEC refs in a few weeks. The opportunity is there to finish the season strong, but the staff and players need to bring their A game every night.
Agree

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT