ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting to me other than Z there has not been a stampede of Cals players to follow him to Arky

Gotta follow the protocol, you know? Sign on the dotted line, play your one season, go to NBA, OR go away. We've already recruited over you, so if you think the guy coming in is better than you or will take your minutes, then transfer. Either way, you're likely gone. That is Cal's way. He claimed after getting his butt kicked by Oakland that he was going to change that approach and he would invite guys back. But the truth is, that's been the plan all along and if Wagner wasn't good enough, well, that's just too bad that he's not good enough.

As for Boogie Fland, he's in a quandary, as is Calipari. Only one of those 2 can start at the point. I have serious doubts Cal gets them both to Arkansas. I'm not sure which one will sign first, but I'd bet the other one goes elsewhere.
as we have seen Cal has no problem starting 2 point guards

Reactions: Fox2monk
I sure hope not.

We've had out disagreements with Cal, but if he's sick. That's going to be very very sad.
I hope I’m wrong to. I’m sure he has some good years left but it just seemed apparent to
Me. I wouldn’t wish that type of thing on anyone.

as we have seen Cal has no problem starting 2 point guards
Well, he did start 2 point guards on that 2009-10 team- Wall and Bledsoe. He has played 2 point guards a few times, but 1 of those 2 guards was usually a solid 3pt shooter. So, we're back to the same quandary for Fland and Wagner. Neither is a plus 3pt shooter. Both are fairly average. And with the more modern offenses so many have employed, it makes running 2 point guards more difficult, and it, at the very least, makes both of those guys have second thoughts.

Wagner's shot is broken, but he's a point guard and needs to play point most of the time he's in. I don't think anyone is fixing Wagner's shot at this point. But if Fland is a better shooter and scorer, he's taking Wagner's minutes. I'm sure Calipari will schmooze those guys well, have both thinking they'll play 30 minutes a game. He could sell a ketchup popsicle to a person wearing white gloves, right? But his schtick is aging and not as believable as it once was. If I'm either of those guys, I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Well, he did start 2 point guards on that 2009-10 team- Wall and Bledsoe. He has played 2 point guards a few times, but 1 of those 2 guards was usually a solid 3pt shooter. So, we're back to the same quandary for Fland and Wagner. Neither is a plus 3pt shooter. Both are fairly average. And with the more modern offenses so many have employed, it makes running 2 point guards more difficult, and it, at the very least, makes both of those guys have second thoughts.

Wagner's shot is broken, but he's a point guard and needs to play point most of the time he's in. I don't think anyone is fixing Wagner's shot at this point. But if Fland is a better shooter and scorer, he's taking Wagner's minutes. I'm sure Calipari will schmooze those guys well, have both thinking they'll play 30 minutes a game. He could sell a ketchup popsicle to a person wearing white gloves, right? But his schtick is aging and not as believable as it once was. If I'm either of those guys, I'm having 2nd thoughts.
when Briscoe was here he started 3 point guards
the biggest problem Cal ever had was lack of more than 1 or 2 3 point shooters
2012 was an exception

when Briscoe was here he started 3 point guards
the biggest problem Cal ever had was lack of more than 1 or 2 3 point shooters
2012 was an exception
Yep, we all saw the result of playing 3 point guards with Briscoe. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Having multiple ball handlers is good so long as those guys can shoot it. We ran into the same issue with Wheeler. If he was on the floor, you had to put 2 shooters on the wings. If you didn't, everyone knew Wheeler wasn't making shots, so then you've got 2 guys not able to shoot. You can trace the demise of that team back to the injury to TyTy Washington. When he came back, he just wasn't the same. That mid-range jumper that was automatic early in the season wasn't falling and the 3pt shooting was also never the same. Grady carried them until his chronic injuries flared again. Early in the year, when TyTy and Grady were making shots and Wheeler only had to worry about driving and passing, that team was solid, and they had 2 point guards and a 3rd who could play point if needed. But you gotta have consistent shooters.

Cal is telling everyone to hold off before they commit so he can have everyone wondering if he could really have his pick of the litter at Arkansas. And he will. But the results will be same.
Will be really fun to watch DJ, Fland, Knox, and Richmond throw up one brick after another. Glad it won’t happen here.

Now when the dust settles many of them may. Bradshaw to Ohio State. I thought DJ and the Wagners were tight with Cal ? Again, DJ may end up there but they are trying to get Boogie to Arky and I"m sure they thought DJ would be off to the NBA but I don't see that.
Will be interesting to see how many follow him.
I hope I'm wrong but knowing Cal he's locked and loaded waiting to disperse. Just like going to the hogs right before title night. Who slipped that...

People Wtf GIF

• Haha
I see all the bluebloods and a dozen or more programs being stacked every year and all the rest suffer. There will be relative talent parity among the top 15-20 schools and coaching and roster management will determine who wins big. That's not good news if you're an Arky fan.
BINGO!

Why is it surprising? They all left him every year when he was the coach of KY.

Can't wait to come back to this after Cal and Knox curb stomp the kittens in rupp next season. The Kentucky butt hurt is strong to very strong.
No butt hurt here..but I remember several posters on this board say Knox was not a knock down shooter and not a player “we” would be happy with…and that was long before Calipari decided to take the Arkansas position.

Reactions: NuttinButtLove
Arkansas does a badass name the ''razorbacks'' is cool as hell. It's a shame they ruin it by calling their team the ''hogs''.

True and at some point Dad and Grandpa Wagner are going to have to face the fact that DJ isn't a stud.
Maybe they know exactly how good he is, but it's actually DJ's self assessment that is off. I like DJ. He's a tough kid. But, maybe it's DJ wanting more than his actual market value. We don't know. But it was probably a little rough getting humbled to some degree against college kids.

Maybe they know exactly how good he is, but it's actually DJ's self assessment that is off. I like DJ. He's a tough kid. But, maybe it's DJ wanting more than his actual market value. We don't know. But it was probably a little rough getting humbled to some degree against college kids.
Agree with that. Like any family, they are probably staying out of it and encouraging him to try hard. I like him, too. Never had an attitude that I saw.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Can't wait to come back to this after Cal and Knox curb stomp the kittens in rupp next season. The Kentucky butt hurt isso strong to very strong.
We are all still choking down some crow.
Memphis warned us.
Will you be back at the end is the question?
You have been warned.
🐄 already hates you necks .
You just don't know it yet.

Can't wait to come back to this after Cal and Knox curb stomp the kittens in rupp next season. The Kentucky butt hurt is strong to very strong.
He have beat you unmercifully during our darkest hours the last two years.

Get this through your thick head.

We are UK. You are Arkansas.

It’s sooooo pathetic you are even here. I’ve never once read one sentence of an Arkansas message board.

You couldn’t even pay him the $ we did. You also got embarrassed at the press conference. Hell, he talked more about UK than Arkansas. Not to mention the attendance vs. ours.

In a few years, you will have NBA players but nothing in the real win column to show for it. Enjoy, the circus.

Cal's problem was never getting talented players. His problem was between the lines after Robic left. I think most folks now see how vital Robic was to the Xs and Os, game planning, etc.

Of course I have no idea but it Feels like these guys agents are shopping them around driving up the chicken money and manufacturing drama. Twitter hasn't mentioned hardly any of these guys even visiting or talking to anyone else. In fact iirc Knox had a chicken in his ig bio soon as cal took that job.

Still believe jq ends up there and I half wish pope would just let him go. He's using us to drive up the chicken money and the way Twitter reads, UL doesn't have the money he's asking for. So just let him go because you're getting nothing out of a 17 year old and he will be demanding more next year.

Man, I'm thrilled Calipari is gone! Butt hurt? No, it's called jumping for joy! You'll find out jethog86. Don't get me wrong, there are some things Cal does very well. He can recruit, he's one of the best at it. You'll have talent. From the outside, looking in, you might think that should be enough. But when it comes to Xs and Os, he has always struggled. You'll win the games when his initial game plan works. But when teams figure out how to attack your team and Cal is forced to adjust, he will struggle. Last 4 years at UK, he had...

1. UK's worst season in its history.
2. UK lost to a double-digit seed in the NCAA-T for the first time in its history.
3. UK didn't have a single SEC-T win.
4. UK lost 4 straight home games for the first time in its history.
5. UK lost to a double-digit seed for the 2nd time in its history.
6. UK had a bunch of one and done players, some forced out by Cal himself, and the top ones who didn't declare transferred elsewhere the vast majority of times and felt like failures.

You'll see my friend. It may take some time, but the day will come when you'll be happy to see him go. Good luck, except for when you face the Cats, of course. 😀👍

Now when the dust settles many of them may. Bradshaw to Ohio State. I thought DJ and the Wagners were tight with Cal ? Again, DJ may end up there but they are trying to get Boogie to Arky and I"m sure they thought DJ would be off to the NBA but I don't see that.
Will be interesting to see how many follow him.
Cal is doing what he did at UK for many years .... we know this.

They will trickle as he needs momentum and hype. He prioritizes this aspect. Watch and see.

Reactions: Bogansback2Basil
Man, I'm thrilled Calipari is gone! Butt hurt? No, it's called jumping for joy! You'll find out jethog86. Don't get me wrong, there are some things Cal does very well. He can recruit, he's one of the best at it. You'll have talent. From the outside, looking in, you might think that should be enough. But when it comes to Xs and Os, he has always struggled. You'll win the games when his initial game plan works. But when teams figure out how to attack your team and Cal is forced to adjust, he will struggle. Last 4 years at UK, he had...

1. UK's worst season in its history.
2. UK lost to a double-digit seed in the NCAA-T for the first time in its history.
3. UK didn't have a single SEC-T win.
4. UK lost 4 straight home games for the first time in its history.
5. UK lost to a double-digit seed for the 2nd time in its history.
6. UK had a bunch of one and done players, some forced out by Cal himself, and the top ones who didn't declare transferred elsewhere the vast majority of times and felt like failures.

You'll see my friend. It may take some time, but the day will come when you'll be happy to see him go. Good luck, except for when you face the Cats, of course. 😀👍
You're spot on, IL Wildcat. Frankly the idiotic comments from the Fayetteville faithful about "spin" coming from UK fans and being "butt hurt," is rich. It's been decades since they've been relevant on the national scene - which was for a cup of coffee anyway - and they clearly are satisfied, happy in fact to have a coach that put together the worst five year run in UK's history. Of course, UK is the greatest program in the history of the sport and Arkansas' greatest run came with a coach that had a .368% winning percentage against that greatest program in history.

Spin that...

[laughing]

They will take a step back from Muss. Other than this year, Arkansas has been really good under Muss. A gay love triangle always seems to cause problems with team “bonding”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT