ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley to Lakers?

Turned down 10 million from us.
Turned down 100 million from the Lakers.

Wild. At least that makes us feel a bit better. It wasn’t just us. Dude does give a fat crap about anything or anyone else. Is what it is.

If Pitino had a stronger marriage maybe he is still the coach of UK and legend status like a Rupp or Wooden; instead of being a basketball vagabond that never accomplished what he was capable of in coaching. A good woman can give good advice.
Joanne wears the pants in Pitino's family. He would still be at UK if she didn't want to go back up north. He left because she told him to.

I’m surprised Hurley didn’t have an ESPN special with hats on the table and everything. He’s the biggest asshole in college basketball.
I can’t wait for someone to put the asshole in his place and I think that happens this year!

His wife has him whipped bro.
I can’t say much because I’ve been with my wife for 24 years. If she wanted to do things I would want to do what my wife wanted too. I guess you could say I’m whipped too I’m not ashamed of it. We have raised 4 kids and now we are living the good life with the grandkids. I wouldn’t trade my wife for anyone we’ve had our ups and downs but life has been great for many years!

Joanne wears the pants in Pitino's family. He would still be at UK if she didn't want to go back up north. He left because she told him to.
Oh I thought around that point Pitino was cheating on her and she like moved to live in Indiana or something. I was young back the so just vague memories or that drama.

Reactions: susan2361
I'm glad at least that Uconn will have to basically go broke paying this guy. If he didn't get his extension, he will soon.

Make Uconn earn it.

There is no way his wife doesn’t control every part of his life. The way he eats. Walks. Talks, what recruiting trips to take, what position to get in before relations…etc

It’s insane to pass up UK to stay at that place but I get it. It’s diabolical to pass up the lakers
Mid T

Actually, I’m surprised the contract offer wasn’t bigger.

That's the other thing.. 6 year at $70m is a little weak IMO. One of those numbers needed to be higher.. either a longer contract at that yearly rate.. or a higher amount for those 6 total years. That to me kind of says the Lakers weren't THAT sold on him.

If the Lakers really think they were getting a shot at the next Pat Riley or Phil Jackson, that offer should have been higher.

There is no way his wife doesn’t control every part of his life. The way he eats. Walks. Talks, what recruiting trips to take, what position to get in before relations…etc

It’s insane to pass up UK to stay at that place but I get it. It’s diabolical to pass up the lakers
I’m sure at one time the current Mrs Hurley was the best his goofy ass could attract.
Wife is an anchor, kids are grown, he should have left that New England pasty tart and took the Lakers job.
Millions of dollars and fame and endless southern Cal poon, what a wasted opportunity

Or maybe…he simply turned down a job
You can only make/spend so much money and he’s quite happy where he is
If someone like the Lakers reaches out to you, though, you have to listen to what they have to say
I don’t think it was anything more than that

I mean. It's apparently working for him. I could be a "Yes Dear" for two titles and his salary.

Or maybe…he simply turned down a job
You can only make/spend so much money and he’s quite happy where he is
If someone like the Lakers reaches out to you, though, you have to listen to what they have to say
I don’t think it was anything more than that
I totally agree, but some posters here wouldn’t make a mountain out of a mole hill, would they?

He’s a northeasterner through and through.

The NBA jobs he wants are Knicks, maybe Nets, Sixers, Celtics etc… most those aren’t coming open rn but things change quick in the NBA.

The Lakers would have had a better chance if they traded Lebron and AD and went all in on a 5 year youth movement and guaranteed him he had 4-5 years security to build. Nobody wants to deal with uncoachable coach killer Lebron and his antics, or glass man AD as your core pieces. And def don’t want to draft Bronny JR. Lebron isn’t the same dude who can carry a team single handily…he’s old and has maybe 1-2 years left (enough time to get you fired) and he won’t take a back seat to a young star.

Reactions: TM2013
Is anyone surprised that Woj, who wrote a book about Hurley’s father, was the one with all the scoop that will only benefit Hurley?

You idiots don't understand anything about job security? The Lakers are run by idiots. They will never have any kind of real success when the people pulling the trigger are morons. Hurley's making life-changing money where he is, already. Probably got a few concessions out of the Laker interest, but you morons criticizing him for staying are just clueless and confessing publically you're clueless.

If he's happier at uconn, good for him. The thing is he's said that coaching in the NBA is a goal. He's not going to be a hotter commodity than he is right now, next season will probably bring him down to earth some. That's not a championship team, actually he might be the best coach ever if he wins a title with that team.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT