ADVERTISEMENT

Do you blame Stoops at all for letting Coen hold the program hostage like he has ?

I don't think that was it. But as you said Coen was/is carrer driven. He was very popular with the UK fanbase until he starting applying for every NFL opening. It is just as likely CMS was gone and Coen was going to be named head coach. The new job fell through and Coen started looking around.
The majority of our fans would've rather hired John Sumrall. I'm not convinced Coen was great. He led a pretty decent offense in 21 but we had the best OL in school history, with a good defense, a NFL starter at QB, possibly the best WR in school history, and likely our all time leading rusher in school history if not for a suspension.
He sucked with the rams.
He was ok this year. He kept shooting for the stars with a player who's obviously not a sideline deep threat, a few changes would've had us in much better shape overall but dude has a case of Scangarello itis. It's not working but keep trying it because we don't know how to make adjustments literally at all.

How about moving Devin's short ass out of the pocket, so he can get the ball over the line..... Give him some RPO looks that he was a stud at running at NC ST

Everyone can see Barion is a space nightmare. So where's the over the middle stuff to get the matchup that Brown can exploit vs any team on the schedule.... Nope let's just let him run sideline gos half the time. (That he's really bad at) Where are the tightends pretty much ever? I don't believe Coen is all he cracked up to be. I think he's riding the Mcvay or whatever train and he's getting interest based on that. The only good result he's had is with a team of all timers here at little ole UK.

Dude can recruit. But I don't think he's a high major OC like many play him to be.

The majority of our fans would've rather hired John Sumrall. I'm not convinced Coen was great. He led a pretty decent offense in 21 but we had the best OL in school history, with a good defense, a NFL starter at QB, possibly the best WR in school history, and likely our all time leading rusher in school history if not for a suspension.
He sucked with the rams.
He was ok this year. He kept shooting for the stars with a player who's obviously not a sideline deep threat, a few changes would've had us in much better shape overall but dude has a case of Scangarello itis. It's not working but keep trying it because we don't know how to make adjustments literally at all.

How about moving Devin's short ass out of the pocket, so he can get the ball over the line..... Give him some RPO looks that he was a stud at running at NC ST

Everyone can see Barion is a space nightmare. So where's the over the middle stuff to get the matchup that Brown can exploit vs any team on the schedule.... Nope let's just let him run sideline gos half the time. (That he's really bad at) Where are the tightends pretty much ever? I don't believe Coen is all he cracked up to be. I think he's riding the Mcvay or whatever train and he's getting interest based on that. The only good result he's had is with a team of all timers here at little ole UK.

Dude can recruit. But I don't think he's a high major OC like many play him to be.

I didn't mean he was great, I said he was very popular with UK fanbase and if CMS had gone to ATM Coen would have had a lot of support from the fanbase. I personally never thought he was anything special, like you said he had a very good OL, argueably the top WR and RB in the conference and a QB who is starting in the NFL to work with. Then he had a good defense. When he left his replacement was dealing with a sub par SEC OL, the RB was suspended for 4 games I believe, the WR off to the NFS and the QB was injured and missed 2 games I believe and was not 100% a couple more. Not saying he was a great OC, but he certainly didn't have the weapons Coen had the previous year.

I didn't mean he was great, I said he was very popular with UK fanbase and if CMS had gone to ATM Coen would have had a lot of support from the fanbase. I personally never thought he was anything special, like you said he had a very good OL, argueably the top WR and RB in the conference and a QB who is starting in the NFL to work with. Then he had a good defense. When he left his replacement was dealing with a sub par SEC OL, the RB was suspended for 4 games I believe, the WR off to the NFS and the QB was injured and missed 2 games I believe and was not 100% a couple more. Not saying he was a great OC, but he certainly didn't have the weapons Coen had the previous year.
People who get paid millions to make such decisions hold Coen in very high regard. And good players make good coaches. Otherwise, Coen's gone...need to move on to the next. Hopefully we'll get an idea this week on what direction UK chooses to go.

Reactions: Uncle Adolph
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT