ADVERTISEMENT

Is it Draft Night Yet?

The reason this team isn't as good is because we don't have top tier freshmen on it. Tyty is good but inconsistent. Collins and Hopkins give us almost nothing.

It's amazing how many people really believe they are clever or funny on the Internet, when in most cases they just expose their limited intelligence and/or lack of emotional maturity. But hey, if that's your cup of tea, this board is great place to find it.

Reactions: fastpaste101
I think Draft night looks like a bust. 5-6 more transfers next year will probably screw 2023 up as well. Just aren’t enough of them draftable. Might need a new coach that can fill up the draft board like the good old days.

The perfect example why OAD is such BS and Calipari is a fraud and you might be the idiot. If not the idiot you claim that I am ... you seem to certainly be the moron. Which is it Einstein?
he hasn’t mentioned draft night in forever and it was a mistake on his part

A "mistake"? It was more than a mistake. It was one of the most out of touch things I've heard heard a top level coach ever say to his fanbase. But, in hindsight, it's really how he thinks apparently. So, the mistake was letting it slip out.

It's amazing how many people really believe they are clever or funny on the Internet, when in most cases they just expose their limited intelligence and/or lack of emotional maturity. But hey, if that's your cup of tea, this board is great place to find it.
Laughable. We all wish we were clever, funny, and intelligent like you? Programs being trashed by Calipari's Big Blow Chit Show and we're just too "unintelligent" to understand. You may have been talking about yourself while basking in your smugness. Cal himself said that Draft night was what mattered the most and championships were secondary. In fact, embracing wholesale OAD was the ticket to those championships ... that's what Cal wants us to "believe". Time always reveals the truth. Unless you're blind and deaf, Time's been screaming for some time now and the message is "It ain't workin" and it hasn't been working for years now, if it ever really did. Program suffering, Recruiting suffering, Tradition being tarnished, Fanbase growing restless and unhappy. Cal's response? Fans are idiots ... of course, we are. That's what a narcissist always says.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
A "mistake"? It was more than a mistake. It was one of the most out of touch things I've heard heard a top level coach ever say to his fanbase. But, in hindsight, it's really how he thinks apparently. So, the mistake was letting it slip out.
would it make you feel better if we get another coach?no coach is perfect and say stuff that we disagree with

would it make you feel better if we get another coach?no coach is perfect and say stuff that we disagree with
I actually don't want him gone, because I fear there's a better chance to go backwards than improve coaching wise. I just feel it's fair to say he's underperformed with the talent he's had. And, IMO, it's because his priorities don't align with BBN's.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
Why don't you do us all a favor and tell him that. If he hasn't mentioned it lately, have you ever wondered why? Maybe his line of BS doesn't sell as well as it used to and he can't deliver the true OAD talent like he did early on. His approach to OAD doesn't work now like it did early. Cal's problem is "who he is" and the fact that he will not humble himself to make the corrections needed. He won't and it's sad. I truly wish he would change and forget about OAD, at least on a wholesale level, but again ... he won't because "who he is" won't let him. UK basketball used to be fun without limit. I thought Calipari was a great hire. Cal has proven to me it was a mistake. I only say this because I care about the Program ... that's it. He's tearing the program apart and dividing the fanbase. How can that be good in anyone's book? Some type of meaningful changes are needed. I have no power to change anything except to refuse to enable this guy ... I won't because I do not believe in him any longer. As long as I care, I will not be silent, I won't. I care only about the Program ... I don't care about any coach who is not a good steward for the Program. These recruited players are a "part" of the program. Taking care of the Program, takes care of the players. You bastardize the Program and call a "Players First Program". If so, who or what is second? It's all bullshit and it's all fraud ... while the Program suffers.

Why don't you do us all a favor and tell him that. If he hasn't mentioned it lately, have you ever wondered why? Maybe his line of BS doesn't sell as well as it used to and he can't deliver the true OAD talent like he did early on. His approach to OAD doesn't work now like it did early. Cal's problem is "who he is" and the fact that he will not humble himself to make the corrections needed. He won't and it's sad. I truly wish he would change and forget about OAD, at least on a wholesale level, but again ... he won't because "who he is" won't let him. UK basketball used to be fun without limit. I thought Calipari was a great hire. Cal has proven to me it was a mistake. I only say this because I care about the Program ... that's it. He's tearing the program apart and dividing the fanbase. How can that be good in anyone's book? Some type of meaningful changes are needed. I have no power to change anything except to refuse to enable this guy ... I won't because I do not believe in him any longer. As long as I care, I will not be silent, I won't. I care only about the Program ... I don't care about any coach who is not a good steward for the Program. These recruited players are a "part" of the program. Taking care of the Program, takes care of the players. You bastardize the Program and call a "Players First Program". If so, who or what is second? It's all bullshit and it's all fraud ... while the Program suffers.
what did he do with this team?

Don't have the time especially for this long paragraph.

Wrong!
Just heard Cal on an interview on ESPN yesterday say that if we cut the nets down in April but I do not have a player get drafted, the season has been a failure.

Let that sink in.
he’s getting a person drafted but why care with everything he says

Hey airheads one and done is pretty much 90% of the transfer market. Or are you all waxing poetic about all those fond memories of Grady dishing it to Quickley

Wrong!
Just heard Cal on an interview on ESPN yesterday say that if we cut the nets down in April but I do not have a player get drafted, the season has been a failure.

Let that sink in.
This is Cal's level of dysfunction, and it spreads up all the way up to the AD for allowing it. This type of attitude cannot be allowed to continue if you give two shits about this program. Calipari should be fired for cause. Pretty simple. The man is twisted and sick.

he’s getting a person drafted but why care with everything he says
...oh, I don't know ... maybe because he does what he says he'll do? You've called me several different unflattering names in this thread so after reading this gem, "he's getting a person drafted but why care with everything he says", I'm beginning to think you're an underaged child. Does the babysitter know where you are and what you're doing? Seriously, WTF ... no, never mind.

Laughable. We all wish we were clever, funny, and intelligent like you? Programs being trashed by Calipari's Big Blow Chit Show and we're just too "unintelligent" to understand. You may have been talking about yourself while basking in your smugness. Cal himself said that Draft night was what mattered the most and championships were secondary. In fact, embracing wholesale OAD was the ticket to those championships ... that's what Cal wants us to "believe". Time always reveals the truth. Unless you're blind and deaf, Time's been screaming for some time now and the message is "It ain't workin" and it hasn't been working for years now, if it ever really did. Program suffering, Recruiting suffering, Tradition being tarnished, Fanbase growing restless and unhappy. Cal's response? Fans are idiots ... of course, we are. That's what a narcissist always says.
You seem big mad bubba

Did he really?
Yes, he really did. Cal said he would not consider the season successful unless he got a player drafted in June.

Cal even ridiculed the fans that think winning a national championship is more important than his social mission as a coach. Look it up. I'm sure the interview is out there. Cal was just one of 3-4 SEC coaches that was on this particular interview.

Reactions: runt#69
Thank you Dali

Yes, he really did. Cal said he would not consider the season successful unless he got a player drafted in June.

Cal even ridiculed the fans that think winning a national championship is more important than his social mission as a coach. Look it up. I'm sure the interview is out there. Cal was just one of 3-4 SEC coaches that was on this particular interview.
i reluctantly agreed to disagree with Cal's schtick.

Until I didn't.

might as well slap me in the face, coach Cal.

Winning titles not as important? what a crock of shit.

Reactions: cathouse
i reluctantly agreed to disagree with Cal's schtick.

Until I didn't.

might as well slap me in the face, coach Cal.

Winning titles not as important? what a crock of shit.
The sad thing is, Cal does not care what the UK fans think about how he has chosen to run the greatest basketball program in the history of collegiate athletics.

Winning a title is so rare anywhere. All a coach can do is put his team in position to compete for one. It is also important to put the players in position to succeed in life, whether that is pro ball or becoming a doctor or teacher.

Caliparis says what he says for recruiting but his problem is he isn't getting the best recruits anymore. It also goes without saying if we win it all it helps everyone's draft stock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT