ADVERTISEMENT

Is Edwards just really raw?

PensacolaBlue

Blue Chip Prospect
Nov 26, 2022
I’m not trying to be negative but I’m a little puzzled about his draft stock. What am I missing? And I’m not just reacting to this game. I’ve seen several games of his including high school. Btw, I think he’s going to be a good player, very smooth. I just don’t see anything that would make him a top 5 pick.

He’s a tall, athletic, lefty guard.

But I’m with you. He’s been pedestrian, at best, so far this season.

Reactions: mattrudd
I mean, c'mon. This thread gets started about a freshman or 3 on our team every year. "Top Pick my ass, can't dunk". Kids aren't going to play to their NBA potential in their first big time college game every time. Most times not. Not one NBA scout cares how he's playing now, not one college coach cares how he's playing now, they'll all take him. Every single one.

I mean, c'mon. This thread gets started about a freshman or 3 on our team every year. "Top Pick my ass, can't dunk". Kids aren't going to play to their NBA potential in their first big time college game every time. Most times not. Not one NBA scout cares how he's playing now, not one college coach cares how he's playing now, they'll all take him. Every single one.
Why so angry? I never said I expect him to play like a number 1 pick in game 3. I’m just not seeing that hidden talent. He doesn’t shoot well and he’s not a super big time athlete Just curious what the NBA sees. I’m thrilled to have him.

Reactions: MbergCat
He’s looked fine in the other games. Tough start to this one but let’s not overreact 3 games into it.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Are you blind? Maybe read the thread before you post next time.
"I’m a little puzzled about his draft stock. What am I missing?"

I guess you are missing the Size, handle, shooting for his size, and domination we saw in HS, I'm not sure what else to tell you bud.

Reactions: Fox2monk
"I’m a little puzzled about his draft stock. What am I missing?"

I guess you are missing the Size, handle, shooting for his size, and domination we saw in HS, I'm not sure what else to tell you bud.
Not that tall, isn’t a great shooter, doesn’t have great handles, is athletic but average by NBA standards. Just not seeing it. I guess we are on different pages.

Last edited:
I think when he doesn’t start well he gets in his head. Missed a FT, dunked into the front of the rim. Went slow on a layup and got it swatted. Lazily tried to catch that last pass from Rob that led to the HD 3. Just needs to get out of his head and have a lil of what Rob has.

He’s just soft and the transition for his position is a lot different than that of a guard.

Hopefully he will get it going after camp cal… we could be scary good if he does.

Unfortunately our two highest ranked Frosh players are our least talented
Been saying it for weeks
How can Milts granson have a broke jumper like that unreal

Reactions: CincyUKFan
He's just REALLY weak. He struggles driving the ball against stronger, quicker players. He has to learn how to use his length as an advantage.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Not that tall, isn’t a great shooter, doesn’t have great handles, is athletic but average by NBA standards. Just not seeing it. I guess we are on different pages.
I would add that he’s one of the softest players on the roster. Maybe he can lift weights and has measurable strength, but he has no strength in actual competition.

giphy.gif

Hope this is the low point of his career, because...it's really low. He's been Kansas's best player

There is no doubt he is really hurting us tonight. Obviously he is young and extremely talented but he is being a bit selfish this evening.

He is rebounding well. Killing us on offense. Missed every shot including sone dunks and bad shots

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT