ADVERTISEMENT

Is it too early to call Zion a bust?

Yes. Been an awful start to his career but it’s just 3 years. Hell he’s only 21 years old. Now will he recover is a different question but too early to call him a bust.

Charles was much slimmer than Zion is, I get that he’s maybe the closest comparison but Zion is in another category as far as size is concerned than Barkley.
Not true. Barkley was pretty damned hefty, especially in college and at the start of his career. He weighed 284 lbs. when he came to auburn. He lost some of that but he was still overweight at 6’5” to 6’6”.

Because Of the hype he’s absolutely a bust. ESPN, the sports world, and even this board don’t get to take it back. He was built up to be a Lebron type of figure and he’s trash. Overweight and cannot play.

He’s 100% a bust until he proves he’s not. And he is the most overrated player I’ve ever seen regardless. The guy can’t do much of anything except Jump awkwardly high for a fat dude. Ever fully understood the hype.

He’s averaging 25/7/3 on 60% shooting and he’s still only 21 years old.

It’s insane how many of you are calling him a bust. The hype train was obviously way too much, but when he’s been on the court he has lived up to expectations.

Need to see how he recovers from this injury and if he’s able to stay healthy before we call him a bust. The injury stuff doesn’t look great but to completely give up on him is foolish.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
He has injury problems but a bust? When he played he was AMAZING! Face of the league potential for sure.

Joel Embiid is a perfect example of overcoming early injury riddled seasons. Zion was dominant when he played.

Yes. He should try football while hes still young enough. He seems to handle contact, just not all that weight coming down on his legs all the time.

He will eat thru his rookie contract quickly...

OvXyQLo.jpg

Reactions: Gromcat and TM2013
Next year is it for him. He rested this ENTIRE season, and he has all off season. If he can't get on the court for 50+ games next season, that will be it for him.

I do have a little hope that taking this extended period off may have helped heal his body. I think athletes come back too early at times.

Reactions: TM2013
If he does not loose some weight and get in shape it could be a short life span for him. SAD

If he does not loose some weight and get in shape it could be a short life span for him. SAD
Honestly it depends on your definition of bust. If we are looking at chiefs performance statistically, he isn’t close to a bust. Dude is really good. If you look at his playing time, then he is gettting really close to being a bust

He just doesn’t want to play. He is “injured” but slamming 360 dunks pre game. Trade him to a worse organization

Zion’s talent and skill set, coupled with his freak athleticism is nowhere near why he will be a bust, it’s his body that’s the bust.

He’s averaging 25/7/3 on 60% shooting and he’s still only 21 years old.
He's barely played a season's worth of games, total, after 3 seasons. He's useless sitting on a bench or eating beignets at Cafe Du Monde.

Last edited:
No, it’s not too early. Hype was too much. I always said he would be at best a Larry Johnson; but his injuries are putting him on Greg Oden territory.
Or Joel Embiid territory since he actually has played in more games than embiid in the same time frame in the start of their careers

Reactions: fatguy87
It’s pretty simple. The kid needs to put down the fork and get serious. If he doesn’t, he will have more serious, chronic injuries that will ruin his career. Up to him.

Last edited:
Every fan with an inkling of knowledge knew he was to heavy to do the things he wanted to do.

he was made for college and that short season. That’s where he hit his peak. He will never play a full nba season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT