ADVERTISEMENT

Is It Possible ...

Good lord. Well, we have the winner for dumbest post of the day
... you can say that but, they have a new coach and a fresh start. We can't get rid of the very problem that's killing this program and key players are hitting the portal that aren't buying in to Cal anymore. I think it is a fair question and denial isn't good for much. Who's dumb? I wish it weren't true, like you, but the question still exists. Some will just be the last to figure it out.

... you can say that but, they have a new coach and a fresh start. We can't get rid of the very problem that's killing this program and key players are hitting the portal that aren't buying in to Cal anymore. I think it is a fair question and denial isn't good for much. Who's dumb? I wish it weren't true, like you, but the question still exists. Some will just be the last to figure it out.
Yeah, a coach who was their 6th or 7th choice and a roster that has nobody on it because they all decided to leave along with zero recruits coming in.

Stop being dumb and dramatic, this is a stupid question.

Yeah, a coach who was their 6th or 7th choice and a roster that has nobody on it because they all decided to leave along with zero recruits coming in.

Stop being dumb and dramatic, this is a stupid question.
Denial isn't worth much ... actually nothing.

Reactions: nkycat22
They certainly aren’t any worse especially with the coach. Remember we still have Cal.
Well, they do have a coach that can probably actually coach. UK has a man who "claims" to be a coach, but few can point to examples of his coaching prowess and the results of this "lack" of coaching prowess has been on full display for all to see ... at least the ones who aren't in denial. The unfortunate FACT that Cal is still here may very well be the reason the UL program is in better shape, at this point, than UK. I guess we'll see.

Next December's UK-UL game might be a tossup. Possible that both teams could finish below 0.500 if the handful of 5 stars don't pan out. Looking at it realistically, 2025 guard paly will be no where as good as 2024 guard play. No transfer guard will be as good as Reeves, the incoming freshmen guards(Fland and Perry) won't be nearly as good as (Dillingham, Shepherd, and Wagner). Incoming freshmen forwards (Knox and Richmond) are not as highly rated as Edwards, and neither has the experience of Thiero, so it unlikely that they will be better, and most likely not as good. At center, UK got almost nothing in 2024 in most games. There were games in which UK's four big men (Mitchell, Bradshaw, Onyenso, and Ivesic) failed to score a single point.between the four of them!!!!!! If Quaintance and Cyril can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, 2025 UK should be better inside than 2024. Still, the two will not be as good as Oscar in his two seasons at UK, and we know how that turned out.

As a older fan, I would compare the 2024-2025 season to Rick Pitino's first season, when fans were braced for a losing season, and were overjoyed with the .500 season in Pitino's 1st season, and it was the native Kentuckians (John Pelphrey, Deron Feldhaus, Richie Farmer, and Reggie Hanson), thru their grit, somehow managed to achieve a 14-14 season with a no name team that the experts predicted would win 5, 6, or maybe 7 games. This time, Travis Perry is the only Kentuckian to play his heart and guts out, being out talented in nearly every game. It's going to be a rough ride, folks.

Oh boy. This can't be a serious question. But i will play along for shits and giggles. Yes they have a new coach, but yes, they have NO players. Even if NOBODY came back to UK next year, the 6 kids we have signed, all 6 would be better than any Louisville player remaining. You could have Eric Spoelstra at Louisville and he wouldn't win with what Louisville has / projected to have on the team. They won 10 games in 2 years. I can't believe I wasted my time answering this stupid question.
I will tell you what OP, I will take UK v/s Louisville next year for any amount of money you can afford to lose. You game ? I mean if you truly believe that, you should be. We can post the bet, bookmark it, then when you welch on it, you agree to never post again instead of paying the $$. Deal ?

Nah, you would welch on that to and just make up a new screen name and come back with more silly thread topics.

Not sure ... are you talking about rankings for the coming season in the SEC conference?
You're not sure if UK finished this past regular season ranked 9th?

Well, are you aware UK went 5-2 against teams ranked in the top 13 this past year? 3 of those wins being on the opponents court and one being on a neutral court?

This sure doesn't sound like a program that is in shambles. Those teams usually aren't ranked in the top 10 to finish a season. 🤣

Next December's UK-UL game might be a tossup. Possible that both teams could finish below 0.500 if the handful of 5 stars don't pan out. Looking at it realistically, 2025 guard paly will be no where as good as 2024 guard play. No transfer guard will be as good as Reeves, the incoming freshmen guards(Fland and Perry) won't be nearly as good as (Dillingham, Shepherd, and Wagner). Incoming freshmen forwards (Knox and Richmond) are not as highly rated as Edwards, and neither has the experience of Thiero, so it unlikely that they will be better, and most likely not as good. At center, UK got almost nothing in 2024 in most games. There were games in which UK's four big men (Mitchell, Bradshaw, Onyenso, and Ivesic) failed to score a single point.between the four of them!!!!!! If Quaintance and Cyril can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, 2025 UK should be better inside than 2024. Still, the two will not be as good as Oscar in his two seasons at UK, and we know how that turned out.

As a older fan, I would compare the 2024-2025 season to Rick Pitino's first season, when fans were braced for a losing season, and were overjoyed with the .500 season in Pitino's 1st season, and it was the native Kentuckians (John Pelphrey, Deron Feldhaus, Richie Farmer, and Reggie Hanson), thru their grit, somehow managed to achieve a 14-14 season with a no name team that the experts predicted would win 5, 6, or maybe 7 games. This time, Travis Perry is the only Kentuckian to play his heart and guts out, being out talented in nearly every game. It's going to be a rough ride, folks.
Nice post, although sobering. I remember Pitino's first season and thoroughly enjoyed it because I knew UK had a coach and recruiting would come, and it did. Today is sobering as well but for entirely different reasons, IMO.

Well, are you aware UK went 5-2 against teams ranked in the top 13 this past year? 3 of those wins being on the opponents court and one being on a neutral court?

This sure doesn't sound like a program that is in shambles. Those teams usually aren't ranked in the top 10 to finish a season. 🤣
I misread you post, so sorry about that. UK has some good wins this year, no doubt. For Cal and UK, it's start from scratch every year. Now we have players we need for next year going into the portal ... why? We especially needed Thiero for next year. I guess we'll know soon enough.

This might be the dumbest post ever on this board.
UK has been in the Top 10 end of regular season poll 3 of the last 5 years.
UL hasn’t been in the top 10 of their conference in forever.
... like I said, we'll see soon enough. That was then and this is now.

Nice post, although sobering. I remember Pitino's first season and thoroughly enjoyed it because I knew UK had a coach and recruiting would come, and it did. Today is sobering as well but for entirely different reasons, IMO.
You skipped my post addressed to you. I mean if you REALLY feel this way, what is the hold up ? I know you read my post. I gave the goob you quoted the same offer.

I misread you post, so sorry about that. UK has some good wins this year, no doubt. For Cal and UK, it's start from scratch every year. Now we have players we need for next year going into the portal ... why? We especially needed Thiero for next year. I guess we'll know soon enough.
Thiero is a nice player, but his numbers aren't irreplaceable. He wasn't a great shooter, and he had issues getting stuffed at the rim and putting his shot into the bottom of the rim. He also isn't a great ball handler. I love his toughness and work ethic, and I would be happy having him come back, but there are plenty of similar guys in the portal.

However, we had a tone of turnover last year and most people loved how this team's roster ended. At least wait until you see the next roster before you bitch about.

Thiero is a nice player, but his numbers aren't irreplaceable. He wasn't a great shooter, and he had issues getting stuffed at the rim and putting his shot into the bottom of the rim. He also isn't a great ball handler. I love his toughness and work ethic, and I would be happy having him come back, but there are plenty of similar guys in the portal.

However, we had a tone of turnover last year and most people loved how this team's roster ended. At least wait until you see the next roster before you bitch about.
... we'll all have to wait and we'll all deal with it our own way. I honestly hope things turn out better than worse but know this program need a new direction and that's not happening. My question was about the comparison between UK and UL now. They have a new coach and new direction and we we're stuck with a guy that most would like to see gone. Who's in the better spot?

... we'll all have to wait and we'll all deal with it our own way. I honestly hope things turn out better than worse but know this program need a new direction and that's not happening. My question was about the comparison between UK and UL now. They have a new coach and new direction and we we're stuck with a guy that most would like to see gone. Who's in the better spot?
This is their 3rd coach since starting on a "new direction." He was also like their 7th choice this cycle because the others turned them down. They got turned down by Pitino jr.! The coach they hired has never won an NCAA game in 4 attempts.

They have no roster. Very limited transfer options. Little to no fan support or NIL donors. They haven't sniffed a postseason this decade.

I mean, if you really like UL direction that much, they are hurting for some fan support right about now!

... the Louisville Program is in better shape, at this point, than UK?
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

• Haha
Reactions: BluesDaddy

Keep polishing that turd fella its noble work your doing

Did you create a new account to argue with yourself or is bluesmommy coming soon?

If you are trying to convince people our program is " successful " right now you are the one having problems with logic
Do you think being ranked #9 at the end of a regular season is a sign of lack of success?

Also, I think there is a big gap between not having post-season success and being in shambles. Or, do you disagree? 🤔

This might be the dumbest post ever on this board.
UK has been in the Top 10 end of regular season poll 3 of the last 5 years.
UL hasn’t been in the top 10 of their conference in forever.
It was a question. They are certainly in better shape with their coaching position than we are. They at least are at a point to move FORWARD.

We however have not yet hit bottom. Hell we will crash and burn early and often next season and MB still may not pull the trigger. Barney is like the scene from Dr. Strangelove riding nuclear Cal. Its not ending well and he's not bottomed out yet.

So its too soon to judge who is in better shape.

riding.jpg

Reactions: FirewithFire
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT