ADVERTISEMENT

Is Edwards just really raw?

There is no doubt he is really hurting us tonight. Obviously he is young and extremely talented but he is being a bit selfish this evening.
I don’t necessarily see selfish. I see:

Softest player on court
Athleticism not on par with what’s been said
Does not rebound well
Low basketball IQ

Should be a freshman who is given time to progress rather than a guy given 30 minutes right off the bat. Especially when we have Thiero to play in his spot.

I don’t necessarily see selfish. I see:

Softest player on court
Athleticism not on par with what’s been said
Does not rebound well
Low basketball IQ

Should be a freshman who is given time to progress rather than a guy given 30 minutes right off the bat. Especially when we have Thiero to play in his spot.
I appreciate your perspective and perhaps I am just biased by the rest of the games I have seen him play but I believe he is just trying to much at this point to justify he is the best player on the team. I’ll admit that I’m old school and came from when the game was more team than individual but man I love how Sheppard plays an overall game. Just would like to see the guys with even more talent play with his BB IQ.

Read the scouting reports on Edwards, guys. The ones that criticize players. You'll have your answer. I think DJ hid behind the drama between UK and Louisville, and played that up.

There are a ton of grown men across college basketball these days. And Edwards will be exposed by each and every one of them. As someone else said, I’d make this dude go up against Thiero in practice, rather than simply play alongside him. Force him to see what it takes to compete at this level against a grown ass man.

Reactions: Crowell7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT