ADVERTISEMENT

Is it too late in the season to hype Bowden for Heisman?

on serious note, it would be hard for him to ever be considered this year, seeing as we aren't doing as well on the field

giphy.gif

Reactions: BigTyrone
You guys can mock me all you want (within reason) but let me tell you something:

The triple option is going to give Jawja trouble.

UK rushed for 330 yds v Arky. Thats tough to do v anyone!

Bowden is in the midst of another week taking starter snaps and is perfecting his craft.

You guys can mock me all you want (within reason) but let me tell you something:

Bowden is in the midst of another week taking starter snaps and is perfecting his craft.
The triple option might very well give Georgia trouble, but I'm not sure how that helps us since we don't run the triple option.

The triple option might very well give Georgia trouble, but I'm not sure how that helps us since we don't run the triple option.
Not in the natural sense no ie wishbone but we do run a hybrid form when you factor in Bowden throwing on the run.

No disrespect- but is Arkansas terrible!!!! They have one good player on each side of the ball and one could argue probably shoulda beat us. More importantly, Georgia is like 10 times better than both Arkansas and us.... we wouldn't beat Georgia in our best day routinely, it would be an upset this season. If we beat Georgia with our WR it will be one of the biggest upsets in 2019, maybe in quite a while. Georgia's athletes are better, coaches are better and they are faster and deeper, I wish we could, but we will not do what we did against Arkansas in the Georgia game. It's just irrational to feel confident we have a shot in that game. Sorry, bud

Last edited:
Not in the natural sense no ie wishbone but we do run a hybrid form when you factor in Bowden throwing on the run.

Actually we don't- we don't run anything close to the triple option. We run an RPO offense with Bowden and we added the speed option for the Arkansas game, thus far we haven't seen the triple option or the wing t. Now if you see two RB's and a fullback come into the game... WATCH OUT

I won't mock you today if you promise to not show up with negative b.s. if (when) UK falls behind Georgia.

i guess if he beats the Bulldogs between the bushes it wont be!

:sunglasses:

Too late for this season but if he continues to develop at QB I could see him having a heisman type season next year. I know Wilson will be back but if all the sudden Bowden goes on a tear and leads us undefeated the rest of the way stoops would be mucho idioto to not go with Bowden as QB. With that said i don’t think any of what I just said will happen

I think the OP fails to take his meds.
Actually we don't- we don't run anything close to the triple option. We run an RPO offense with Bowden and we added the speed option for the Arkansas game, thus far we haven't seen the triple option or the wing t. Now if you see two RB's and a fullback come into the game... WATCH OUT
ok ok my rationalization in calling what UK runs as a triple option is as follows:
A. Bowden takes snap and starts right or left
B. He is trailed by a RB
Option 1 Bowden can keep ball and run
Option 2 Bowden can toss ball back to RB
Option 3 Bowden can throw ball to WR or TE

Hell its a quad op really!!!

I'm for installing the quadruple rp option. Put Bowden in as center and make Smoke right guard. Let the linebackers alternate as quarterback on every other play. Now THAT would keep Georgia guessing! Oh, and of course, let Rose do the kicking.

Reactions: GridCats

Arkansas is #86 in the nation in rushing defense. Considering that we only threw for 88 yards (and for good reason) it will take some pretty good rushing stats to win. 88 yards passing would rank us at about 120 in the nation. We better be able to run it.

No disrespect- but is Arkansas terrible!!!! They have one good player on each side of the ball and one could argue probably shoulda beat us. More importantly, Georgia is like 10 times better than both Arkansas and us.... we wouldn't beat Georgia in our best day routinely, it would be an upset this season. If we beat Georgia with our WR it will be one of the biggest upsets in 2019, maybe in quite a while. Georgia's athletes are better, coaches are better and they are faster and deeper, I wish we could, but we will not do what we did against Arkansas in the Georgia came. It's just irrational to feel confident we have a shot in that game. Sorry, bud
I would not argue they should have beat us at all. We kneeled in scoring range plus a missed fg. UK dominated Ark in 2nd half.

Reactions: The-Hack
i guess if he beats the Bulldogs between the bushes it wont be!

:sunglasses:
I’m assuming with the smiley face this is a joke. Fromm is not going to throw 3 interceptions and fumble a snap again. Was that the worst game of his career? Maybe he had a fight with his gf. We’ll be lucky to beat the spread. History shows us Heisman winners play for at least conference championship teams.

I'm for installing the quadruple rp option. Put Bowden in as center and make Smoke right guard. Let the linebackers alternate as quarterback on every other play. Now THAT would keep Georgia guessing! Oh, and of course, let Rose do the kicking.

Too conservative!

Such a stupid thread. Bowden did great but you'd have to be a total wack job to put him up for Heisman after one game.

All you guys dissing me need to take into account Bowden is on several midway point AA lists.

Its not just about one game!

I would not argue they should have beat us at all. We kneeled in scoring range plus a missed fg. UK dominated Ark in 2nd half.

Perception is reality I guess- when you win 24-20 you never dominated- we dominated the last 2-3 drives but we never dominated them as a whole. Arkansas left a lot on the table and if they play their back up QB all game, we lose, but its a moot point, as that was not the point of the post or this thread for that matter

ok ok my rationalization in calling what UK runs as a triple option is as follows:
A. Bowden takes snap and starts right or left
B. He is trailed by a RB
Option 1 Bowden can keep ball and run
Option 2 Bowden can toss ball back to RB
Option 3 Bowden can throw ball to WR or TE

Hell its a quad op really!!!

..... correct.... that is what an RPO offense is- they can hand it off, take it themselves or pass it and they make that decision by reading the defense

No disrespect- but is Arkansas terrible!!!! They have one good player on each side of the ball and one could argue probably shoulda beat us. More importantly, Georgia is like 10 times better than both Arkansas and us.... we wouldn't beat Georgia in our best day routinely, it would be an upset this season. If we beat Georgia with our WR it will be one of the biggest upsets in 2019, maybe in quite a while. Georgia's athletes are better, coaches are better and they are faster and deeper, I wish we could, but we will not do what we did against Arkansas in the Georgia game. It's just irrational to feel confident we have a shot in that game. Sorry, bud

I think Tim Couch has one more year of eligibility.

If we could just find a way for him to run the option...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT