ADVERTISEMENT

Is it Time for a New Voice? (Poll)

Is it Time for a New Voice?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted yes, but I still have an overall positive feeling towards Stoops. I’d give him a B- for his overall body of work at UK. The problem going forward is that he’s too stubborn to stop having a defensive first philosophy and that won’t work in todays CFB.

Personally I think Stoops flirting with Texas A&M is grounds enough...

I just think it's silly to continue watching the same Stoops story play out every single year.

It's a lot of underwhelming.
A lot of people agree with your last 2 statements. I’ve always been a Stoops supporter but I wouldn’t mind seeing him move on . I guess the A&M thing is debatable. Evidently Mitch didn’t think it was a fireable reason.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
We beat Ole Miszs two weeks ago , but stoops has to go. Ok
We have also lost to Vandy with a new coach 2 out of the last 3 years, USC with a new coach 3 in a row, Missouri with a new coach has left us in the dust, UT with a new coach 2 of 3........we have fallen back to the bottom of the SEC in the past 3 years whether you want to admit it or not.

Stoops is done here. The question is how long will he hang on for that big paycheck and further bury the program, like Cal did the basketball program???

The teams he was never beating, well he hasn't made any progress on.

The teams he was beating, are now starting to beat him.

That's regression.

Time to move on. Good luck. Wish all the best. Thanks for the memories.

Time to start making out a short list.

Stoops has made his living on beating Louisville and getting the best of Florida. Now we are losing to Vanderbilt at home.... lost to Florida this year and we will see if this team still cares by the time Louisville game comes around.

82-7 it appears this group of die-hards think it's time for a change.

Mitch listen to your fans.
This board is not generally representative of the actual fan base. I think it is in this case, but it’s wrong to think this place isn’t a fringe minority in most cases.

See “I think it is in this case”. A lot of the people calling for this on here have been doing it for years, when it wasn’t representative of how most people felt.
I think most casual fans thinks stoops sucks. The hardcore fans are more forgiving but most of them have turned now. People want a winner today. Not what you did 4 or 5 years ago.

I think the Calipari problem was a lot more complex.

Cal had won a national championship and been to multiple final 4's. He actually had the success that you can point to when you refuse to step down gracefully. He also had a ton of ego, that at one point, he had earned.

Stoops has none of that. He has 2 Citrus Bowls (1 of which we vacated). He's 20+ games under .500 vs the SEC. He's a garbage coach who had a few good years.

Whereas Cal was never going to leave, I don't see how Stoops wants to be here next season.

Are back to (after the USC pitiful performance) this team will not make a bowl. Lose to Florida (playing better), Texas, Tennessee. We have to beat Auburn and UofL to be bowl eligible.
Bowl eligible is the biggest joke on this UK fan base. The Stoops Era is all smoke and mirrors that leads down a rabbit hole to wonderland, wonder how he is worth 9million a year.

What sane D1 college wants him?
I mean I want to believe he will leave, but we have an AD paying him a top 10 D1 salary producing this. Why would he willingly leave this gravy train?
The entire School should be ashamed of the football program and how it’s administrated. Until the UK fans quit making excuses for mediocrity and become a true SEC program which put winning above all else bottom feeding is in our future

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT